my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 10 OVERrated - 10 UNDERrated albums (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: 10 OVERrated - 10 UNDERrated albums
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 06, 2005 22:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Overrated? Anything ever recorded by Led Zeppelin. Absolute shite. Sloppy guitar playing, awful singing...blah. People go fucking ga-ga over this second rate blues rock band calling them innovators and such. Bullshit. They were sub-par musicians who got lucky coz people were sick of the hippy shit in the '60's.

Rant over. If you wish to flame me for this, fuck you. If you have a contrary position to this, then you are wrong and must change your misguided ways.

I do agree with some things you said. Overrated? Sure. Sub-par musicians? I think at least Bonham doesn't deserve this categorization. But I have props for hating Page and Plant.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 07, 2005 09:38     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, not to turn this into a Zep forum, but, when I saw them, Bonham AND John Paul Jones were the TRUE stars! Much like when I saw The Who around the same time ('75) the ones to really watch were Entwistle & Moon!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 07, 2005 10:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the most overrated things about Zeppelin is Bonham! There were many drummers at the time who were way better than him (Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, Ian Paice).
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 08, 2005 13:47     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
One of the most overrated things about Zeppelin is Bonham! There were many drummers at the time who were way better than him (Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, Ian Paice).

Not to mention Carl Palmer and, possibly, Neal Smith...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 14, 2005 10:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That doesn't make him a bad drummer all of a sudden. Not the best, okay, but still a great drummer.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 14, 2005 10:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
That doesn't make him a bad drummer all of a sudden. Not the best, okay, but still a great drummer.

Just like P.Criss?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan