my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD studio blog (by Away) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD studio blog (by Away)
CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted January 05, 2006 17:14     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news for fans!

VOIVOD drummer keeping daily studio blog

VOIVOD drummer Michel ‘Away’ Langevin has commenced work on drum tracks for the forthcoming studio album with producer Glen Robinson (Voivod’s ‘Nothingface,’ Tea Party, GWAR) at Piccolo Studios in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The drummer recently started a blog about the studio work that will include studio updates, tidbits and photos. Away will update the blog on a frequent basis. The direct link can be found here:
http://www.theendrecords.com/label_new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=218&Itemid=255

This is the first album in the band’s 20+ year career that will not feature founding guitarist Denis ‘Piggy’ D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. D’Amour died Aug. 26th, 2005 in a Montreal hospital from complications of advanced colon cancer.

In order to record the album Away – along with singer Denis ‘Snake’ Belanger and bassist Jason ‘Jasonic’ Newsted - are utilizing all of the guitar parts that ‘Piggy’ had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death.

VOIVOD’s much-anticipated, still untitled album should surface sometime later this year on The End Records in North America.

More info: www.voivod.com | www.voivod.net | www.voivodfan.com

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 05, 2006 17:21     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah! That's very cool!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2006 17:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is going to be GREAT!!!!

It's always cool when the band make you feel like you are a fly on the wall during the sessions. This will make waiting for the new album more exciting and easier.

thanks AWAY

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 05, 2006 17:53     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool... Thanks for the update man.

I hope the acoustic stuff still surfaces too. When a guitarist hits the nylons, thats the true essence.

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted January 05, 2006 18:44     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yay! this is very cool especially considering that i'm horribly impatient
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 05, 2006 22:56     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
At least it sounds HEAVY as hell ! Glen is still a fantastic producer.

YES!!!! Glen Robinson...you da man!! Nothingface on steroids....here we come!!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 06, 2006 00:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Right now, I'm tracking with scratch vocals recorded in Piggy's bathroom !"

i love this additional info's

Good idea, keep it coming. Have the link by my favorites already.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 06, 2006 04:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool. Cheers for posting the info.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 06, 2006 07:51     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool read.

Gretsch drums? A+. Gretsch *anything* makes me happy.

On another note, I'm really hoping this next one contains Piggy solos and fractured time sigs and cool psychedelia. Just my 2 cents. I'm looking forward to it either way!

CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted January 06, 2006 10:58     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gonna be cool to see these updates - especially once they get into a groove with things...

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 06, 2006 20:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that blog has been updated again by Away.
IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 06, 2006 23:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.theendrecords.com/label_new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=247&Itemid=49

Any case anybody missed it........

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 07, 2006 04:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WAY TO GO!!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 07, 2006 08:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read that my alltime favorite female artist Celine Dion has recorded at the Piccolo studios also.....

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 07, 2006 13:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry Hex i could eat her guts. F*ing Wh**re.

The new blog is out. Check it out.

"Snake and I had a good chat with our management about filming the sessions this week-end, to be released as a bonus DVD with the new album. "

Fuck yeah......

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 09, 2006 09:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Song 6 has a weird beat going on, with a cool spy part in the middle. Snake pointed out that it's a great spot for electronic FX. I agree."

This got me excited like a little girly.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 11, 2006 13:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did it stop ???
Why did it stop ??

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 11, 2006 16:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It didn't...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 11, 2006 16:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake has another entry...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 11, 2006 18:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm much more excited this time around. That blog is way better than Jason's "keep it metal" rhetoric of 3 years ago.
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 11, 2006 19:13     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeezus!

Just got back from the studio... People, the next album's gonna be a f*****g killer! Man! As always, Piggy's guitar playing is absolutely masterful with lots of colours. They were right those guys from Voïvod: it's a real Voïvod album. And really heavy! A BIG wall of sound: there's no place left for a flute.

Can't say more. But, honest to gods, EVERYBODY's gonna like it! As usual, Glen does a fantastic job. You know this guy's tall... really tall, like, 6'7", something like that. A nice person.

Again, NOBODY'S GONNA BE DISAPOINTED!

My pics are for tomorrow.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2006 20:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO FLUTE?

what's a Voivod album without some flute?

I'm bummed

I don't know what's worse, not hearing much news at all like last time or daily reports that leave us all drooling. I have no doubt we will not be dissaponted (even if there is no room for some flute)

how about a little piccalo

can't wait to see those pics

PIGGY LIVES

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 11, 2006 21:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6' 7"?!?
Sheesh. How does he fit in the studio?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 11, 2006 22:23     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glen has his own website - under construction... Good time to put it in your bookmarks!

GLEN ROBINSON Web site

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted January 11, 2006 23:04     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Halaine Poe, not 6'7 but 6'8 !!

Petite confidences... Do you know that, Glen's nickname is ........ Snake

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan