my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 3 more (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: 3 more
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted November 03, 2005 17:41     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats the best news i have heard in a loooong time! Give that dark acoustic material. Voivod Lives!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 03, 2005 17:56     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm. im assuming Jasonic mustve sent in the bass tracks for one album only. surely.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted November 03, 2005 22:13     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I can't stop thinking about that acoustic stuff, I've always wondered what Piggy would have sounded like on acoustic. He's such an 'electric guitar' player that hearing him playing an acoustic one would be a totally new experience I imagine.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 04, 2005 12:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even with my (normally) pathological hatred of accoustic guitars, I would love to hear this one

--------------------

String em up

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 04, 2005 13:29     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's off topic, but i tried an acoustic bass the other day. it was weird, but kinda cool.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 04, 2005 13:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Great news!

Am I alone here who wants to hear the "heavier" songs more than the others? Hell, bring Eric back for just one session to record just those heavier songs! I want another Phobos to kill my car on a highway.

Regarding acoustic stuff: it's not the guitar that matters, but the one who plays it. The One.

Well me likes Negatron and Phobos very very very much.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 06, 2005 12:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, this is totally unexpected. Very exciting news indeed. I fully agree that 'former members' should contribute to at least some of the material. It would be a fitting tribute.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted November 06, 2005 15:43     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
it's off topic, but i tried an acoustic bass the other day. it was weird, but kinda cool.

I had one a few years ago; nice bass for practice and acoustic jams. Sadly, the piezo pick-up sounded somewhat "thin"... I sold it when I bought my upright.

--------------------

ObituariesQc | Québec Metal RIP Bands
http://www.obituariesqc.com

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted November 08, 2005 23:36     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Three more albums in addition to the new one?!?...Holy shit,I almost fell out of my chair while reading the short int transcript from BWBN!!! This band has never failed to amaze me and while we all are still very saddened by Mr.D'Amour's untimely passing,I'm feeling very positive about hearing that there will be a continuing legacy of Voivod music for quite awhile! I'm feeling much better and just got thru listening to "Dimension Hatross"(I never get tired of this one..still sounds like a fucking new,cosmic-sick album even though it came out 18yrs ago!)."Nothingface" is in that league as well! Of course,I look forward to the next sonic horizon of the Voivod..."Voivod Lives!!!"
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 09, 2005 13:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The plot keeps getting thicker.

Amazing.

I don't know what to say.

OK yes I do--

THANKS!

Signed,

One very happy fucking Voivod Fan

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan