my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Raven/VoiVod Controversy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Raven/VoiVod Controversy
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 19, 2005 12:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is disturbing folks:

"Piggy's [VOIVOD guitarist] passing was sad," Gallagher wrote. "I did hear they were RAVEN fans but heard it in a crappy way — we were trying to get an opening slot on a tour — (any tour!) back in 1989 and we were up for what became the VOIVOD/SOUNDGARDEN/FAITH NO MORE tour. We were told that VOIVOD's stance was, 'We like RAVEN but they are not cool anymore.' Of course, I heard this third-hand and will take the high road..."

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 19, 2005 12:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah....Hey, Living Evil, let's keep both going and see who's thread gets the most posts.........I'm ahead of you now by one!!
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 19, 2005 12:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah well mine has more details
IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 19, 2005 12:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
yeah well mine has more details

No, yours is gone. It doesnt always have to be you who copy/paste stuff from bbmouth on a daily basis. Let the mezster have his moment.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 19, 2005 12:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha....Skul again proves his moderatorship.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 19, 2005 16:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
censorship?
well i figured the more popular person was gonna take this one and i know damn well it wasnt me but that was pretty shitty trashing mine.it was posted first but also it would of just died away on it's own.
thanks for all the love though.
also dont know why your saying i copy/paste stuff on a daily basis when i havent posted here in a long time and with this kind of support i guess i should just stop posting at all.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 19, 2005 16:08       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you should change this thread to the censorship thread.cause if you aint in the "circle of friends" you stand the chance of getting your post pulled.even if it aint about anything important
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2005 16:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If 1989 was the year Raven was signed to Atlantic and put out that piece of crap record with horns and what not (what was the title 'the pack is back' or something), then unfortunately "they weren't cool anymore". Life's a Bitch was cool and Nothing Exceeds Like Excees kicked ass also, not to mention the early classicks.

Raven feel prey to the corpoarte $$$ just like Savatage did on Fight For The Rock... another slab of wasted vinyl from a great band who got intimidated by Atlantic and told what to write. Luckily they went back to their signayure style after that miserable attempt and went on the release lots of excellent metal records.

--------------------

yawn

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted December 19, 2005 16:35     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
censorship?
well i figured the more popular person was gonna take this one and i know damn well it wasnt me but that was pretty shitty trashing mine.it was posted first but also it would of just died away on it's own.
thanks for all the love though.
also dont know why your saying i copy/paste stuff on a daily basis when i havent posted here in a long time and with this kind of support i guess i should just stop posting at all.

aww dont stop posting

i still luv ya

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 19, 2005 16:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just have Wiped out or something like that. Does it have a song on it : "live at the inferno"? Great album, i played it a lot. Since my pickup died, i haven't heard it anymore.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 19, 2005 17:12     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha. well, they WERENT cool anymore by then. duh.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 19, 2005 17:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
you should change this thread to the censorship thread.cause if you aint in the "circle of friends" you stand the chance of getting your post pulled.even if it aint about anything important

Settle down.

There was two threads with the same content, so i removed one. Big fucking deal. Couldve been Mez's. I just saw yours first.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 19, 2005 17:37       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah right,i believe ya

don't see why anyone needed to be removed.

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted December 19, 2005 18:05     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod/Soundgarden/Raven?

Thank God that didn't happen...

Fuck Raven and their stupid hockey playing drummer.

Living Evil - anyone who has the Accused as their pic is cool in my book, for what it's worth....

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted December 19, 2005 21:50     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raven weren't even cool in '85! I saw them headline over Metallica in '83 on their first tour. Both were good, Metallica better. Kill 'Em All wasn't even out yet. Then headline over Anthrax in '84, with Neil Turbin still stinging. Anthrax better. Then headline over Tank in '85, Tank better. Anyone see a pattern here?!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 20, 2005 10:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Dude...this was really not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 20, 2005 13:42     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dig the "ON and On" video from RAVEN ... over the top 80's video are really cool.

Raven turned more cock rock but they are part of the metal history

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 20, 2005 14:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dont worry,i aint losing any sleep over this.I've gotten more private messages supporting me than anything else so alot of good came out of it.
It just happened to come on a bad week for me with money already being tight and my wife getting let go after 15 years of hard work for this company.
it was just shitty how it was handled.i wont be going into any big discussion about it.I know most people here are very cool, even if some moderators aint.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 20, 2005 14:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, if it makes you feel any better just about every one of my threads at the Necrophagist forum have been deleted by the moderator. Death metallers don't have much of a sense of humor.

Sorry bout your wife's job. This is a really bad time to lose your employment.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 20, 2005 16:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LE,

Sorry about your wife. It truly sucks that something like that comes down this week especially. But you dont have to take your venom out on me, either. No harm intended.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 20, 2005 18:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn LE... if that ain't a shitty thing to have happen... sorry to hear about the misfortune. Hopefully the new Deep Purple I sent ya the other will bring a smile to your ears and a bounce in your step.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 20, 2005 19:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LE, sorry about you troubles. that sucks, bro.

oh yeah:

Dear Raven,

You thought you could play on the same stage with Faith No More and Soundgarden.
Ha Ha.

Love,

Really Amused.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 20, 2005 19:13       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thnx everyone for the kind thoughts but it seems she may get to keep her job.she just has to move to a different department now and she may have to relocate in a few months,which is fine by me.I hate Ohio and cant wait to get out of here.
Thnx also Schroeder for the tunes.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 20, 2005 21:41     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey living evil...if it's of any importance to you, and I'm sure it is...I'm getting the short end of the stick over at the Accused site as well...seems my responses about the 3 disc boxset being offered for $30 bucks isn't very popular. infact, my responses don't even go to the top of the page anymore, they seem to go even lower on the page now!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 20, 2005 22:14       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah dont worry about it.that boxset aint that great and i can get you a copy for free.i also know that Blaine plans to release some much better Accused stuff very soon.
ever since Tommy took over the board it's become a sad place of negative shit anyway.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan