my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD DVD only in zone 1 !!!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD DVD only in zone 1 !!!!!!!
Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 28, 2005 08:49     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck !!!!!!
Is it only available in zone 1 ??????
Why ??????

--------------------

My sky is black today

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 28, 2005 15:08     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with what Hex said.

I too, am happy for a Voivod DVD.
After all...how many years (or months) was I asking Voivod for a DVD?
Now...we will get THREE! Kickass!

A big Thank You to everyone involved with this.

So...when is the #2 (Eric Forest) one coming out?
Love that era of Voivod too.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 28, 2005 15:24     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you can rip it to your computer and take off the region enconding too.

Some DVD players also have "hacks" that remove region encoding.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 28, 2005 18:29     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found an 'all region' crack for my ultra-cheap DVD player by looking for one on Google.

It's not hard, just go into the setup and type some numbers and arrows in, like some fuckin' old school Sega cheat. Hey presto, all regions!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 28, 2005 18:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can always 'Virtual-Dub' it. Actually there a few programs out there that will let you manipulate the .vob files after they are on your drive, then you can convert it to PAL @ 24fps and still keep the .vob format, that way you could burn a new dvd titles/menu and all. Providing you have a dvd burner.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 28, 2005 23:28     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
You can always 'Virtual-Dub' it. Actually there a few programs out there that will let you manipulate the .vob files after they are on your drive, then you can convert it to PAL @ 24fps and still keep the .vob format, that way you could burn a new dvd titles/menu and all. Providing you have a dvd burner.

Yea, they don't cost too much, $50 American here.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 29, 2005 00:55     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

Eh?
PAL?.vob? erm, eh, what? What region is the Southwest USA? Why the hell do companies use regions anyway? Is it necessary? Shall I post in every thread with questions only?
Nevermind, I don't own the dvd so I will stop bitching. Carry on.....

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 29, 2005 08:33     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I know I can buy a free zone Dvd player but fuck why only in zone 1 !!!!
Most of the musical DVD are in zone 0 !
It get on my nerves !!!!! That's all !!!!

So I will download it on soulseek and fuck the royalties !!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 29, 2005 08:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:

Nevermind, I don't own the dvd so I will stop bitching. Carry on.....

??? ???
Shame on you for not owning this yet! Perhaps you need a Happy New 2 0 0 6 present then.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 29, 2005 10:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Korgul:

What's the word i'm looking for... uhm.... oh yah... "cunt".

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 29, 2005 13:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Impeccable logic here...and you call yourself a fan? Go ahead, steal the DVD instead of buying it. It's too much to ask for even a devoted fan to buy a decent DVD player (you could buy a used one for fucking pebbles). Damn Voivod, never thinking of their fans. They certainly don't deserve your money...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 29, 2005 15:35     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
??? ???
Shame on you for not owning this yet! Perhaps you need a Happy New 2 0 0 6 present then.

I second that ??? ???

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 29, 2005 15:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never ever downloaded music from internet that i really wanted to have. I buy everything that i want to have. Original, nice cd's. I have some copied cd's but when i really like them i go oout and buy it. Simle as that. Not very expansive when you stick to certain bands...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 29, 2005 22:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I doubt the dvd being only region 1 has much to do with the band, I should imagine they have plenty of other things to worry about already. It's probably more to do with the dvd company so don't take it out on the band.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 30, 2005 01:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Whoa, ease up on the meth buddy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 30, 2005 02:33     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
??? ???

Where do I but the thing? I didn't know it was out!!

I hope my dvd player can play it when I do get my pres...er, when i buy it, not steal it!
"Fuck the loyalties"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted December 30, 2005 03:18     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
unbelievable, and that's a "Voivodfan"

*cry* I'm still waiting of my DVOD since 5 weeks, the new day of delivery is 01.02.06!!!!! *cry*

well, i wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 30, 2005 04:47     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you bought or buy the D-Vod1 dvd, need it de-regioned, do not have a dvd burner, and can provide me with proof, I will personally burn you a de-regioned copy from my own.

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 30, 2005 07:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My copy is region 0. I thought they all were.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 30, 2005 07:10     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup. Mine's a 0 as well.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 30, 2005 07:11     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My copy also says "0".
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 30, 2005 08:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine too

--------------------

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 30, 2005 08:28     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I doubt the dvd being only region 1 has much to do with the band, I should imagine they have plenty of other things to worry about already. It's probably more to do with the dvd company so don't take it out on the band.

OK Ok you're totally right !
I was a too much irritated yesterday and that not VOIVOD's fault !

Most of you are right I talked like a motherfucking bastard (is that enough ?) and I'm not proud of it !
May the VOIVOD fans forgive me !!

And sorry to annoy you with all that !

I finally search better and there is a region 0 available it seems !

Thanks

--------------------

My sky is black today

Storm
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 738

posted December 30, 2005 09:15     Profile for Storm   Email Storm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My copy is also region 0.
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted January 20, 2006 03:59     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine is without any code

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan