my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Om BBM: VOIVOD: New Album To Include Bonus DVD - Jan. 7, 2006

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Om BBM: VOIVOD: New Album To Include Bonus DVD - Jan. 7, 2006
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 07, 2006 14:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD: New Album To Include Bonus DVD - Jan. 7, 2006

VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin has begun laying down tracks for the group's much-anticipated new album with producer Glen Robinson (VOIVOD's "Nothingface", TEA PARTY, GWAR) at Piccolo Studios in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The drummer recently started a blog about the studio work that includes studio updates, tidbits and photos. The following is Away's newest entry:

"Day 3 - January 6th, 2006, 5:45 p.m.: I just finished songs 5 and 6. Both were pretty hard to perform. Song 5 has a very strange break in the middle, then it jumps into a killer finale. Song 6 has a weird beat going on, with a cool spy part in the middle. Snake [vocals] pointed out that it's a great spot for electronic FX. I agree.

"Snake and I had a good chat with our management about filming the sessions this weekend, to be released as a bonus DVD with the new album.

"I just saw the wife of the injured miner on TV. She said she is playing METALLICA's black album in the hospital room. It made me think of Jason [Newsted, VOIVOD/ex-METALLICA bassist]. I can't wait for him to hear the drums and all... So far it sounds epic.

"11:00 p.m.: Just got back from the studio. I think I nailed number 7, another spaced-out Piggy track, with lots of double kick. It's what Piggy and I used to call a pyramidal song: a series of riffs that peek in the middle and then the same riffs in reverse order. I'll listen to it with a fresh ear first thing tomorrow."

This is the first album in the band’s 20+ year career that will not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. D'Amour died August 26, 2005 in a Montreal hospital from complications of advanced colon cancer.

In order to record the album Away — along with singer Denis "Snake" Belanger and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted — are utilizing all of the guitar parts that Piggy had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death.

VOIVOD's as-yet-untitled new album should surface sometime later this year on The End Records in North America.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted January 07, 2006 17:53     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Enfin... or, may I say; Finally !
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 07, 2006 20:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this just keeps getting better and better

thanx for the update

--------------------

yawn

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted January 07, 2006 22:09     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
this just keeps getting better and better

thanx for the update

seconded!

this is great

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 08, 2006 01:04     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BRING IT ON!!!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 08, 2006 13:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, i cant wait!

J'me peux pus! viarge!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 09, 2006 08:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Man, i cant wait!

J'me peux pus! viarge!

"Tit-homme, ca'me-toé!"

This is going to be awesome!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan