my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DIMEBAG's Family To Sue Columbus Club Over Deadly Shooting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DIMEBAG's Family To Sue Columbus Club Over Deadly Shooting
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 05:56       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DIMEBAG's Family To Sue Columbus Club Over Deadly Shooting: Video Available - Dec. 7, 2005

Kevin Landers of Columbus, Ohio's WBNS-10TV has issued the following report:

A lawsuit is now expected to be filed, one year after a shooting spree at a north Columbus bar.

December 8th, 2004, Nathan Gale jumped on stage at the Alrosa Villa nightclub on Sinclair Road and opened fire.

He killed four people before a police officer killed him.

Now the club's owner is the target of a civil lawsuit expected to be filed Thursday.

The attorney filing the suit told 10TV he intends to prove that if the nightclub's owner had hired trained security guards, innocent victims would be alive today.

A night of heavy metal music turned into a night of terror when Nathan Gale got onto the stage with a loaded gun and began firing.

Four people were killed, including Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott of the band DAMAGEPLAN. Abbott's family, along with two other people injured by flying bullets, are suing the bar's owner.

Details of the lawsuit, obtained by 10TV, blame a lack of security for the bloodshed. Among the allegations: security at the bar was inept. Security guards identified Gale as a trespasser hours before the concert and failed to intervene. Overall, security was lacking according to the lawsuit, which also noted the bar had no metal detectors.

The lawsuit seeks monetary damages in excess of $25,000. The Alrosa's owner was not available for comment Wednesday. In earlier interviews, Rick Cautela admitted his security force wasn't prepared to stop a man bent on killing.

"My security guards aren't supposed to stop a bullet. They get paid 10 to 12 dollars and hour. They aren't paid to take a bullet," Cautela told 10TV last June.

Watch the WBNS-10TV report at this location [NOTE: Video includes actual footage of the Dec. 8, 2004 shooting at the Alrosa Villa].

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 05:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this really sucks because this is a great club that brings in alot of great bands and this will put it out of business and it's not like they need any money.
HOTH SYSTEM
VoivodFan
Member # 723

posted December 08, 2005 07:01     Profile for HOTH SYSTEM   Email HOTH SYSTEM     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, at least now Dimebag and Piggy can have a spiritual jam session together - imagine how good that would be! No doubt Cliff would be there to provide bass duties! Sh*t - I'm thinking about killing myself just to see those guys together...

--------------------

RIP Piggy

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 07:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no offense but Dimebag isnt anywhere near the artist Piggy was.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 08, 2005 07:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Comparing Dime with Piggy is unfair to both of 'em. It's apples and oranges.

Amazing that its already been a year. Wow. It just flew by didnt it.

HOTH SYSTEM
VoivodFan
Member # 723

posted December 08, 2005 09:22     Profile for HOTH SYSTEM   Email HOTH SYSTEM     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I personally prefer Piggy as a guitar player, but I have a lot of respect for Dimebag - both were truely unique - no-one else sounded like them. But in the 80's and 90's Piggy's style was WAY beyond what was going on in metal - playing weird, distorted chords and using mad effects. Put it this way - has anyone ever done a search on the internet for VoiVod guitar tabs?? There's bugger all there, I reckon largely due to no-one being able to work out what the guy was playing! (see also guitar tabs for ATHEIST - they don't exist!). Dimebag's stuff, however, is usually pretty easy to figure out, awesome though it is.

--------------------

RIP Piggy

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 12:31       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am sure that the owner of that club is haunted everyday over this. I am sure he goes over in his head a million times what he could have done to avoid it. The fact is that almost every club on this planet could have had the same thing happen. It is all done on a very tight budget. Trying to get the kind of security that would keep something like this from happening would put every club out of business.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 08, 2005 12:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree with you. even if the US had the same kind of controls on guns that we have in Canada, this guy would have found a way to make it happen.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 13:35       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn,thats a whole other issue having gun control in the US but i dont think it will ever happen.there's too many people that think they need that right to defend themselves and there's too many cops that aint doing the job there paid to do,so people have to defend themselves.
it would be cool to have some kind of control so the criminals couldnt get guns so easily but there's too much money involved in it.
When it comes down to it money talks and if a few people die they really dont care as long as they still get to make there money.
The US is about making money .everything else comes second.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 13:56       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well having been in clubs that had a shitload of security i know it doesnt help those clubs much.like a certain club i was in in Alaska.they had a lot of large dumb looking security all over the place giving stupid looks too all of the fans that came to see the bands.That kind of shit doesnt help the club out any.
Those security idiots where just waiting for a reason to pound someone.that to me is not the type of security i want to see at any club because if they aint into the music scene that's playing that night then they tend to treat the fans there like shit even if those fans arent causing any trouble.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 08, 2005 22:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
even if the US had the same kind of controls on guns that we have in Canada, this guy would have found a way to make it happen.

Probably, but this would also probably not have happened inside the club.

Anyway, I'm just playin' devil's advocate here. I don't see the point of this lawsuit. Working on a court makes me see that these kind of lawsuits serve for nothing else than prolonguing the pain of everybody involved. Money is the least important thing here.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 09, 2005 08:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is totally stupid of the family to attempt this. What the hell could they possibly gain from this?? Yes, prolonging everyone's misery....right you are Slay.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan