my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Megadeth bassist?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Megadeth bassist?
pendar
VoivodFan
Member # 409

posted February 11, 2006 09:36     Profile for pendar   Email pendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like whatshisname is now out of the band and Dave Ellefson is poised to make his triumphant return. Or coming back with his tail between his legs , however you want to look at it. What do you think Schroeder?
 |  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 11, 2006 10:54     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only Marty Friedman and Nick Menza to go...
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 11, 2006 13:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want those guys back.The last albums they did where terrible.
The System Has Failed is the first Megadeth album i've liked since So Far...So Good,and that was almost 20 years ago.
It has a vibe of the first 3 albums and it was good.I don't want them going back to the boring crap they use to do.Like the stuff Metallica & Slayer are putting out now.

IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 11, 2006 13:28     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't put Metallica and Slayer in the same bag.

I thing that Rust in Piece is really strong, I'm suprised you give up on this one..

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2006 18:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! That's damn interesting considering all the shit that went on between the Dave's. Lawsuits, royalties, name calling... Mustaine showed he didn't need Jr to make a great album, hell he didn't seem to need anyone, it's all his ideas and music and lyrics and vocals anyway.

Maybe their friendship is still straong and I think it's cool they can put the past shit behind them and play together again, it certainly shows a lot of character for Mustaine to let Jr back in the band, and lets face it Jr's done nothing worthwhile since leaving Megadeth... don't bite the hand that feed ya

Anyway, I still think Megadeth has always out classed Metallica, and yeah they have had a couple embarrassing releases (RISK = shit) but overall a damn fine carreer and certainly an icon in the world of metal.

cool news IMHO

--------------------

yawn

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted February 12, 2006 07:06     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I still think Megadeth has always out classed Metallica

I agree 100%. I can't understand why Mustaine was blubbering on SKOM when his band were miles better, even though they did not make as many $. That was a real kick in the teeth for all Megadeth fans.

I can't see Ellefson rejoining the band after Mustaine sued him. We'll see.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 12, 2006 17:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wasn't it Jr trying to sue Mustaine for royalties or past compensation, and he flat out lost? I just know there was a lot of bad vibes between those two for a few years after Mustaine "hurt" himself and ended Megadeth, for a while.

I'd still like to see a double headliner of Megadeth and Metallica with an encore that would feature Mustaine palying a few songs he penned while in metallica with his old mates. Of course Metallica would rather tour with a bunch of Nu-Metal dicks than bands from the day. Mustaine tours with real metal bands on the bill and hasn't forgot his roots.

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 12, 2006 18:09       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Metallica would rather tour with a bunch of Nu-Metal dicks than bands from the day. Mustaine tours with real metal bands on the bill and hasn't forgot his roots.

my thoughts exactly

IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 12, 2006 22:12     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's shitty news. MacDonough is 100x the bass player Ellefson is. Maybe james will go back to work with Iced Earth? That would be cool. I'd love to hear him with Bobby Jarzombek as I.E.'s backbone.
JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted February 13, 2006 02:07     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Their new bassist has been chosen:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=48262

pendar
VoivodFan
Member # 409

posted February 13, 2006 08:42     Profile for pendar   Email pendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ouch.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 13, 2006 16:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!! I remember seeing White Lion at Hammerjacks way back in the day. Well JR is left unemployeed again. Nice to see it looks like Mustaine and MacDonough parted on good terms. Also nice to hear there will be another Megadeth album.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan