my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE OUTER LIMITS ERA FOOTAGE (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: THE OUTER LIMITS ERA FOOTAGE
mefisto
VoivodFan
Member # 666

posted November 23, 2005 20:40     Profile for mefisto   Email mefisto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CALLING MEMBERS OF VOIVOD...

PLEASE INCLUDE AS MUCH FOOTAGE OF THE OUTER LIMITS ERA...BACKSTAGE,INTERVIEWS,MUSIC VIDEOS,MISC,ETC ETC....

PLEASE...IM BEGGING YOU

I JUST KNOW PIGGY IS WITH ME ON THIS ONE...I BET HE CANT WAIT TO SEE FOOTAGE FROM THOSE EXPERIMENTAL DAYS...

HE'S PROBABLY WITH SOME ALIEN ELECTRONIC ENGINEERS IN A DISTANT GALAXY UPGRADING AND TWEAKING HIS EVENTIDE H3000,AMP AND AXE BEYOND OUR IMAGINATIONS...

HAIL!!!!! PIGGY...SONIC SCIENTIST

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 23, 2005 22:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that. TOL is one of the best Metal albums of all time, and it would be a shame to simply ignore that era. Seeing live renditions of Lost Machine, We Are Not Alone, Fix My Heart or even (the greatest masterpiece of the bands career) Jack Luminous would kick my ass in such I huge way. Studio video (if it exists) from that albums recording sessions would make me cream my fucking jeans too.
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted November 23, 2005 23:47     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I second that. TOL is one of the best Metal albums of all time, and it would be a shame to simply ignore that era. Seeing live renditions of Lost Machine, We Are Not Alone, Fix My Heart or even (the greatest masterpiece of the bands career) Jack Luminous would kick my ass in such I huge way. Studio video (if it exists) from that albums recording sessions would make me cream my fucking jeans too.

thirded

...well minus the creaming of the jeans bit

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 24, 2005 01:39     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
.... would make me cream my fucking jeans

That was SO metal, dude. It has 100% magnetic properties.

(thinks about high-5'ing, but thinks about what you might do with your hands, thinks better not)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 24, 2005 06:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's certainly among my favorite albums of all time and I'd love to see some footage also... something, anything... but I'll try and maintain some control below the waist, although ya never know what kind od effect Voivod can have on you

YOu're a riot NUC

--------------------

yawn

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 24, 2005 10:31     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a dvd available on ebay called Tribal Convictions(it used to be a VHS called Technochromatic Manipulators) and it has a show from New Jersey in 93, on the Outer Limits tour. I have the VHS, but there's a glitch in the last song(Warriors Of Ice) that I boneheadedly put in there(I mistakenly hit the record button), but at least it's in the last song, which cuts out early anyways. If anyone's interested I can make copies for whoever wants it. It may take some time though, because my 2nd VCR just died on me so I have to get another one to do VHS to VHS recording. Sorry, I can't make dvd's. Just email me and we can work something out.

--------------------

Armed with swords and hash

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 24, 2005 14:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is some footage:
2 pics of the Noorderligt Tilburg '93 Concert:

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 24, 2005 15:33     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pics, Paul!

But don't you think that the TOL footage should have been on DVOD-1? And do you think there is that much TOL footage? I'm a bit skeptical.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 24, 2005 15:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Cool pics, Paul!

But don't you think that the TOL footage should have been on DVOD-1? And do you think there is that much TOL footage? I'm a bit skeptical.

I don't think there is much Footage of those days. But i remember Snake standing on the stage back in '93 throwing his arms around and giving the audience funny faces... He seemed a bit idiotic

But yes if there was any Footage it defenately should have been on DVOD-1
Certainly not on part 2 & 3 so do not expect it. Bit of a pity. TOL is the best...

--------------------

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 25, 2005 09:40     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny you should say that, he's doing the same thing in the footage I have from New Jersey in 93, making strange faces and such. It's quite funny. It's a great show though, and I'm always up for a trade if anyone wants it.

--------------------

mefisto
VoivodFan
Member # 666

posted November 25, 2005 19:38     Profile for mefisto   Email mefisto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey Tim...just wondering..does ur VHS contain any outer limit's songs...or any good shots of piggys fx setup etc...

if so.then i would definately want a copy...or even just some good screenshots if u can be bothered to take stills of the show and post em on here...

nice one geezers

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 26, 2005 10:00     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mefisto, here's the setlist from the New Jersey '93 show:
Fix My Heart
The Unknown Knows
Lost Machine
Golem
Tribal Convictions
Ravenous Medicine
Panorama
The Prow
Nuclear War
Astronomy Domine
We Are Not Alone
Warriors Of Ice (cuts out towards end of song, plus I fucked up and hit the record button on my remote just before it cuts out so I lost a little bit more of it. I suck.)
If you'd like to see a screen shot, look on ebay at the Tribal Convictions dvd, he has 3 or 4 on there. I can't play dvd's on my ancient computer(I'm running Windows 95 on here 'cause that's what this computer was designed for). Sorry but the show is shot from the back of the room so you don't get any good shots of Piggy's effects rig. Hope that helps.

--------------------

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 26, 2005 14:38     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I took pix of Piggy from two feet away on TOL tour. I'll see what I can dig up re: his gear. I'm recovering from hernia surgery, so I won't be moving around too much to look, tho;!
mefisto
VoivodFan
Member # 666

posted November 26, 2005 15:09     Profile for mefisto   Email mefisto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacque Luminous:
I took pix of Piggy from two feet away on TOL tour. I'll see what I can dig up re: his gear. I'm recovering from hernia surgery, so I won't be moving around too much to look, tho;!

wow...thanks for replying tim and jaque...i appreciate ur time and effort...i guess i will buy the Tribal DVD...but...im still itnerested in checking out those pics u have Jacque...i always dreamed of sitting down with Piggy and just talk about his fascinating and incredibly important sonic arsenal...maybe one day i will...

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 26, 2005 18:02     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of my pix is on this website. Not sure if you can see his amps. But his guitar is RIGHT THERE!
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 26, 2005 18:51     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's one of my pix that was posted awhile back (I was ellentim back then).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/ogri13/Motorhead/FastPiggySignedPickswcredit02.jpg

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 26, 2005 19:10     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tim(the american one)aka Jacque,
I knew I saw your name somewhere on one of these Voivod sites. Hope you recover quickly from yer surgery. Have you seen that picture of Lemmy wearing a Voivod t-shirt? I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought of you when I did.
Mefisto,
Glad to hear yer gonna get the dvd. There's a great interview with them during the Dimension Hatross era, as well as a better version of the Ripping Headaches video than on the DVOD1 dvd, 'cause it doesn't cut the opening shot of Piggy doing the opening riff. The Nothingface in-studio stuff is a little more complete than on the DVOD1 dvd as well, and the Angel Rat in-studio footage is interesting too. Enjoy.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 26, 2005 21:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that's pretty much the setlist from the Winnipeg show on that tour as well. I fuckin sang my ass off along to everysong from right infront of the stage and Snake kept sticking the mic in front of me coz he could see that I knew the words. I got to smoke a couple of fatties with Away and Piggy after that show and he gave me one of those picks like in that shot with the 7 string Ibanez. Best night ever. They opened with Jack Luminous, but just the CD playing over the P.A.

Hey Jacque, I hope you're feeling better!

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 26, 2005 22:37     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tim:
[QB]Hey Tim(the american one)aka Jacque,
I knew I saw your name somewhere on one of these Voivod sites. Hope you recover quickly from yer surgery. Have you seen that picture of Lemmy wearing a Voivod t-shirt? I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought of you when I did.

Thanks. Nah, don't think I saw it, but Lemmy always did know a good band when he heard it! I know VV used to cover MH in the early days...

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 26, 2005 22:40     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I think that's pretty much the setlist from the Winnipeg show on that tour as well. I fuckin sang my ass off along to everysong from right infront of the stage and Snake kept sticking the mic in front of me coz he could see that I knew the words. I got to smoke a couple of fatties with Away and Piggy after that show and he gave me one of those picks like in that shot with the 7 string Ibanez. Best night ever. They opened with Jack Luminous, but just the CD playing over the P.A.

Hey Jacque, I hope you're feeling better!

Thanks. Nuke! Yeah, I smoked with them, too, but it was BEFORE the show! I could barely work my camera and here's them playing their asses off!

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 27, 2005 16:07     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too have smoked a coupla joints with Michel and Denis, but the best was when I saw them play in Moncton, NB in 96 or 97. I hadn't seen them in a few years at that point, and I hadn't really heard the Eric line-up yet aside from maybe seeing a video. The guy who set up the show and played drums in the opening band, Eric's Trip, is an old friend of mine, so while we were upstairs in the venue smoking some hash, in comes Voivod, and both Michel and Denis remembered me from Montreal and we had a nice little reunion over some puffs. I'm really gonna miss Denis, you just couldn't have met a nicer guy.

--------------------

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 28, 2005 10:01     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha, it was hash I smoked with them, too! [back when I could actually find it. ]
Denis remembered me from the Iron Gang 'cos back then I went by the nonsensical moniker Crashley Budman. Denis said 'You are him?! Cool! I interviewed them for a local mag. When I'm up to it, I'll post the interview.
It was mainly him and Away...

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 28, 2005 12:24     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that's all we smoked back in them days. It's been an awful long time since I had any hash worth mentioning. I see it up here once in a while but it's usually muck. Funny, but it's mainly Michel and Denis that I would talk to as well, although I sorta knew Snake well enough to say hello if I saw him at the bar or whatever. It was only Blacky that I never had the chance to meet. Strangely enough, when I saw them that time in Moncton in 96-97, I didn't get to meet Eric either for whatever reason.
Can't wait to have a look at your interview. Hope yer feelin' better soon, remember, THC is a great painkiller....

--------------------

Tim
VoivodFan
Member # 710

posted November 29, 2005 10:04     Profile for Tim   Email Tim     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey U.S. Tim,
I finally got to look at that pic of Piggy playing his Ibanez 7-string. I hope you post some more of those pics, that one is awesome.

--------------------

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 29, 2005 18:09     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks! I had pretty good luck that night, even after a few bowls!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan