my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 25 years ago tonight

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 25 years ago tonight
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 08, 2005 13:19     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

RIP

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 08, 2005 13:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know what i thought?

where will our thoughts be 25 years from now on 26th august?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted December 08, 2005 22:26     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be thinking of Piggy. And where I left my teeth, since I'll be 71 years old!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 08, 2005 22:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP John Lennon. I doubt there will ever be another artist as relevant as he and the Beatles were.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2005 00:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nicely put Slaytanic, Sir.
RIP John & Piggy...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 09, 2005 02:09     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember sitting with my mom watching the news updates and when it was announced that he passed away we both cried. "Imagine" is on the radio now.
A sad day and if I remember correctly it was monday night and football was on the tube and Howard Cosell announced Lennon's passing.
RIP John

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 10, 2005 22:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YOu indeed remember correctly Slugg...

I was at my Dads apartment when I heard the news. I went out and purchased The Beatles: Rock and Roll Music Volume 1. It was the only one I could afford that day and I still have it. As a matter of fact it's my only Beatles vinyl album I have ever owned. I do have a bunch of the cds now however.

Truely a sad day in music history.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 11, 2005 05:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Beatles were the "coolest" boy-band of their time, and our time. Not only were they all capable of singing lead vocals and harmonies, but they also could "play" their own instruments as well.

What actually sucks is that nobody seemed to mention George's anniversary of his own death back on Nov 30.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan