my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD contest

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod DVD contest
voivodcontest
VoivodFan
Member # 731

posted December 18, 2005 14:18     Profile for voivodcontest   Email voivodcontest     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The fine folks at MVD are offering copies of the Voivod "DVOD-1" DVD, free to 3 entrants. Check out the details here: http://www.anus.com/metal/about/contest/
(thanks to anus.com for the free promo space)

There's no catch, no BS, we just want to promote the release to the fans. All you need to do is email in your name and mailing address to get something for nothing! Spread the word, and maybe we'll make the next 2 Voivod releases available this way too!

Thanks and good luck!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 18, 2005 17:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok then... Like I'm gonna give my fucking addy to the uhh... "fine folks" at Anus.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 18, 2005 20:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice Voivod links on that page. well done.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 18, 2005 21:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Credibility = 0
voivodcontest
VoivodFan
Member # 731

posted December 18, 2005 21:39     Profile for voivodcontest   Email voivodcontest     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is on behalf of MVD, the guys at anus.com offered to co-host this. If you don't want to participate, suit yourself. We're here to raise interest and support a good band, simple as that.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 18, 2005 21:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's the affiliation with Anus that kills it. We've encontered problems with them in the past.
voivodcontest
VoivodFan
Member # 731

posted December 18, 2005 21:57     Profile for voivodcontest   Email voivodcontest     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, well if it makes you feel better you can enter directly at metalcontest@gmail.com
anus.com isn't mailing anything or collecting information. They were one of the few metal sites we approached who actually responded to us about hosting giveaways (they were involved in a successful Samhain DVD giveaway last month). So regardless of where we posted the contest details, everyone is still invited to enter. Thanks.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 18, 2005 22:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
nice Voivod links on that page. well done.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 19, 2005 15:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'd like to win one of those dvds
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 19, 2005 15:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cant NIA. it's US only. awwwwwwww.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2005 16:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've had lots of entertaining hours thanks to the anus.com site.

I think it's a cool idea and for those who frequent the site but don't know about Voivod, it's certainly a great way to spread the word. I'm sure most people on this forum already have the dvd, since we have been waiting and drooling for it for years. That's why I didn't enter.

thumbs up to anus.com for the support... it would have been nice to see a link to voivodfan.com since it's still the coolest and most informative VV place on the net.

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 19, 2005 16:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

PFFFTTTTT. FINE. WHATEVER.

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 19, 2005 22:14     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
it would have been nice to see a link to voivodfan.com since it's still the coolest and most informative VV place on the net.

Thumbs Up

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

voivodcontest
VoivodFan
Member # 731

posted December 20, 2005 01:08     Profile for voivodcontest   Email voivodcontest     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Yes, US residents only. Sorry, it's a question of distribution channels, and the ones we're offering are region 1 only anyway. Thanks.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 20, 2005 09:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by voivodcontest:
Yes, US residents only.

Very thoughtful. Especially when you know that Voivod is a CANADIAN band.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 20, 2005 09:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by voivodcontest:
Yes, US residents only. Sorry, it's a question of distribution channels, and the ones we're offering are region 1 only anyway. Thanks.

excuse me, where do you think canada is??? canada is DIRECTLY NORTH OF YOU. why would it be anything other than region 1, the same as the US?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 20, 2005 09:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unlike in the U.S., most DVD players here in Europe (Croatia anyways) will play NTSC format also.
It would only cost a few dollars more to ship to somewhere else in the world.

On the other hand, i can see where conflicts might arise and thus the decision for U.S. only.
But to leave Canada off is strange...and for Canadians somewhat insulting.
Sorry Canada. Have some Molson and Donuts instead.

NIA...I can send you an ELO DVD instead if you like.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 20, 2005 10:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
because of legalities US contests are never open to canadians, so i'm not insulted in the least. (and btw kula, molson is owned by coors now but i'll take that elo dvd, i need a coaster)
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted December 20, 2005 11:05     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And we must not forget: there's another law for contests that apply ONLY in Quebec. Anybody in Canada can't play and win there and this/that - but not here...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 20, 2005 11:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's because quebec = fascist state where you can only access what politicans want you to have. "vive quebec libre" pffftttt.

oh yeah, i went there! haha!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 20, 2005 11:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops. sorry hex.
voivodcontest
VoivodFan
Member # 731

posted December 20, 2005 16:42     Profile for voivodcontest   Email voivodcontest     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

On the other hand, i can see where conflicts might arise and thus the decision for U.S. only.
But to leave Canada off is strange...and for Canadians somewhat insulting.

It has everything to do with distribution deals and licensing. No offense intended.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 21, 2005 11:28     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well. I am an Amerikan who now lives in Croatia.
No chance of getting that here anyways.
I was lucky enough to find a copy at the Virgin Megastore in Dallas when i was there in October.

Sure is a great DVD.
Watching Piggy in the studio is amazing.
Now I cant wait for the Eric Forest era to come out!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan