my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Albums (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Voivod Albums
Brasil_Metal
VoivodFan
Member # 756

posted February 10, 2006 03:34     Profile for Brasil_Metal   Email Brasil_Metal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm Doom is one of the best of the aforementioned bands Complicated Mind is such a great album... and I was looking on the net, and found a fansite from them... actually the bassist continued working on solo after the band splitted-up, so i don't know about the tendonits, and in 1999(I think) he was found dead in a river, drowned, ppl say thats because he had been suffering from depression, and it remains unknown if he comitted suicide....

keep answering!....

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 10, 2006 09:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:
There is a group called Union Made who had some good songs, look for them in the download section of this very site.

Good punk riffs and the singer, well you need to hear him for yourself.

That dont count, he just blessed them with his presence.

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 10, 2006 18:28     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brasil-Metal, yeah the "Complicated Mind" LP was the one that made me take notice of their "high-tower tech bipolar-metal" stylings,even the vocalist was reminiscent of Snake in a way,down to his semi-psychonaut moody phrasings, and the guitarist/bassist and drummer were insanely in lockstep rhythm. You're right about the news of the bassist...my mistake. It's a huge pity that he ended up that way..please tell me the site for the Japanese Doom....best regards!

"Salvation's a disguise...to the unwary and unwise"

Brasil_Metal
VoivodFan
Member # 756

posted February 11, 2006 07:09     Profile for Brasil_Metal   Email Brasil_Metal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey neutronboy.... here's the website... http://users.adelphia.net/~sypholux/doomfaq.htm .............
Brasil_Metal
VoivodFan
Member # 756

posted February 11, 2006 09:17     Profile for Brasil_Metal   Email Brasil_Metal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
theres a brazilian band called Nebulizer, they mix the sound of the first 3 or 2 albums with a crust hardcore sound.....
not great, but quite enjoyable

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 12, 2006 22:49     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brasil-Metal,many thanks for listing that DOOM site...looks fucking amazing! I'll be spending a lot of time checking it out! What are Nebulizer like? Ever heard of a metal band from Brazil(?)called Psychic Possessor(not the punk band)? I think they had a record out a long time ago called ,"Toxin Diffusion". I got this back in '88/89? I may be wrong about them being from Brazil,that was the info given to me at the time I got the album
Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 12, 2006 23:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anodyne always reminded me of Phobos-era Voivod somewhat.

http://www.anodynehq.com/

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted February 13, 2006 06:19     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
welcome cara

rollins band-life time 1988
in some tracks the guitars do sound like punkish KTechnology IMHO

click here - carregar aqui

Brasil_Metal
VoivodFan
Member # 756

posted February 13, 2006 18:42     Profile for Brasil_Metal   Email Brasil_Metal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey there...
well nebulizer are justa as I said punkish voivod with crust HC mixed to it... and Psychic Possessor indeed are brazilian and they have 1988 - Toxin Difusion, and 1989 - Nós Somos A América do Sul (this last one is completely punk so they are the punk band you mentioned)

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted February 13, 2006 22:17     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
drive like jehu--reminds me of Voivod mixed with Fugazi...highly underrated by metal fans!
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted February 14, 2006 04:54     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
check PLAYING ENEMY if you're looking for a band which sounds like "Dimension hatrosss/Nothingface"-era

3 songs are available on their My space page http://www.myspace.com/playingenemy

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan