my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Go Hang Out With Blacky!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Go Hang Out With Blacky!!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 05, 2006 17:54     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he is on tour with Priestess, The Sword and Early Man. He will be the handsome guy selling merch for Priestess, more than likely.

got to spend about 20 hours on tour with them this weekend and had a BLAST. i told Blacky i was going to invite the whole internet to come bug him on the road and he said to bring your bad selves on! in addition to hanging with a super cool guy, youll get to hear some great stoner rock/metal. all three bands were surprising great...like i said, i had a blast.

anyways...here are the tour dates on the Priestess MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/priestessband

check out their tunes along with the other bands:
http://www.myspace.com/earlyman
http://www.myspace.com/thesword

maybe nia will post some of the pics JY sent to her. good times.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 05, 2006 18:42     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neat. I missed him when he was in town with Decapitated... had a hangover the size of Satan. I probably wouldve died at the club.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 06, 2006 00:24     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna and I will be at the show in Abq. on the 15th!
Neat!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2006 00:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
had a hangover the size of Satan.

Argor!

mmmm, yes. Look forward to standing round and poking myself to make sure it really is blacky there behind the merch table. I might even *gasp* talk to him! haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 06, 2006 01:24     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Argor!

mmmm, yes. Look forward to standing round and poking myself to make sure it really is blacky there behind the merch table. I might even *gasp* talk to him! haha.

um, yeah. ive already warned him to look out for you.

j/k. hes really looking forward to meeting you. bring your crew and harass the old guy!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 06, 2006 01:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Argor!

Be sure to wear your Voivod shirt...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 06, 2006 10:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i never got those photos 'thon.

check out this contest (scroll down)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2006 10:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha cthon...If by "crew" you mean my South Valley bitches and homies...then you betcha.

Hey, why does blacky's tongue look orange in that picture? Suckin' on the 'ole Orange Fanta?

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 06, 2006 10:43     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
check out this contest (scroll down)

I KNOW THE ANSWER! IT'S THE GUY FROM BLACKCLOUD!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 06, 2006 22:08     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
youll get to hear some great stoner rock/metal. all three bands were surprising great...

For some real stoner rock check out:
www.myspace.com/mosgenerator

**well, maybe it's just hard rock.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 06, 2006 23:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would be an honor to meet Jean-Yves, I'm hoping I can make it to the gig that day. Thanks for the info!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 08, 2006 12:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why they no come to the UK???
Lazy fuckers

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 09, 2006 21:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone help me? I'm not finding the Brazilian dates.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 10, 2006 00:16     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems that this tour will be in Houston tomorrow night-if I'm able to go and Blacky's at the merch booth,I'll politely stop by and give him my best regards....
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2006 11:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Can someone help me? I'm not finding the Brazilian dates.

Let's just fly you to Albuquerque...that way you can hang out with slugbutt, blacky and myself

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 12, 2006 00:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Let's just fly you to Albuquerque...that way you can hang out with slugbutt, blacky and myself

Hooray!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 12, 2006 11:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna, I know Lyc's Grimm photo is great and all that, but having his face on your body is making me feel really confused. Its like playing 'Guess Who' on acid.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 12, 2006 20:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Luna, I know Lyc's Grimm photo is great and all that, but having his face on your body is making me feel really confused.

How do you think I feel seeing Will Ferrell banging on that fuckin' cowbell on your body?!?

--------------------

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 12, 2006 22:07     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey kids...
Early Man,Priestess,Sword came to Houston on a chilly Friday evening..I got there but missed Sword,so I don't know how they were. I kinda recognized someone who was doing the merch booth and asked if he was Jean-Yves...I came up to him in a longsleeve Voivod "Phobos" shirt and he had a big grin and pointed to it. He was very friendly and cool to talk to! Some of the beginning talk was about Voivod(no I didn't ask a whole lot of questions),the music industry in general,the current tour and his projects. Blacky, you couldn't have a been a nicer guy to chat with(I hope I didn't bend yer ear too much),and my friend Joel(the tall guy with dreads) who I brought up to ya was very excited to meet ya! That guy Dave(had the patches on his jacket who asked you to sign his Voivod patch),he kept apologizing for not recognizing you when he came in. He recognized me from a lot of shows in town I go to. Priestess played next and I liked their basic,ragged rock-n-granite dirtiness...cranking out the dusty riffs and playing with heart and conviction. Next time Priestess returns to Houston, I'll buy their cd! Early Man was awesome with their metal onslaught..reminds me of a lot of different metal band styles I like....great show!!!

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted February 12, 2006 22:15     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its true that blacky is a very cool and down to earth individual...very fun to talk with...and he also has alot of anecdotes from the 80 to tell...which i find very interesting !!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 13, 2006 17:00     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
when we were hanging out, the venue was playing all these old metal videos on various screens, stuff like Venom, Slayer, Dianno-era Maiden. talk about conversation starters! ...good times.

--------------------

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 19, 2006 16:38     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone, I'm back home, actually for a week now, trying to get back to my normal schedule.

Thanks to everyone who came to hangout, it was cool to meet some of you.

Thanks XD for the DVD's.
Luna, I put your magnet on the fridge.
Cthon, you're the best groupie I slept with.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 19, 2006 19:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
waitaminute. i thought groupies were "annoying", haha?

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 20, 2006 09:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schweeet! You made it home safe and sound.
Glad to have met you mr. blacky.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 20, 2006 23:43     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
waitaminute. i thought groupies were "annoying", haha?

They're only annoying when all they want to do is touch your hair!

Hey sis, what magnet? A howling coyote? Our state bird, the mighty fast Road Runner? beep! beep!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan