my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Meeting People Online (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Meeting People Online
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 06, 2005 15:39     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the MySpace Safety Tips page:

quote:
While it’s fun to meet new people online, always remember that the friends you make online should NEVER replace people you know and are friends with in real life. No matter how often you have chatted with someone or how much you think you know about them, you never really know who you are chatting with online. That cute 21 year old guy may not be cute, may not be 21 and may not be a guy!

Ok. So, Mez...

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 06, 2005 16:59     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With the exception of Luna, slugbutt and the folks that particpated in "Vacationing Voivod Style Part III - Seattle", I'm sorry to say that I can no longer be your friend .....I guess.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 06, 2005 17:27     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"While it’s fun to meet new people online, always remember that the friends you make online should NEVER replace people you know and are friends with in real life"

i know about a dozen people in real life id replace with internet folks in a heartbeat, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 07, 2005 01:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
From the MySpace Safety Tips page:

Ok. So, Mez...

Yeah, don't let this get passed around...cause I'm telling'em all I'm cute, 21, and have an athletic body....

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 07, 2005 01:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yeah, don't let this get passed around...cause I'm telling'em all I'm cute, 21, and have an athletic body....

Yeah? Well then I'm 6'3", have perfect teeth, do Karate and...and I have a todger like a baby's forearm!

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 07, 2005 04:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn!

Bye then Meg

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 07, 2005 07:39     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm all right, then, because everybody knows I'm really 37 years old, bald and living in Saxony.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 07, 2005 08:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
While it’s fun to meet new people online, always remember that the friends you make online should NEVER replace people you know and are friends with in real life. No matter how often you have chatted with someone or how much you think you know about them, you never really know who you are chatting with online. That cute 21 year old guy may not be cute, may not be 21 and may not be a guy!

Thanks for ruining my life, Evelyn. All the magic is gone. What next, will you try to convince me Santa Claus doesn't exist???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 07, 2005 14:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That means Tom Araya is not really my friend?

Too bad, he was nice. He had a brazilian accent and liked my ass.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 07, 2005 17:45     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all the voivodfans i have met have been freaks!!!!!!!!!! ...but it takes one to know one, heh heh.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 07, 2005 18:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you nia for not referring to me as a "voivodian".
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 07, 2005 18:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
I'm all right, then, because everybody knows I'm really 37 years old, bald and living in Saxony.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 07, 2005 19:56     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what's the guideline for turning online friends into "people you know and are friends with in real life"? I've met (in person) a fair number of my online friends at this point, and I would hate to think I broke the rules of etiquette for said procedure.

Does it say anything about gathering in small groups with large quantities of beer? If so, I guess we did it right.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 07, 2005 22:30     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Does it say anything about gathering in small groups with large quantities of beer?

Speaking of which Meg, don't you remember at our last gathering when X-D's wife was saying how absurd it was to actually think you were talking to the "real" person behind the keyboard? I know I have nothing to hide, and I certainly don't try to be something that I'm not. I take it that others here are the same way. I'm also not trying to impress anybody here, because that's not who I am. So yeah, I'm assuming that I'm talking to the real deal on this forum at least 1% of the time!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 08, 2005 07:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but the majority of my "real life" friends are stupid assholes who have lousy taste in music.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 08, 2005 12:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
but the majority of my "real life" friends are stupid assholes who have lousy taste in music.

Dear Dog, schroeder...want us to beat them up too? haha.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 08, 2005 12:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey luna, weird coincidence, the other night i was talking to eric galy about your recent real life meeting.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 08, 2005 13:02     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am quite literally a delightful Capuchin Monkey. The shrieking, poo-chucking... that's me.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 08, 2005 13:07     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man I don't have any real friends thats why I got the internet

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 08, 2005 13:24     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i don't get that ekh, cause you're much cuter in real life.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 10, 2005 22:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

He may be cuter, but is he just as funny in person as he is online?

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 10, 2005 23:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
He may be cuter, but is he just as funny in person as he is online?

he is! he's a charmer, that one. dangerous!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 11, 2005 00:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
hey luna, weird coincidence, the other night i was talking to eric galy about your recent real life meeting.

Cool. I was wearing a Voivod shirt at the Cryptopsy/Suffocation show, and Eric showed me the tattoo on his leg. I took a photo, it's posted on another thread. I remembered you asking him if he was touring with Cryptopsy, so I sorta guessed that merch guy might be ericTHEpinch...

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 11, 2005 05:04     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna...please don't hate me about the last chat w/HV...sheesh! I still luv U!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 11, 2005 05:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Fuck. When a woman calls you cute she is saying 'you do not have a penis'. Mind you, it's Nia talking here... maybe I can get in through the out door?

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan