my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Glen Robinson: The "Incredible Hulk-producer!"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glen Robinson: The "Incredible Hulk-producer!"
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 08, 2006 06:36     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many of you out there are overly excited as I am to see that Glen Robinson has returned to produce the next Voivod album?

"Nothingface", imho, was the most innovative piece of music in the last 16 years of recording metal, or ANY music for that matter!

I know that the "purists" would beg to differ.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 08, 2006 07:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my hand is raised

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 08, 2006 08:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think its gonna play a HUGE difference in this recording. I totally agree with BC about Nothingface. It was their greatest work and by far the most mentally engaging metal album ever.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 08, 2006 12:44     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothingface is where Voivod as transcend metal. It's out of the box, pure art without compromised.

A producer could enhance a band or crap it out (St-Anger)...

Glen obviously took Voivod to a next level. Always good to have an another opinion of someone who see the forest rather than the trees.

I'll buy it the day it comes out.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 08, 2006 12:49     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Glen's best producing job was with Gwar's America Must Be Destroyed.
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted January 08, 2006 14:05     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glenn did some amazing work on the Nothingface album... it's still my favourite production wise.
The sound overall is very crisp and clean. The mix allows each band member their own 'space'. Never does the bass get lost amongst the guitar tracks... in fact I think it's the best recording of Blacky's blower bass (compare it to Angel Rat... you know what I mean.) If you have seen the DVOD1 dvd Musique Plus clips you can hear how true to the Voivod live sound Glenn was IMO.

It's fantastic that he's back on board

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 08, 2006 21:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*raising my sword*

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 08, 2006 23:14     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
up the irons! and the tea cup!
I just wish NF was LOUDER! maybe a nice re-master would do the trick.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 08, 2006 23:14     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
The mix allows each band member their own 'space'

Couldn't agree more! No one instrument overshadows the other...and might I add, it happened to be Away's best drum performance ever on record, imho of course!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 09, 2006 08:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*raises hand*
Me! Me! Me!

Nothingass kicks face!

Uh, you know what I mean...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan