my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 3 more (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: 3 more
consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted November 02, 2005 12:19     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks promising. This from BW&BK today:

The Upcoming VOIVOD Album Will Be Followed By Three More!
2005-11-02 09:46:50

Special Report By David Perri

Less than two months after Denis “Piggy” D’Amour’s sad and all too premature death, BW&BK exclusively spoke to Voivod’s drummer, Michel “Away” Langevin. While Away was eager to converse, the undeniable fact remains that he has lost his best friend. That said, Away’s voice lights up when he begins discussing Voivod’s new music. Yes, indeed, there will be another record from the Voivod camp. But that’s not all. Away, dropping a bombshell, relays the good news. The upcoming Voivod album will be followed be three (!) more.

“We’ve been working on 23 songs since 2003,” he reveals to BW&BK. “We’ve been writing since we finished Ozzfest ‘03. We’re going to release the material, but it’s going to be split up into Tome 1 and Tome 2. The music will cover all bases. There are rockers, prog songs, heavier songs and then there’s even material that sounds like The Outer Limits. When Piggy died, I inherited his musical archives. He recorded the entire new album on his laptop with ProTools. We’ll finish putting it all together in December, and then it will be mixed in early January. So the record should be out next year. Aside from that, I’ve also found enough material on Piggy’s laptop to fill another few albums, so there will be four new Voivod records in total. There’s many years of work to be done until they all get put together. Piggy was so prolific. He was also the master of saving and backing up all his work (laughs). He would just record all day. He’d put on his headphones and just play. Even in his last lucid hours, he was writing and recording with an acoustic guitar. I haven’t been able to listen to those recordings in their entirety yet. It’s very emotional for me. The very last recordings are about an hour long and on acoustic guitar. They’re quite dark.”

Away says the new record will probably be recorded in Voivod’s hometown of Montreal. The followup to 2003's Voivod will be issued by The End Records sometime in 2006.

"We’re really proud of the album we did with (bassist) Jason (Newsted - ex-METALLICA)," Away finishes. "It was like we were a new band, so we weren’t sure what people would think. But it worked out, and some tracks on the record even became classics, like ‘The Multiverse’. We’re proud of that album, but we think the new one will be even better.”

Watch for BW&BK's exclusive chat with Voivod in BW&BK #93, out in stores later this month!

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 02, 2005 12:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really glad to hear that, it is at least some consolation

--------------------

String em up

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 02, 2005 12:54     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ho yeah good news ... I will like to hear is last recording done acoustic ...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 02, 2005 15:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My God, that's amazing news! Voivod lives, indeed!

And I'd love to hear an acoustic Voivod album, a sort of "Jar of Flies" kind of thing.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 02, 2005 17:10     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best news I heard all week.
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 02, 2005 17:47     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great news
This make my day...and my week!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 02, 2005 18:36     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! Great to hear

P.S. - Have I told you how much I love you today, Voivod!?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 02, 2005 19:00     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really interested in hearing the "acoustic" stuff...it might be almost fitting then to leave that alone and release it "as is", rather than overdub vocals, bass, drums, etc. to it. The idea of Piggy on acoustic guitar sounds completely amazing to me! Since Away already mentions that the material is very dark, it would probably be best then to leave it as instrumental.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted November 02, 2005 19:05     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wahoooo!!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 02, 2005 19:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news! I've never thought of Voivod going acoustic. Sounds weird to me, but then, that's what Voivod's all about, isn't it?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted November 02, 2005 20:52     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YESSS !!!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 02, 2005 21:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I love the acoustic alone idea very much...very dark material appeals to me on so many levels.
Voivod fucking rulez!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 03, 2005 00:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKIN A BABY !!!

Reading that was worth not going to sleep yet.

I think the acoustic release would be cool if one disc was what Denis played and recorded and a second disc would be what the band does with his recordings to flesh them out into songs with drums, bass, & vocals... THAT WOULD ROCK.

To know there are still many years to come with new Voivod music, makes me very happy indeed.

--------------------

yawn

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted November 03, 2005 01:24     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The very last recordings are about an hour long and on acoustic guitar. They’re quite dark.”

That sounds absolutely amazing!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted November 03, 2005 02:52     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you Piggy!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 03, 2005 02:55     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 03, 2005 06:01     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking awesome. We all new the legacy of Voivod and Piggy would go on but 3 more albums? Wow.

The acoustic thing would be perfect as disc 2 of the final Voivod double album. Left alone, exactly as it is. Just thinking about it, from Away's description, brings a chill to my spine! And I haven't even heard it!

Thank you Piggy for all the music yet to come!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 03, 2005 06:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is sooo good. I am a really happy Voivodfan...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 03, 2005 07:33     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Imran X:
"The very last recordings are about an hour long and on acoustic guitar. They’re quite dark.”

that is quite interesting... 'dark' just does'nt really sound like piggy's style ? which makes me want to hear these acoustic recordings all the more. (very curious)

quote:
Thank you Piggy for all the music yet to come!

n/p: - we are not alone

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted November 03, 2005 11:05     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best news I've read all year!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted November 03, 2005 11:18     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its like getting a blow job while eating a sandwich and watching a ball game.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

momo
VoivodFan
Member # 676

posted November 03, 2005 11:56     Profile for momo   Email momo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have big interest in Piggy's accoustic guitar play.
RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted November 03, 2005 12:14     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
METAL LIVES!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 03, 2005 14:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:
Its like getting a blow job while eating a sandwich and watching a ball game.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!! Agreed!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 03, 2005 14:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a bunch of undeserving bastards we are, haha! This is great fucking news!!!

I am sitting at the table with my fork and knife, patiently waiting for each one of these to be released, DVDs included!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan