my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Something to stare at for a bit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something to stare at for a bit
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 25, 2005 13:13     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 25, 2005 15:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know, I know, from the assembly line
I know, I know, the three laws of my
type

I was not made to smile
I was not built to lie
I ask my positron self
why am I born apart

we work alone inside the big dome
there's no reason for my eyes to glow
every night, every morning
every day

I know, I know, all data and functions
I know, I know, the power of the sun
I don't care what I am
I am the never man
I ask my kindred spirit
why do I dream of kites

whatever to serve my master
anything to save my master

I know, I know, the passage of my time
I know, I know, the same old daily grind

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 25, 2005 20:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW ! ! !

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 27, 2005 02:51     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Why do I dream of guys?"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 27, 2005 03:36     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
"Why do I dream of guys?"

Don't you mean "kites?"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted November 29, 2005 18:20     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every time I hear that song, I wonder about the meaning of "why do I dream of kites". Snake, are you there? Care to enlighten us?

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

pre_ignition
VoivodFan
Member # 103

posted December 08, 2005 04:20     Profile for pre_ignition   Email pre_ignition     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Every time I hear that song, I wonder about the meaning of "why do I dream of kites". Snake, are you there? Care to enlighten us?

It's got to be longing to fly away and be free that inspires recurring dreams of kites.

Hawkwind's Spirit of the Age "Oh for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen..." captures the same sentiment as Snake illustrated in Golem. The desire for freedom.

HOTH SYSTEM
VoivodFan
Member # 723

posted December 08, 2005 07:07     Profile for HOTH SYSTEM   Email HOTH SYSTEM     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the little guys with the clip boards!

--------------------

RIP Piggy

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted December 08, 2005 18:46     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always thought the line "why do I dream of kites" was a robot's *unconscious* homage to Benjamin Franklin and his famous experiments with electricity and lightning; flying a kite with a metal key on it, thusly attracting lightning. Perhaps symbolizing the birth of the Electric Age?

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2005 00:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiva23:
I always thought the line "why do I dream of kites" was a robot's *unconscious* homage to Benjamin Franklin and his famous experiments with electricity and lightning; flying a kite with a metal key on it, thusly attracting lightning. Perhaps symbolizing the birth of the Electric Age?

Stop sounding so smart, damnit!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 09, 2005 01:59     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"My precious kite!"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan