my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Drummer IGOR CAVALERA Quits SEPULTURA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drummer IGOR CAVALERA Quits SEPULTURA
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 13, 2006 18:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBM:

Exclusive: Drummer IGOR CAVALERA Quits SEPULTURA; ROY MAYORGA Steps In - Jan. 13, 2006

Drummer Igor Cavalera has left Brazilian thrashers SEPULTURA, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal. Replacing Igor on the band's upcoming European trek will be none other than former SOULFLY skinsman Roy Mayorga.

Mayorga, who has yet to rehearse with SEPULTURA, spent quite a bit of time jamming with SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser in preparation for the recently released "Roadrunner United: The All-Star Sessions" CD and the subsequent Roadrunner 25th anniversary concert, which took place last month in New York City.

When asked if his stint with SEPULTURA will extend itself beyond the band's upcoming trek, Mayorga told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that it's too early to tell, but indicated that he hoped to "ride it out for as long as" possible.

At press time, there has been no official word on what Igor's future plans are. However, what is known is that he is currently awaiting the birth of his fourth child — his first with his new girlfriend following a split with his wife of 10 years, Monika, in 2004.

SEPULTURA's European tour with IN FLAMES is scheduled to kick off March 12 in Oslo, Norway. The band's new album, "Dante XXI" (featuring Cavalera), is scheduled for release in North America on March 14 via SPV USA

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 13, 2006 22:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next steps will be, Paulo Jr. leaves Sepultura, replaced by Marcello D. Rapp, and Andreas Kisser leaves Sepultura, replaced by Logan Madder.

They've reached a point where I don't think that even the return of Max will save those guys. Did any of you listen to their new song? It's as horrible as anything post-Roots. The new album is so good even the founder of the band is not very excited about it. Hah.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 14, 2006 04:46     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually he's taking a break from touring. They updated that news on BBM. So he's not out of the band...yet.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 15, 2006 12:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's his second "break" from the band in less than six months, guidon. Do the math...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 15, 2006 14:01     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Save those guys"...?

Gimme a damn break!

Sepultura has been brilliant since Max left the band.
I gained more respect for them since i met Derrick on the Voivod tour.
That set...and the album...blew me away.

Since then they have only gotten better...which is far more progress than with all theyre Max years.

Dont get me wrong though. I am not a Max hater.
I think he needed to do what he is doing now.
Its really great music.

Long live the NEW Sepultura!

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 15, 2006 14:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
That's his second "break" from the band in less than six months, guidon. Do the math...

That's why I added the 'yet'.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 16, 2006 09:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
Dont get me wrong though. I am not a Max hater.

Hey, why don't you just go to www.maxhaters.com, won't you?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan