my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RIOT Bassist "Suffers Major Blow To Head" In Fall

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIOT Bassist "Suffers Major Blow To Head" In Fall
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 30, 2006 10:50     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIOT Bassist "Suffers Major Blow To Head" In Fall

2006-01-30 10:41:19

RIOT have posted the following message at their official web site:

"On Friday January 27th the day of RIOT`s performance in Las Vegas, Pete Perez (bass) fell down at Mark's (Reale - guitar) house

in Long Island and suffered a major blow to his head, he was rushed to the hospital around 7:30am after not knowing where he was, what day it was or even who he was. Doctors told Mark they did not want Pete to get on the air plain but wanted him to stay over night so test could be performed to see if any other injuries had taken place. After several hours in the hospital, Pete started to come around but still was a bit foggy on what happened to him, Mark told him what had happen and what the doctors want to do, so Pete had no choice but to stay in the hospital that night for more test. The rest of the band did not want to cancel the day of the show after all ready having to re schedule these shows, so they decided to board the air craft with out Pete to perform as a four piece. The boys played all the hits and each night made an announcement about Pete's condition and why he was night going to be performing with the band. Meanwhile, a friend of Franks went to see Pete at the hospital on Saturday, he was doing much better and asked about the band, he told him that they went on with out him to perform as a four piece. Pete was happy to see that they where doing the shows but was sad that he was not their, the doctors where still not sure why he fill down and some of the tests had not come back yet, so Pete stayed in for a second night. The band would like to thank all the fans who made there way to each show, this was a history making weekend for RIOT but all of you supported them so well, hats off to all our fans. Pete will return to San Antonio on Monday, he will need to rest and recoup from his medical condition, therefore the band will have to re schedule FRIDAY FEBRUARY 3rd at JAXX the band just will not be able to reset this soon and are very sorry to all the fans that where making their way to this show, but the band just can not make this show at this time."

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 30, 2006 11:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
english must be a second language for the person who wrote that because that their peace of writin has an insane amount of grammatical errors.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 30, 2006 13:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
english must be a second language for the person who wrote that because that their peace of writin has an insane amount of grammatical errors.

This wus writtun buy an dutch men ai suposse.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted January 30, 2006 13:29     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually it is written phonetically in the official language of New York, which is called "Fuckin Brooklyn".

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 30, 2006 23:26     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i thot they was from canadien aye.

i'd be embarrased if my band released a statement with that many grammatical errors.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 31, 2006 00:37       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe the guy that got hit in the head made the statement.
IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 31, 2006 01:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who the fuck is riot

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 31, 2006 04:06     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
maybe the guy that got hit in the head made the statement.

That's fucking mean, but really fucking funny!

quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Who the fuck is riot

I saw Riot open for KISS in 1984. They didn't have "all the hits" back then. They must have penned them later.

Either way, this guy falls and takes a blow to the head, but no one seems to know what happened? And it happened at a bandmember's house???

Sounds like Riot wants to go four-piece on this guy and didn't know how to tell him.

Hope he gets better...then sues for "slip and fall". Long live Riot.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 31, 2006 05:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dit Riot write:
"Fire down under" and "Swords and tequilla"?

then i know them. Superb songs.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 01, 2006 00:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I saw Riot open for KISS in 1984.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking; 80s hair metal or some shit. I think I used to burn their pic in the pages of BAM.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 01, 2006 10:12     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The band was formed in 1976. They were before A LOT of those 80s hair metal band. And they played metal/hard rock in NY when it wasn't a fashion. When everybody was playing punk, new wave or everybody's favourite music it seems, disco. 30 years in the business.

But it's not a band I like apart from the first 3 LP.

So I guess a lot of you didn't know the band before posting...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 02, 2006 00:43     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1976? Really?? Damn, they are old. I think I may have seen them live back in the day, not 76 tho!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan