my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Check this out!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Check this out!
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 01, 2006 20:49     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
superb live pictures of Voivod with Gilles Brisebois --> HERE

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...ą součre c'est Voļvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 02, 2006 10:25     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh. That kind of brings to mind this:

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 02, 2006 17:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha!

That's the dude that played with the Beatles for a couple of gigs in Asia (or was it Australia?), around '64, because Ringo was sick and couldn't make it. Can't remember the guy's name, though.

Thanks Vacarmes for the pics! Which era are they from? Angel Rat, I suppose?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 02, 2006 21:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those were great photos. When and where were they taken?

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 02, 2006 21:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Rat?? I'm thinking Outer Limits.....I thought they only did like two shows for AR and then went out peddling at a truck stop to get a ride home when the van broke down.....
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 03, 2006 08:45     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
Hahaha!

That's the dude that played with the Beatles for a couple of gigs in Asia (or was it Australia?), around '64, because Ringo was sick and couldn't make it. Can't remember the guy's name, though.

Jimmy Nicol

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 03, 2006 09:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Angel Rat?? I'm thinking Outer Limits.....I thought they only did like two shows for AR and then went out peddling at a truck stop to get a ride home when the van broke down.....

I am now at work. Reading this i think i will be watching Freedoom tonight (again).

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 03, 2006 23:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Jimmy Nicol

Jimmy Nicol! Thanks, Monkeyman!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 03, 2006 23:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I'm thinking Outer Limits.....

I think you're right. Looking better at the pics, Piggy had that horrible haircut + the awesome Ibanez!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 03, 2006 23:12     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Heh. That kind of brings to mind this:

Is this for real? I never knew they had a replacement drummer. Learn something new here at voivodfan.com every 6 months!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 04, 2006 08:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Learn something new here at voivodfan.com every 6 months!

Hahaha, err...

And what's with Voivod and the Beatles these days?

(Oh and happy new year!!!)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan