my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Emperor to reform?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emperor to reform?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 01, 2005 03:39     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who knows, but they're playing Wacken 2006, and so I hear, the Inferno festival as well. Suffice to say, I welcome this news.

"Emperor’s return!
Greetings, metalheads of the world! We are proud to announce that Emperor will headline Wacken open-air 2006. Join us, as we re-enter the nightside to chant anthems of equilibrium, fire and demise!

Emperial regards,
Ihsahn, Samoth and Trym"

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 01, 2005 10:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I admire Emperor a lot. Especially for their last two albums. But I can't listen to it for more than 2 or 3 songs. For some reason..I'm not sure why..like the pitch or something disturbs the hell out of my eardrums.
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted October 01, 2005 11:11     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had a chance to see them live back in 99 at the MTL metal fest...that was quite a show !! even if samoth wasent there...ishan is a great guitar player and did the job all by himself !!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 01, 2005 13:48     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ihsahn's band Peccatum are worth checking out if you like slightly off the wall music. A little bit like Ulver (who are also great) meets the bombastic bits of Emperor, but with a female vocalist (his wife).

I like Emperor a lot. In the Nightside Eclipse is probably my favourite, but I like Prometheus very much as well.

Ihsahn is a better guitarist than Samoth.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 01, 2005 16:22     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Several photos of EMPEROR's surprise performance at Scream's 15-year anniversary party at Oslo, Norway's Rockefeller Friday night (Sept. 30) have been posted online at this location (all photos were taken by EMPEROR guitarist Samoth's wife Erin).

EMPEROR reunited after four years to play a surprise three-song set at Scream's anniversary event. Samoth told producer Patrizia Mazzuoccolo of the Norwegian metal radio show "Tinitus" that last night's performance was "a short teaser that we are using to announce full headline shows we are doing next year. This is a cooler way of announcing them instead of telling people through our web site." It was announced last night after the band's set that EMPEROR will headline the Inferno festival and Wacken Open Air next year.

The illustrious black metal band, whose split in 2001 took the scene by surprise, performed three tracks — "The Loss And Curse Of Reverence", "I Am The Black Wizards", "Inno A Satana" — and received a rapturous welcome by an ecstatic crowd. An exclusive brand-new interview with EMPEROR (conducted in English) will be aired on "Tinitus" on Wednesday, October 5 on Norwegian national radio channel P3. "Tinitus" is on every Wednesday from 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) to 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) on P3. The show is also available on the Internet: [URL=http://www.nrk.no/tinitus[/URL]

]
http://photobucket.com/albums/y196/xmetalerinx/

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 01, 2005 23:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope so, they're too good to not be around.

Aaah, ye good ole Black Metal...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 02, 2005 08:01     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best news in a while. And Ihsahn's looking less emo, too.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan