my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new (old) scans (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: new (old) scans
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 07, 2005 11:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
click on scans on the forum nav (or here). scroll to the last link on the page. thank destroy.
 |  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted November 07, 2005 12:25     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW! WOW! WOW!

J'capote...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted November 07, 2005 12:33     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow thats some amazing stuff...

The funny thing I was reading the thanks to on the lyrics sheet and I forgot that one of the people Voivod thank is (gene)WMSC.

(gene) is Gene Khoury and the station was the radio department at Monclair State College, in Monclair NJ.

100 years ago, they ran an underground metal show all day on Saturdays. Gene was the original host and that was how I originally heard of and listened to Voivod. He was exicted that U68 also was showing the "Voivod" video on Saturday at midnights.

Yes that is a UHF station.

That was how I was introduced to Voivod.

That's good shit right there.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 07, 2005 12:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just edited addresses off of the registration papers because i realized it had the band members' parents addresses on it. i don't know if away's mom or snake's parents still live in the same place, but i know piggy's and blacky's do. oups.
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 07, 2005 16:02     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks sooo much Serge & nia!

WOW! rare & great stuff!
Really appreciate!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 07, 2005 16:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ULTRA MEGA COOL SCANS!!!!!

Thanks a 1,000,000

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 07, 2005 18:23     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
really nice.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted November 09, 2005 21:13     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Late as usual in response but thank you for the new scans.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted November 09, 2005 22:23     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gotta love that piggy pic with his mouth open and his hair all over his face...thats so fucking metal !!! thank you for posting that Nia !!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 09, 2005 23:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks girl!

I like the hair pic too.

This might sound wacky and sorta stoned-ish, but any chance of a Piggy biography? Yeah I guess I am sorta meddling here but I wanna know more about the guy. I'm Voivod all the way, favorite fucking band since '90, I kicked Slayer off that slate once I heard Nothingface.

--------------------

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted November 10, 2005 09:13     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fuse:
This might sound wacky and sorta stoned-ish, but any chance of a Piggy biography?

That's a good request... Hmmm...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted October 12, 2011 15:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't want to create a new post... This is a really cool site, on a regular basis the owner publishes some great fanzine scans, great reading while I make some shit at my job Highly recomended!
http://sendbackmystamps.org/category/bands/voivod-can/

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted October 12, 2011 18:35     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool to see those old scans! Also what is crazy is that an old band my brother and I played in (WRECKAGE) is also listed on the cover of that Book of Armageddon fanzine. Don't remember ever receiving that one!... but was a long time ago so who knows.. all my zines are lost in a box in a basement somewhere I think.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2011 19:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny you mentioned Wreckage from that Fanzine cover because a friend of mine, Matt, from a community college I went to sang for Wreckage. I probably still have a demo tape in a box in the attic. Wreckage was from Virginia weren't they? Matt was from Baltimore City and had to travel pretty far for rehearsals, from what I can remember. Small world.

--------------------

yawn

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted October 12, 2011 21:04     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Small world indeed. Yeah... Matt was from Balt and for awhile before he had a decent car he even took a Trailways down to Virginia! Keep in touch with him when can. He's a bit North of Balt these days.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 13, 2011 05:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fuse:
Thanks girl!

I like the hair pic too.

This might sound wacky and sorta stoned-ish, but any chance of a Piggy biography? Yeah I guess I am sorta meddling here but I wanna know more about the guy. I'm Voivod all the way, favorite fucking band since '90, I kicked Slayer off that slate once I heard Nothingface.

BUMP!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2011 18:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by consumer:
Small world indeed. Yeah... Matt was from Balt and for awhile before he had a decent car he even took a Trailways down to Virginia! Keep in touch with him when can. He's a bit North of Balt these days.

I remember having Wreckage on an interview Cable TV show I used to do for Dundalk Community College's program "DCC The Lion Roars". It was a local channel that had different segments about local interests, and I interviewed different local bands each month (when I made the time to actually do it). The same show would air 2 times a day, every weekday for the entire month, so bands got some decent free publicity from it. The guys came up from Virginia and we talked about their music, their demo, and general bullshit. Cool bunch of guys.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 13, 2011 20:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dave, please tell me this is something I could find on youtube.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 13, 2011 20:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And thanks for that scan Gerfat. Thoroughly enjoyed reading that interview...wow, talk about going back a few years...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 15, 2011 00:57     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
I didn't want to create a new post... This is a really cool site, on a regular basis the owner publishes some great fanzine scans, great reading while I make some shit at my job Highly recomended!
http://sendbackmystamps.org/category/bands/voivod-can/

Thanks Gerfat! Great find.

Wow, that was Imran interviewing Away! Small world indeed!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2011 18:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Mez, I've never placed any of them on you tube; although I'm not sure if any of the local bands ever did. I did it on and off for about 5 years. I wish I would have taken better advantage of it and did some more interviews with other bands. I did a bunch of great interviews with some cool bands including Tension, where they also did a special lip synced live video of "Dark Sunrise" for the program that they shot one evening after a show. There was 1 or 2 bands I wished I hadn't wasted my time with, and I always wanted to interview Paul Reed Smith who was just starting his guitar empire and he played a lot of time with Carey Zeigler's Band of a Thousand Names, which I'd go check out a lot with friends, so I had opportunities to approach him, but was probably too drunk by the end of the first set to think about it.

--------------------

yawn

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted October 16, 2011 09:03     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tension/Deuce were a cool band. Saw many times back in 80's. You know they are doing reunion stuff now right? That "Defenders of the Old" fest at Sonar is soon... great line-up on that show. Wish was going to be back in town for it.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 16, 2011 20:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was invited to the reunion gig, but couldn't go (as usual... work & too far away). They played for Jim Powell (their manager from back in the day)and another guys birthday in a basement for a bunch of good friends. If I still lived in the Baltimore area I would have been there for sure. I'm thrilled they're back together and playing the festival, and maybe there could be a chance for some new material. Mystic Force, another old school prog metal band from Baltimore and who I also interviewed and went to a lot of their shows, is also on the bill for the same festival with Tension.

--------------------

yawn

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted October 17, 2011 09:42     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 13, 2012 17:04     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan