my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW JUDAS PRIEST DVD !!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW JUDAS PRIEST DVD !!!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2005 07:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THIS FROM BLABBERMOUTH:
JUDAS PRIEST: 'Rising In The East' DVD Release Date Confirmed - Oct. 26, 2005

A representative at the Warner/Rhino video department has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the new JUDAS PRIEST live DVD, "Rising in the East", will be released in North America on November 15. In addition, the DVD's artwork has also been confirmed to the image currently being displayed by most online retailers, including Amazon.com.

"Rising in the East" was recorded at the band's May 18-19, 2005 shows at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan and will include the following track listing:

01. The Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Riding On The Wind
05. The Ripper
06. A Touch Of Evil
07. Judas Rising
08. Revolution
09. Hot Rockin'
10. Breaking The Law
11. I'm A Rocker
12. Diamonds and Rust
13. Worth Fighting For
14. Deal With the Devil
15. Beyond the Realms of Death
16. Turbo Lover
17. Hellrider
18. Victim of Changes
19. Exciter
20. Painkiller
21. Hell Bent For Leather
22. Living After Midnight
23. You've Got Another Thing Coming

In other news, JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford recently told the San Diego CityBEAT that no one in the band is thinking about the fact that they're on the downhill toward 60.

"When you start to think about that, you start slowing down, you start to diminish," said Halford. "People asked me 10, 20 years ago if I was done.... But I don't think JUDAS PRIEST will ever do a farewell tour. I think one day it will just stop. But as long as I can do the work at the right level, I'll keep going."

On the subject of being the inspiration for so many of America's new metal stars, Halford said, "I'd been e-mailing with Jamey [Jasta, the singer] from HATEBREED and he kept begging me to put them on the bill in their hometown with PRIEST. We got that kind of thing all the time on the Ozzfest tour last summer. There we were with SABBATH, us and them being the bands that started it all, and all these young bands like HATEBREED and SLIPKNOT and LAMB OF GOD were just hanging around us hoping to talk metal.

"It's important to not turn into some cynical old man," Halford continued. "When you've been around so long, I think it's easy to get jaded about rock 'n' roll, but I'm still excited and I still get a rush when I hear or see a new band that moves me."

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 27, 2005 10:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

"It's important to not turn into some cynical old man," Halford continued. "When you've been around so long, I think it's easy to get jaded about rock 'n' roll, but I'm still excited and I still get a rush when I hear or see a new band that moves me."

That's right Mr. Halford! I remember when Halford rolled through town and played at the local Lauchpad, which is a great small-sized club here, and he fucking rocked like an insane, tattoo headed monster! And he chose not to wear the elaborate Leather goods, but a ripped white t-shirt...holy hell! That was an amazing show! Such a small space, with gear taking up much of the floor area, I could not believe he was playing in such a small venue. K I L L E R !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 27, 2005 11:07     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Lauchad! Wow, very up close and personal...did you have a chance to say "Hi"?

Must get this DVD too...

momo
VoivodFan
Member # 676

posted October 27, 2005 11:59     Profile for momo   Email momo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, nice news!!!
I went to this Judas Priest show (may 1 8.).
The performance was truly incredible.

METAL GOD !!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 27, 2005 19:54     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend sent me this link a while back and I just got around to watching it. Funny as hell! There's also the "lost footage"....

Watch it here: Heavy Metal Parking Lot!

MORE

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2005 22:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT was on TV a few years ago, and I laughed my ass off. It was cool because it took place around the Baltimore / DC area and there was interveiws with local bands including Shannon Larkin, drummer them for Wrathchild (America), who also went on the Ugly Kid Joe, Snot, played on a few tracks on Glen Tipton's solo album, and now I believe he is still in Godsmack.

It's funny watching an listening to the east coast metal heads in that documentary.

I'll be grabbing the new JP dvd as soon as it hits the streets. With all the praises everyone is giving the Priest on this tour, you'd have to be stupid NOT to buy it.

Luna, that musta been one hell of a night of metal with the Metal God in a small venue.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan