my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Super Bowl XL Thread

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super Bowl XL Thread
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted February 06, 2006 09:41     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know most, if not all of you don't care, however I have been a die hard Steeler fan all of my life.

Last night they defeated the Seahawks 21-10 to win the NFL championship. Congratulations to the Seahawk fans on the great year and good game. I was going nuts!

I have suffered through many disappointing years of getting to the final game, (AFC Champ or Super Bowl) only to lose badly. Last night it all changed, it was a great moment.

I have posting here for some time and I know that this isn't Voivod/Metal related. I just wanted to share this with the greatest forum on the web.

Enough outta me.
Thanks
Tom

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2006 10:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:

I have suffered through many disappointing years of getting to the final game

Hey, you want suffering...I'm a fuckin' Browns fan....sad years indeed! And yeah, I was rooting for the Seahawks, but damn I like that Cowher scowl and chin...not to mention Polamalu's schweet ass hair blowing across the tv screen. Congrats to them, and boo to the zebra stripers, haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 06, 2006 14:07     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am a Bengals fan! Have been for many many losing years.
This year they made it to the playoffs!
I am proud of the turnaround.

Browns? Who dey? hehe.

Of course, as a Bengals fan i had to cheer against Pittsburgh.
They are our arch enemies.
It is unbelievable to me that they went on to win the stuporbowl.

Congrats to them i guess...grrrrrr!

Seattle made it to the SB! That is quite a feat.
Hope they can be there next year too.

Never got to see the game.
Its hard to see anything other than BORING (Soccer) Football here in Croatia.

GO BENGALS!!!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 06, 2006 14:08       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Browns fan.The Browns don't even get any respect here in Ohio
They where suppose to have a great season this year but somehow the Bengals did instead.

well time to bring on the hockey.I'm betting on Ottawa to win it all this year.Maybe even an all Canada Stanley Cup finals too.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2006 14:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i rooted fro Seattle just because they have a better music scene and some of my fav bands come from there or are associated with the area... isn't that how you pick a team to cheer for?

I started to watch the game but lost interest in about 8 minutes where I desided to fuck around on the PC finish a cool Simpsons puzzle my stepdaughter had given me for Xmas, and watch a movie. I did get to see a few cool commercials however... that was fun

congrats to the Steelers

--------------------

yawn

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted February 06, 2006 16:01     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a Seattle fan since the year they came in the league('76) I gotta say the game sucked for me. Pittsburgh is a class team and deserve their props though. Gotta say that I don't know that you Pittsburgh fans can complain about much. Even though it had been awhile since hoisting the trophy FIVE Superbowl wins plus so many other great seasons is hardly a heartbreaking franchise!! Hell, it seems like they make the playoffs every year. Anyway, congrats to em! I'm just a disgruntled Seahawks fan right now. haha.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 06, 2006 22:00     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The word going around these parts is that the Steelers had a 12th man as well as the Seahawks, only their's was a "ref!!"

That game fucking stunk of pay-offs!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 06, 2006 23:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
i rooted fro Seattle just because they have a better music scene and some of my fav bands come from there or are associated with the area... isn't that how you pick a team to cheer for?

Funny that you say that Schroed, I watched the game at my girl's work, the local rock station was hosting a viewing party, and when we finally left the club around 9pm we ran into Krist Novaselic and his wife walking down the street. That was a trip!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 06, 2006 23:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:
The word going around these parts is that the Steelers had a 12th man as well as the Seahawks, only their's was a "ref!!"

That game fucking stunk of pay-offs!

Ben Rottenburger did not cross the goal line, that is PAINFULLY obvious

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted February 07, 2006 00:07     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a 9ers fan and they didn't even get close, hell, I got closer to the Super Bowl than them.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2006 00:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fuse:
Funny that you say that Schroed, I watched the game at my girl's work, the local rock station was hosting a viewing party, and when we finally left the club around 9pm we ran into Krist Novaselic and his wife walking down the street. That was a trip!!

did you give them a ride or were you worried he'd get too politacal and nostalgic while in the car
I think Chris going into politics (if indeed he's dtill doing that) was a better descision than trying to continue with music. He seemed lost without Kurt for guidance... Grohl however became HUGE.

sorry this was suppose to be a football thread... I agree, that ball NEVER broke the plane on that first so-called touchdown.
Oh well, it's only a game, nothing really important...

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 07, 2006 11:54       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah i saw on ESPN they where saying all the ball needed was momentum towards the goal line for a touchdown?I've never heard that explanation before but it really doesnt matter because without that touchdown they still would of won.Seattle barely even showed up.
But i do have to admit that the bad calls in every sport now is really ruining sports for me.(that and the huge amounts of money they get but dont earn).
I've seen several NBA Championship games that the Lakers won from bad calls and there's no way they should of won those games.The last two rings the Lakers got they got from the ref.
The only sport i still like is Hockey and i'm not much into that anymore since the strike.I liked it better before they tried to spread out the good players but Hockey is still the best sport out there.

IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 07, 2006 15:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When i was back in the U.S. for two months, i got to see Hockey on OLN.
I think that theyre coverage was bad.
Recorded every single game i could so i can see them again here in Europe.
The most Hockey i get to see here is Russian.
I like it...but its no NHL.

Missed the Superbowl.
I agree about the bad calls ruining sports.
Seems to me like people are paid off and sports fixed nowdays.
NASCAR is definitely a fixed sport now as well.
The Points System, Shootouts and the exclusive small group of drivers of which one will win in every race, while the others are running in the back.
The way they start the races with two groups of cars (Seperated by Pacecars).
I could go on & on about the rigging of NASCAR. lol.

Anyways.

Congratulations to all the Sponsors for winning the Superbowl...oops...i mean Pittsburgh.

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted February 07, 2006 16:39     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the Seahawks got a raw deal on those calls. The phantom pass interference in the end zone and the Roethisberger run were horrific calls.

However, please keep in mind the Steelers had to win out the regular season, only to face the Bengals, Indy, and Denver on the road and win all 3. It took a near miracle for them to be in the Super Bowl in the first place.

I hated the officiating as well. It causes an asterick to be next to the Steelers victory forever.

Do I think the fix was in? No I don't. It's not like there has been no incidents up till now and out of nowhere they blew several calls. Its been horrible all year for all teams including the Steelers. (remember the interception call in Indy?)

Maybe they'll do someting about it, I don't know, I do know we are the NFL Champs and Im happy.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 11, 2006 01:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
did you give them a ride or were you worried he'd get too politacal and nostalgic while in the car
I think Chris going into politics (if indeed he's dtill doing that) was a better descision than trying to continue with music. He seemed lost without Kurt for guidance... Grohl however became HUGE.

We were walking to our car 5 blocks away, and they were walking to their hotel a couple blocks away. Apparantly he lives off the coast with a bunch of farm animals, and he told a story about how some got sick, I don't remember tho, sorry

I've heard even though he isn't in the music "scene" per se, he donates tons of money to schools and arts dedicated to music.

Man is he tall haha

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 11, 2006 02:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:
Maybe they'll do someting about it, I don't know, I do know we are the NFL Champs and Im happy.

Congrats

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan