my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hrvatska Drivers License!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hrvatska Drivers License!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 11, 2006 15:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I now have my Croatian Drivers License!
This in itself is quite an adventure to get through.

I had to go to the MUP (Police) Doctors.
It is the procedure here for all Croatian Citizens and foreigners as well.
The whole process is this:

1. Office for Approval to see the Doctors

2. Office for Blood Tests. Had to pee in a cup & they checked my blood sugar levels. (I am fine.)

3. Nerological Psycology Office. This is to talk to a Psycologist to see if I have had any head traumas that would make me crazy.
(No, I am not crazy but everyone else is.)

4. Psycological Test Office. This is where I took a paper test to show that i am able to distinguish shapes and logical thinking problems.
The Doctor was a genuine nut case. Smiling & happy & talking slow.
I thought he would give me some happy pills at any moment. hehe.
(BTW...I passed the test with excellent results thus proving that i am smarter than everyone else here.)

5. Doctors Office for Physical Test. This was just questions about my health, diseases and stuff, and to take my blood pressure.
Also to check my motor reflexes, which are fine since i am a drummer anyways.

6. Vision Testing Office. They checked my eyesight which isnt good, but not horrible either. I still need to get glasses and will.
Due to my Eyesight problems, I am (like most people) on restriction.
Meaning, the Vision Test Approval is good for only 5 years & then i must get another one there.
I DO NOT have to wear glasses when i drive, so no restrictions on that...which is good. I hate glasses!

After all that...I was approved to go to another MUP (Police) building across town where they made my License & gave it to me.
For another fee of course.

My Croatian License says that I am approved to drive Cars, Tractors, Forklifts, and a TRAM! (City Trains...like the DART Train!) No shit!
I cant wait to drive my first Train!
Everyone better watch out because i will throw in some Motorhead on the CD player...and it will be one rockin, run-away Train!

I am so happy to have this Croatian License.
As you see...its much harder to get a License here than in the U.S. where they pass them out like candy to every Mexican invader to walk up.
Still though, it doesnt stop the most stupid from driving a car here.

Oh!...For NEW drivers, there is a whole other phase of all these tests.
They must all go to an approved Driving School.
This means one month of classes and at least 60 hours of actual driving with an instructor.
It is mandatory here. They are very strict about that.

Lucky for me...i have been driving since a baby...and didnt have to do all that.

Over-all...and this is not intended as disrespect to Amerikans...
European drivers are MUCH better drivers than there.
This is due to several factors, but the main ones being because of the harsher road conditions here and the strict testing.
But as i said already...it still doesnt stop the morons from somehow making it through the tests and getting a license.
Here in Croatia...the morons are the ones who drive Audi's.

So...

Everyone better run for cover!
There is a mad Texan loose on the roads!

(I have been legally driving here all this time with my IDL, but now have a National License.)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 12, 2006 07:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've sent a letter to the Croatian authorities requesting that they make you retake the psychological exam.

I want you on that tractor tomorrow boy!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 12, 2006 07:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
British drivers are better than Americans because we have Roundabouts, Corners, Manual Transmission and much lower levels of bovine growth hormones in our blood.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 13, 2006 16:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What in the world EKH?
That avatar is killing me.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 13, 2006 22:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The killer Muppets!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 14, 2006 09:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I've sent a letter to the Croatian authorities requesting that they make you retake the psychological exam.

I want you on that tractor tomorrow boy!!!

Hey Mez!...

I get to drive one of THESE!...

The Medvednica Mountains (Where i live) will never be the same.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 14, 2006 11:03     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Christ! All that evil black smoke coming out of the exhaust - its almost like the thing off RRROOOAAARRR!!! .

I want one.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted January 14, 2006 14:13     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
I now have my Croatian Drivers License!
This in itself is quite an adventure to get through.

I had to go to the MUP (Police) Doctors.
It is the procedure here for all Croatian Citizens and foreigners as well.
The whole process is this:

1. Office for Approval to see the Doctors

2. Office for Blood Tests. Had to pee in a cup & they checked my blood sugar levels. (I am fine.)

3. Nerological Psycology Office. This is to talk to a Psycologist to see if I have had any head traumas that would make me crazy.
(No, I am not crazy but everyone else is.)

4. Psycological Test Office. This is where I took a paper test to show that i am able to distinguish shapes and logical thinking problems.
The Doctor was a genuine nut case. Smiling & happy & talking slow.
I thought he would give me some happy pills at any moment. hehe.
(BTW...I passed the test with excellent results thus proving that i am smarter than everyone else here.)

5. Doctors Office for Physical Test. This was just questions about my health, diseases and stuff, and to take my blood pressure.
Also to check my motor reflexes, which are fine since i am a drummer anyways.

6. Vision Testing Office. They checked my eyesight which isnt good, but not horrible either. I still need to get glasses and will.
Due to my Eyesight problems, I am (like most people) on restriction.
Meaning, the Vision Test Approval is good for only 5 years & then i must get another one there.
I DO NOT have to wear glasses when i drive, so no restrictions on that...which is good. I hate glasses!

After all that...I was approved to go to another MUP (Police) building across town where they made my License & gave it to me.
For another fee of course.

My Croatian License says that I am approved to drive Cars, Tractors, Forklifts, and a TRAM! (City Trains...like the DART Train!) No shit!
I cant wait to drive my first Train!
Everyone better watch out because i will throw in some Motorhead on the CD player...and it will be one rockin, run-away Train!

I am so happy to have this Croatian License.
As you see...its much harder to get a License here than in the U.S. where they pass them out like candy to every Mexican invader to walk up.
Still though, it doesnt stop the most stupid from driving a car here.

Oh!...For NEW drivers, there is a whole other phase of all these tests.
They must all go to an approved Driving School.
This means one month of classes and at least 60 hours of actual driving with an instructor.
It is mandatory here. They are very strict about that.

Lucky for me...i have been driving since a baby...and didnt have to do all that.

Over-all...and this is not intended as disrespect to Amerikans...
European drivers are MUCH better drivers than there.
This is due to several factors, but the main ones being because of the harsher road conditions here and the strict testing.
But as i said already...it still doesnt stop the morons from somehow making it through the tests and getting a license.
Here in Croatia...the morons are the ones who drive Audi's.

So...

Everyone better run for cover!
There is a mad Texan loose on the roads!

(I have been legally driving here all this time with my IDL, but now have a National License.)

blah blah blah
What was wrong with your Mexican Drivers License taken in Ciudad Juarez or Nuevo Laredo cant remember? buuuu

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 15, 2006 14:28     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
People of the south...(anything south of Texas including south ameerikah)...get drivers licenses passed out to them like candy to children on haloween night.

It just proves that 90% of Amerikans...and ANYONE south of Texas couldnt drive theyre way out of a wet paper bag.

The best drivers on this planet have always been from this side of the world.

*Disclaimer*...I do not claim to be one of those "Best Drivers" myself.
I am better than many, but my environment (Texas) is what made me. So its not that great as compared to Europeans.
BUT!...Every single day of driving here is more experience.

(I now anxiously await a witty response from my old friend Slaytanic.)

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 16, 2006 00:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm confused. You are from Texas and live in Croatia? It's clear that you don't like Mexicans so you must be from Texas! Btw, I am part Mexican and drive like a Texan with a steer up my rear. Just the way y'all like it, right?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 16, 2006 09:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

=

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan