my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Piggy's gear in 1992

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Piggy's gear in 1992
philippe michon
VoivodFan
Member # 707

posted December 13, 2005 11:22     Profile for philippe michon   Email philippe michon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Guitar Player March 1992

Denis'main guitar is a Liberatore(made in Montreal), a Strat-like solidbody with a through-body maple neck, a rosewood finger-board, a two-piece alder body, an Ibanez tremolo, a DiMarzio Distortion humbucker in the lead position, and an Ibanez Roadstar's single coil in the rhythm spot. He runs his signal into a Marshall 9000 preamp that feeds the effects loop returns on his modified Marshall JCM 800 heads, bypassing everything but their power amplifiers. These drive a pair of Marshall 4X12 slant-front cabinets. His effects include two Yamaha SPX90s, a DigiTech IPS-33B Intelligent Pitch Shifter, and an old Ibanez DM-1100 digital delay(«a real dinosaur, but it really does great chorusing»). To control his effects, he built a pedalboard using the housings and switches from demolished Boss pedals. A cable runs from the pedalboard to his rack, and he turns everythings on and off at the stomp of a foot.
«I try not use too much overdrive, so you can hear chords well. I set the preamp's presence full, and get plenty of distortion for my taste. If I play a solo, I hit the overdrive pedal to get more sustain and tone.»

--------------------

Voïvod!!!!! I'm a crazy god!!!

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 14, 2005 08:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool. Thanks for that. I remember some of those old Boss pedals he used. One was named "naser" and the logo looked just like it was supposed to be there - a Boss Naser peadl.
 |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan