my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Meet Voivod's new labelmates

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meet Voivod's new labelmates
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 31, 2006 10:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM!!!

They also have a nice voivodian logo:
HERE

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 31, 2006 15:43     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've downloaded a sample from their site and it's really original music. I've got to check them out.

I like the old alchemist book look of their website. That symbol reminds me of a design used on the Outer Limits era.

Speaking of books, I've get my hands on two by Stefan Wul for 3 bucks. "Le Temple du Passé" and "Piège sur Zarkass"

Both with cover artwork by W. SIUDMAK

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 01, 2006 00:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is one of the most original bands out there. I cannot recommend their live show highly enough. Beyond description. If only they & VV could do a tour...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted February 01, 2006 01:25     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you like SGM, check out Estradasphere, Mr. Bungle, Fantmos, and all the SGM projects.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 01, 2006 09:31     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it me or The End Record is a great label? Voivod really found the right one this time. Too bad they haven't signed there sooner...

@ Syl

Bravo! essais de mettre la main sur Nôô (1 et 2).

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 01, 2006 12:03     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see some influence from Univers Zero from time to time in their sound in part because of the violin. But the overall is really unique.

Another band great band on The End Record is GREEN CARNATION especially with the album "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" wich is one song of like 45 minutes of soul searching madness.

I'll check for Nôô...he wasn't there so I took what's left.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan