my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How much do Non Metalheads know?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much do Non Metalheads know?
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted November 13, 2005 03:33     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday my wife and I were the questioners in a pub quiz. 50 questions for six teams, all in all around 60 players aged between 30 - 40 years. We had to invent the questions in advance, every theme was allowed.

I thought, one question about Metal should be present. Only one. An easy one. Something about Voivod? No, you can't ask something easy about Voivod. So I decided to ask about the Big Four Of Thrash in the eighties. We know, that's Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth. Testament would also count, 'cause they where in the Big Four before Slayer came. Ok.

Here are the bands, people thought were Thrash Metal:

AC/DC
Warlock,
Black Sabbath,
3x Motörhead,
Def Leppard,
Madness (!),
2x Napalm Death (I'm allways happy, so many people heard of Napalm Death),
Iron Maiden,
Alice Cooper,
Manowar,
Nirvana (!),
Red Hot Chili Peppers (?),
2x Sepultura (afer all),
Sodom (hey)

Right answers:

1x Metallica
1x Testament,
2x Anthrax,
3x Slayer,
Megadeth (-)

I didn't want to make fun about these people. I know, how few I know. I just was curious about the answers and thought that this could be interesting for you too.

After the quiz a woman came to me and told me, what an idiot I am to count Metallica as Thrash Metal: "They played unplugged somewhere."

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 13, 2005 04:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you immediately forced this woman into a pick-up truck, put the first four Metallica albums on extremely loudly and left her in here to learn!

That's how a kindly old metaller converted me to The Cause, but obviously you can leave out the gritty buggery in this case.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted November 13, 2005 05:26     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really became angry with that woman. I went to her table, where she stood with her team. Then I told them about old Metallica. If I had looked like a bird in this situation, this would have been a picture of me:

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 13, 2005 07:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems the majority of people have no clue what thrash metal is... hell, most people don't have a clue what good music is

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 13, 2005 14:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am sticking to the George Romero philosophy on this one.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 13, 2005 16:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
Yesterday my wife and I were the questioners in a pub quiz. 50 questions for six teams, all in all around 60 players aged between 30 - 40 years. We had to invent the questions in advance, every theme was allowed.

I thought, one question about Metal should be present. Only one. An easy one. Something about Voivod? No, you can't ask something easy about Voivod. So I decided to ask about the Big Four Of Thrash in the eighties. We know, that's Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth. Testament would also count, 'cause they where in the Big Four before Slayer came. Ok.

Here are the bands, people thought were Thrash Metal:

AC/DC
Warlock,
Black Sabbath,
3x Motörhead,
Def Leppard,
Madness (!),
2x Napalm Death (I'm allways happy, so many people heard of Napalm Death),
Iron Maiden,
Alice Cooper,
Manowar,
Nirvana (!),
Red Hot Chili Peppers (?),
2x Sepultura (afer all),
Sodom (hey)

Right answers:

1x Metallica
1x Testament,
2x Anthrax,
3x Slayer,
Megadeth (-)

I didn't want to make fun about these people. I know, how few I know. I just was curious about the answers and thought that this could be interesting for you too.

After the quiz a woman came to me and told me, what an idiot I am to count Metallica as Thrash Metal: "They played unplugged somewhere."

Mepersonally would consider DESTRUCTION a big thrash band also.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan