my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE GATHERING: New Album To Include Reworked Unreleased Material

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE GATHERING: New Album To Include Reworked Unreleased Material
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 05, 2005 06:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember PIGGY flew to Holland to record some stuff together with The Gathering some years ago. Hopefully this means that the work PIGGY did with the Gathering will be on the new album also.

Dutch rock act THE GATHERING recently entered the studio to commence work on their ninth studio album. For this recording the band has built a professional homemade studio inside an old church in the small town of Maurik, located in the south of Holland. With the help of producer Attie Bauw (producer of the band's 1998 effort, "How to Measure a Planet?") the band plans to work there for a month before heading to Bauw's studio to mix and master the music. The CD is scheduled to surface sometime in the spring on the band's own label Psychonaut Records (available on The End Records in North America), with a tour to follow around the same time in South America and the U.S.

The following studio update was issued by THE GATHERING frontwoman Anneke van Giersbergen:

"Yesterday and today we worked on a song some of you might know from a few live shows. It's an older song we recorded during the 'Souvenirs' period but didn't release it. Somehow we never found a good arrangement or atmosphere for it so it disappeared into the refrigerator. Only for it to be re-discovered now and I believe this time we cracked it! It was called 'Zion' before but we will change the title, as this one has absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics."

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan