my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » CRUMBSUCKERS To Reunite For Special 'Life Of Dreams' 20th Anniversary Concert

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CRUMBSUCKERS To Reunite For Special 'Life Of Dreams' 20th Anniversary Concert
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 16, 2006 23:38       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CRUMBSUCKERS To Reunite For Special 'Life Of Dreams' 20th Anniversary Concert - Feb. 16, 2006

Legendary New York hardcore/metal act CRUMBSUCKERS will be reuniting for a special show to mark the 20th anniversary of their classic "Life of Dreams" release. Original members Chris Notaro (vocals), Chuck Lenihan (guitar; GENITORTURERS), Gary Meskil (bass; PRO-PAIN) and Dan Richardson (drums; LIFE OF AGONY, PRO-PAIN, STEREOMUD) will be accompanied by an as-yet-undetermined second guitarist for a reunion concert in New York City this summer.

"Over the past week, I have been in close contact with my old bandmates via phone and e-mail," Meskil confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today (Feb. 16). "I'm happy to say that all are optimistic and excited about a CRUMBSUCKERS reunion.

"At this point we are still in the early planning stages, but we intend to play a special 'Life Of Dreams' 20th anniversary reunion concert in NYC this summer (date and venue to be announced), which will certainly be a lot of fun."

CRUMBSUCKERS released two full-length albums through the Combat label — 1986's "Life of Dreams" and 1988's "Beast On My Back" — before finally calling it a day in the early Nineties. Several members embarked on a melodic metal venture called HEAVY RAIN, but that band was short-lived. The rhythm section of Meskil and Richardson went on to PRO-PAIN, while Chuck Lenihan ended up with GENITORTURERS.

IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 16, 2006 23:56     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was a GREAT album. And what a show they gave in Montreal! Still have the tshirt. Really never wear it. TWas too cool to wear.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted February 17, 2006 02:13     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kids these days talk about metalcore and all I can think of is The Crumbsuckers, The Accused, Excel, Broken Bones, DRI, Cro-mags...etc.
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted February 17, 2006 09:03     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holyfuckingshit Batman!

That will be a MUST attend. wow!

Gorilla Biscuits last year now the Crumbsuckers!!!!!!

Could it really be 20 years since Life of Dreams?

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 17, 2006 09:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we are all getting OLD.

cool news

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 20, 2006 06:24     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Getting old indeed, but it's f*ckn exciting news

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted February 20, 2006 18:00     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ITS UP TO US TO FIGHT THE WAR

AS RONNIE SCREWS UP MORE AND MORE

SIT THERE !!!!!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 21, 2006 21:42     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
20 fuckin' years since "Life Of Dreams"?!? Yeah, we are all getting' old...I was in high school(10th grade) when I bought the cassette. A total display of metallic-vomit solos and nasty punk anger done totally spot on!!! I played the hell out of that tape and lent it to a friend of mine who was a total Ramones freak at the time,after he listened to it,his new slogan changed to "IT'S A BULLSHIT SOCIETY!"(kick-ass song,too)....

..."Like a spy disappears,when the trouble is near.."

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted April 04, 2006 20:04     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok so now its a real thing.

Check the web site
www.crumbsuckers.net
or http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=3422

AUGUST 3RD

this will be a legendary show.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan