my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Rare Slayer & Mercyful Fate on Ebay from Me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare Slayer & Mercyful Fate on Ebay from Me
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 25, 2005 10:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wanted to let anyone know that is interested, I'm unfortunatley auctioning off 4 mega rare Roadrunner original cds from Slayer (Hell Awaits & Show No Mercy)and Mercyful Fate (Don't Break The Oath & Melissa). These are the original slimline snap cases that were made when these cds first were released. The cases alone are cool and I've always wondered why they still don't use them. Anyway, here a link to one of the auction, and you can get to the others from there.
EBAY AUTION

I hate to part with these, since Ive had them since they were initially issued but I need some $$$ for bills. I'll of course be replacing them with newer mass produced versions... can't be without them.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 25, 2005 14:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He Schroeder, this sucks. Isn't there any other way you can solve this problem?

Selling your cd stuff must really suck. If it sucks as much as it sucked when i sold all of my vinyl then it really really sucks.

I sold all of it to get money for some kind of addiction i used to have......

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 25, 2005 17:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not so bad since I'm not a hardcore Slayer or Mercyful Fate collector, and I can easily replace these items with cheaper remastered and extended versions that have been released. I figure this is a way to get some of my rare items to collectors that would appreciate them and make a few dollars also. If I have to start selling my only copies of Voivod, Porcupine Tree, King Crimso, or Pearl Jam rarities... that's when it would SUCK.

I'm trying to let go a bit of how wrapped up in my collection I've been for so many years, and try to focus on moving on ... kinda like a cleansing of sorts.

Don't think for a second however, that I'm going to stop collecting. Just certain items that I can replace that don't mean as much to me now. I had to sell a ton of my vinyl years ago when I was married and my wife wasn't making any money... THAT HURT... especially now that we're divorced. Lots of rare items I've had for many years got sold. You do what you have to do sometimes.

I've had a hard time just getting rid of shitty cds that I don't even listen to, just because they were in my collection... STUPID, huh? I guess I've looked at my collection differntly since being divorced, which is something I shoulda done when I was married. Also the fact that when you have over 6600 cds, you have to do something to make room for more. One major hurdle I had to get over was trying not to be so anal about my collection, and knowing exactly how many cds I had, instead of just collecting them and enjoying them. I'm one weird dude when it comes to my collections.

I think my session is over... time to get off the shrinks couch and finish watching a movie.

NW: What Dreams May Come

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2005 20:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BMG is having a buy one get 3 free, so I scooped up on MELISSA and DON'T BREAK THE OATH both remastered and extra tracks to replace the 2 I'll be selling. BMG doesn't carry Slayer... damn shame I'll have to hunt those down at my local store or online.

NP: SLAYER - SHOW NO MERCY one last time before it's not mine

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2005 14:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Keep in mind that all "new" versions of "Show no mercy" don't have Aggressive Perfector on them.
Does anybody know what's the history of this song? It's been on-and-off the SNM and HTC releases so many times, it kept moving from side to side of SNM LPs..... What's the deal?

I think because that is the song that was on one of the Metal Massacre comps....Just a guess!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2005 22:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the warning about Agressive Perfector. I'll have to make a cdr of this version before it gets sold, in case I don't get a cd with it on there.

--------------------

yawn

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 28, 2005 17:08     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't feel bad- I just sold ALL my Slayer vinyl picture discs on ebay! Tho' I did get $127.50 for Hell Awaits. That eased the pain a bit. Tho' ONLY a bit!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 28, 2005 20:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems the SLAYER cds are going to do fairly well on Ebay, and hopefully there will ba some last minute bids to get the prices up higher. No bids on the Mercyful Fate but that can always change right before the auction ends.

The very first item I sold on Ebay was an original copy of MF's Nuns Have No Fun, which I purchased for about $7 when it came out, and on Ebay years ago it ended up going for aroung $175.00.

I'll be going thru my vinyl and seeing what I have that I could part with that could bring in some $$$$.

--------------------

yawn

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 28, 2005 22:04     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
>The very first item I sold on Ebay was an original copy of MF's Nuns Have No Fun, which I purchased for about $7 when it came out, and on Ebay years ago it ended up going for aroung $175.00.

Yeah, me, too, the one on Rave On Records, right? Don't think mine fetched that much! The most I ever got for my vinyl was $238.51 for Bathory's first album. That kind of surprised me!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 30, 2005 12:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I'm happy by the outcame of the auction:
Hell Awaits - $71
Dont Break the Oath - $42
Show No Mercy - $106
Melissa - $55
Steve Wilson Cover Version 1 - $73

I can pay the mortgage and maybe eat lunch .. or buy more cds

--------------------

yawn

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted October 31, 2005 13:08     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just saw that Roadrunner released a 20 some odd year anniversary edition of Melissa.

That really fucked with me.

Could Melissa have come out that long ago?

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 01, 2005 10:18     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:
I just saw that Roadrunner released a 20 some odd year anniversary edition of Melissa.

That really fucked with me.

Could Melissa have come out that long ago?

Sounds about right. Wasn't Kill 'Em All 22 years ago?? Ouch...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 01, 2005 11:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacque Luminous:

Sounds about right. Wasn't Kill 'Em All 22 years ago?? Ouch...

Were just a bunch of old farts...

--------------------

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 03, 2005 22:13     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Were just a bunch of old farts...

That's DEAF old farts with good taste in music!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 03, 2005 23:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacque Luminous:

That's DEAF old farts with good taste in music!

What did you say?

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan