LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 15, 2005 14:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
get smart on your own i guess
IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 15, 2005 20:11     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got my band up on myspace
www.myspace.com/deathandtaxesmusic

Unfortunately, I'm only able to fit the softer side of my band up there. Myspace only allows songs under the 6 minute mark to be uploaded. Our stuff that rocks a little harder are longer than that, but you can check out samples at www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2

Hope you enjoy. If nothing else, give the song Suffer Ring a try at myspace. It rocks a little bit!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 15, 2005 22:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vince, did you see there is another Death & Taxes on my space. Another band with your name... what's up wit dat? They are more straight ahead dirty rock n roll. You'd think they woulda researched the name before taking it. You guys have been around for years.

BTW: you better accept my "friend request"

--------------------

yawn

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 16, 2005 13:09     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, they did research it before they stole it. To make a long story short, I don’t have enough money to make them stop. That band is made up of guys who had successful bands in the 70s and 80s and they’ve recorded a new album under that name. They have financial support from a label, so it’s pretty much a lost cause for me. It would have taken me $5K - $10K to keep the name. I don’t have that kind of cash at hand, so I just have to watch them ruin the name.
But you guys know who the real Death & Taxe$ is.
So far, all of these metal/rock websites and magazines won’t give me any respect. I contacted several of them to help me make my case for the band name while they are writing reviews for the other band, but they won’t even make mention of us. Bastards. So much for helping the little guys. They don’t even have the courtesy to write (this is not the Progressive Metal Band from southern California) or something to that effect. It’s frustrating. I could understand if we were just a “garage” band or something. But I’d like to think that I’m at a little higher level than that. Our last release was very well received and had small distributions in the US and parts of Europe (Germany, Greece). We even have an official European distributor now and things were looking up.

I even asked their band leader straight up, “Hey Man, you know the name is mine and if I had the money I could stop you; but I don’t, so I’m just asking you as a fellow musician, please don’t use it.” But of course, that didn’t work. It didn’t stop them from using the name, but he did try to be cool about it. He said that he would never ask me to stop using the name (but his lawyers might). He told me to hang in there because he doesn’t think his band will last as long as I intend to keep going.
So of course, I just keep using it. But it’s just a matter of time before I’m served a cease and desist letter. We’ll see.

All I ask from people who know me and the band is that if they ever read or hear of this other Death and Taxes, contact that publisher and let them know about the real D&T.

By the way, I just "accepted" you. So that's what you look like!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2005 18:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fuckin BULLSHIT. How stupid do you have to be when you realize that if another band has been using a name for years, than you should pick a new name. "Paradigms For A New Quarter" was released and copywritten in 1996, that plus the other releases should give you rights to that name hands down.

Why you they even want to use a name that has been used by another band for years?

Anyway, thanks for the add Vince. BTW I'm not the pyschedelic swirly face guy that you see on my home page, but there are some mug shots of me in the picture section

If I do read any reveiws or online stuff on this "so-called" other D&T band, I'll be sure to alert the proper athorities.

So how's all the new projects coming anyway?

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan