my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Demos i have them (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Demos i have them
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted October 27, 2005 02:15     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only a few tracks who can host them???
 |  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 27, 2005 06:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new stuff? from the new cd?
IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 27, 2005 09:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to hear those.

Hurry Hurry Hurry

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted October 27, 2005 09:38     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Are you talking about the new album ?

Just wanna be sure...

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted October 27, 2005 10:03     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I would love to hear those.

Hurry Hurry Hurry

seconded

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 27, 2005 12:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
somebody please post those,if it is really new stuff.
Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted October 27, 2005 12:53     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you serious ? It will suck !
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 27, 2005 13:01       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why? do you know something we dont?
Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted October 27, 2005 13:15     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. What this album means for the guys. And how much they will be disappointed if anything comes out before the release. Especially on VoivodFan, that's not gonna help the band for sure.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 27, 2005 13:48       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
enough said.i was thinking maybe the band doesnt want anything out before the album is released.
so with that said keep any demos of the new stuff to yourself.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 27, 2005 14:06     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
keep any demos of the new stuff to yourself.

Exactly.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 27, 2005 14:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlexieL:
Yes. What this album means for the guys. And how much they will be disappointed if anything comes out before the release. Especially on VoivodFan, that's not gonna help the band for sure.

I understand what you are saying. But what you must also understand is that we, all the devoted Voivodians, who are carrying the music in our hearts haven't heard anything new since christmas 2003 and that all of us would rather buy 2 then just 1 album just to help Voivod out !!! We, and i think i speak for all of us, would never download Voivod tunes and not buying the record!! Therefor, in my opinion, you could easily spread some tunes to make us even more hungry.

Please, please

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2005 14:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the element of surprise, so I could live without hearing any new stuff until it is released.

--------------------

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted October 27, 2005 14:33     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't wanna hear the demos if the album comes out.

It's like seeing a movie trailer of film you gonna see anyhow. I want to be surprised. The moment of the first listening of a new Voivod album is sacred. Knowing the demos would destroy that for me.

Something totally different are the last demos with Eric. Therefore I could kill...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2005 14:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
Something totally different are the last demos with Eric. Therefore I could kill...

I'm with you on that one....KILL KILL KILL!

--------------------

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted October 27, 2005 15:31     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Getting a demo before the album comes out just isn't right! It's like finding out your child's sex before it's born! Lame! In these two cases: just say no.
Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted October 27, 2005 18:47     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad that people like you understand what is to be in a band. It's a long and difficult effort espacially these days but I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed !
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted October 27, 2005 19:13     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok i won't post them. I couldn't download that Collapse stuff(links still didn't work). Pretty sure these are Voivod though. Yes of course we'll all buy the new album anyway! Actually if anyone has a copy of The Outer Limits or the Best of on vinyl only ....email me!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2005 22:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's great to see we all support the bands feelings on this. As much as I'm sure all of us would love to hear something/anything Voivod, it's more important to wait until the band is ready for us to hear something.

I'm surpised something was leaked considering the circumstances over the last few months.

This new release is going to be incredibly special for the band and very dear to their hearts, and we should never do anything to mess with that.

Thanks for the post, AlexieL

--------------------

yawn

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted October 28, 2005 01:09     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can understand the desire to hear new stuff but since the band has had to deal with an incredibly devastating personal loss,I definitely wouldn't want to see anything compound that with an early leak.I'm not moralizing or speaking against troyvod in any way and I respect his decision to wait and I have no problem waiting for new stuff as well. When you lose someone close to you that you've known nearly half your entire life,it's extremely hard to deal with so I hope they take the time to deal with it in their own way and when the time is right for them,to continue work on the next work. For now,listening to Voivod is a bit hard but I have very fond memories of getting into their music as a raging thrash maniac16yr old and to this very day,being amazed by the brilliant musical voyage as a 36yr old. I hope this doesn't come across as corny or melodramatic cuz I normally don't get so personal on a "virtual" format but I'm tryin' to deal with things in my own way.......
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 28, 2005 01:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
It's great to see we all support the bands feelings on this. As much as I'm sure all of us would love to hear something/anything Voivod, it's more important to wait until the band is ready for us to hear something.

I'm surpised something was leaked considering the circumstances over the last few months.

This new release is going to be incredibly special for the band and very dear to their hearts, and we should never do anything to mess with that.

Thanks for the post, AlexieL

I rest my case. Sorry for wanting that stuff so bad.... I'll have to wait some more months. But can we know when it is coming out a bit earlier then???

Have a good weekend everyone.

--------------------

troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted October 28, 2005 04:43     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After the album comes out i'll post them. since these were recorded late last year i'm curious as to what the final versions will be like.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 28, 2005 07:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Troyvod, how did you get a hold of these demos?

Just curious.

Other than hearing about the music that Denis had recorded onto his computer, I didn't know anything was even recorded that could have been leaked.

I do think it's cool when bands give you a glimpse of the direction they are headed for their next project, either as download demos or premeiring a new tune during a live show.

My wife and I got to LIVE at a secret show (played under a different name... of course it leaked out who it was) months prior to their DISTANCE FROM HERE album was released. The whole performance was to play all their new unreleased material to the audience to see the reaction to their new songs. Very cool idea.
Anyway, it would be cool to hear something, but only when the band deems it's time.

Enjoy the demos for yourself for now, Troyvod.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 28, 2005 08:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, aren't we all supposed to buy two copies of the next albums, one for us and one as a gift to someone? Wasn't that a deal we made, written in blood? (Ok, not in blood, most likely on a computer keyboard, but you see what I mean.)

I'll wait to hear the final product. Thanks.
(But bring the Eric demo, korgulldamnit!)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 28, 2005 20:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK, you mean I really didn't have to cut myself and write that down in my own blood. That was just a figure of speech? I need to syop taking things so leterally... damn

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan