my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What have you done for Voivod? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: What have you done for Voivod?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2005 07:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Actually, I take that back, I did it for the fans.

and all of us that came over know why, and thank you. it quickly became, and is still the best damn place to go online

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 02, 2005 09:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always take my t-shirts to where ever i go. Look: Voivod-shirt in Turkey.... Standing before a mosk

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 02, 2005 18:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my handwriting has mimicked Aways style since the 80s and still going strong.

i had a funny haircut for a few years.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 03, 2005 09:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
I recorded all the instruments and sang on all their albums. There, I finally said it. Voivod is a hoax. They're metal's Milli Vanilli.

Well, not actually, but I bought all the albums. That's a lot of money, since the great majority of them are imports, so that means something.

For a moment i believed you, you know, because of all the experience you have recording all instruments on Richard Marx albums. Richard Marx IS actually Slaytanic. And BTW I really dig your side-project "Slayer".

Funnily enough, Voivod albums are imports here in Québec as well! Isn't that something?

BTW Paul: only one word comes to mind: BADASSSSSS!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 03, 2005 13:06     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
BTW I really dig your side-project "Slayer".

Yeah, I've always dug that one too. Those jerks you got doing your music as your touring band are dicks though. Especially that Kerry King guy.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 03, 2005 13:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Yeah, I've always dug that one too. Those jerks you got doing your music as your touring band are dicks though. Especially that Kerry King guy.

Hahah...totally agree there.

BTW, I haven't done a damn thing for VoiVod.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 05, 2005 00:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've nothing to do with those guys. I leave the hired-gun picking to my manager.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted October 05, 2005 07:20     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tried to spread the voivod's word among my friends......
and my new e-mail address recalls voivod...

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 05, 2005 10:36     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I've nothing to do with those guys. I leave the hired-gun picking to my manager.

Not happy with MY choice? Way back in 85, I first thought Warren - the guy from Ratt, could EASILY do the job instead of Jeff Hanneman - but he said he wouldn't dyed his hair whatever the price, and that there isn't enuff girls at the shows... What could I say? As for the drummer, Tommy from Destruction... He was (is?) such a BAD drummer, I laughed my a** off at the audition. I could go on and on and on and on... You're the best anyway. If only you could use a strap to hold your guitar on stage, the stage wouldn't be so bad of an experience.

Just kidding.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted October 06, 2005 17:10     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't take this stuff to be bragging, it's not meant to be, but since you asked here is what I have done (or tried to do) for Voivod.

I put together and promoted a a bill that was a warm up show for them opening for Motorhead. That ended up being their first reunion show with Snake in the band. I think some people from this message board were there. I thank everyone that came. The crowd wasn't huge, but it was a lot of fun and the band seemed to enjoy it.

I fought tooth and nail to try and have their s/t album come out in Canada on the label I work at and it almost happened, although Jason's people opted for Universal in the end.

I've bought every album they have ever released, every era, even when I got a promo copy of it beforehand, just to support.

I've written about them as many times as I've had the chance to for the publications I write for, and will be reviewing the new DVD later this week for Exclaim!, since my wife says it arrived in the mail today!

I've loved Voivod since I first heard them in 1985 when I was 13. I grew up with them, have seen them many times and even started to get to know a few of them over the years, enough to say hi at least. They will be one of my faves for the rest of my life.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 06, 2005 19:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But do you really like their music Sean?

Just joking. Awesome list of what you have done and tried to do.

--------------------

yawn

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted October 06, 2005 21:15     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh, it's okay.

They're my favourite Canadian metal band of all time and one of my top 10 fave bands of all time too

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 06, 2005 22:06     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
Not happy with MY choice? Way back in 85, I first thought Warren - the guy from Ratt, could EASILY do the job instead of Jeff Hanneman - but he said he wouldn't dyed his hair whatever the price, and that there isn't enuff girls at the shows... What could I say? As for the drummer, Tommy from Destruction... He was (is?) such a BAD drummer, I laughed my a** off at the audition. I could go on and on and on and on... You're the best anyway. If only you could use a strap to hold your guitar on stage, the stage wouldn't be so bad of an experience.

Just kidding.

Let's get things clear: by stating "just kidding", are you trying to say I'm NOT the best?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 06, 2005 23:21     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Let's get things clear: by stating "just kidding", are you trying to say I'm NOT the best?

Naahh!!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 08, 2005 03:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod has done trillions more than I have done for them!

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 08, 2005 10:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I liked the first couple of tape-only demos but I sort of went off them when they sold out and released a real LP.

(switches off elite-fan mode)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted October 10, 2005 04:34     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...all what i can do....
visit every show since 1986 (first was with Deathrow+Possessed!!!) bought all Stuff what i could find(and more) and i'll try to meet them, and i met them
Satisfied???

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 10, 2005 13:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diamanda:
...all what i can do....
visit every show since 1986 (first was with Deathrow+Possessed!!!) bought all Stuff what i could find(and more) and i'll try to meet them, and i met them
Satisfied???

fuckyeahhhh..

--------------------

glauco
VoivodFan
Member # 565

posted October 13, 2005 09:13     Profile for glauco   Email glauco     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really few things... I've got all the cd, all the vinyl album, I saw the only one concert they did here in Italy, some shirt but above all Brain Scan cover on our first demo-cd... and of course (but we have not yet realized) the Voivod Tribute album that will be out after winter.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/n3on/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 13, 2005 10:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm feeling guilty. I guess I should finally go out and buy Negatron.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2005 23:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I'm feeling guilty. I guess I should finally go out and buy Negatron.

DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD, and don't come back until you do

--------------------

yawn

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted October 14, 2005 02:42     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD, and don't come back until you do

Damn Right!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted October 15, 2005 21:21     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i bought a bunch of their shit and whenever someone asked who my favorite band was i said voivod.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 16, 2005 10:05     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listening and thouroughly enjoying their music. Trying to force my opinion on others. Killing everyone who doesn't agree.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan