my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone else just at the ATP festival? ...Very metal wasn't it????

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else just at the ATP festival? ...Very metal wasn't it????
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 06, 2005 10:29     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mars Volta (they curated it.) put together an amazing line up!

The Fucking Champs
Mastodon
High on Fire
Hella

...At the heavy end

And no end of great leftfield indie acts.
'Les Savy Fav' being about the best act that were new to me.

I can't believe I was the only VVF forum reader there, and I got my 'vod tshirt acknowledged a couple of times. Was that you?

though my hero, Holger Czukay of "Can" pulled out at the last minute. Still an amazing event - still on a high from it

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 06, 2005 11:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I wish I could have gone to this. Couldn't get the funds together. Killer line up.

I've seen Les Savy Fav a couple of times. Thier frontman is a comedy genius.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted December 06, 2005 20:33     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a huge Champs fan--how was it and how were they received?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 07, 2005 05:02     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Champs were really well recieved, but then, their ironic take on metal is probably perfect for ATP.

Mastodon got a HUGE audience and seemed to shift a lot of tshirts, but I was all metalled out from the High on Fire set(ace!) and left to eat half way through. What I saw was great though.

h, you're right - that Tim fellow is a comic genius. As the stage still displayed the remnants of it's usual non-ATP "Cats, the musical" design, he staged an inpromtu one-man version. Which mostly involved camping about in an ill-fitting, shredded cat suit, pouring red wine over his own head and shoving the bottle around inside his costume - not forgetting getting the crowd to 'miaow'
chorus. Mesmerising.

I wish you had come - far too many twatty-students this year.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 07, 2005 07:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds classic! I'm contemplating making up for missing out by going to see the Fucking Champs in London tonight. So many gigs in the next couple of weeks though. Gotta be fussy....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan