my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What have you done for Voivod? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What have you done for Voivod?
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 30, 2005 03:21     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only wrote or carved their name on several tables of my university and on some of a court house.
 |  IP: Logged
goijra
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 685

posted September 30, 2005 04:15     Profile for goijra   Email goijra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod suggest the notes every time I play my bass...
There's an alterate chord inside everyone!

--------------------

why do I dream of kites?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 30, 2005 06:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i am one of the people who inked Voivod on their body (i mean my own). But also i always use "Voivod-like" Passwords for my computer such as: Phobos or Voivodian

I also wore Voivod t-shirts at the moment wy two sons MILLE and GIYAN were born. I have nice shots cutting them loose from their mommy wearing a VOIVOD - shirt.

enough??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 30, 2005 07:51       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Loved them-for 20 years and spent atleast a thousand bucks on their merch. not to mention several hundred dollars just this year.

IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 30, 2005 07:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obtained some Voivod albums (in record shops) using money. Those were the days, eh?

Bought the bass player a Guinness, then stole his chips.

One wall in my old bedroom was dedicated to Voivod, but since they didn't appear in magazines very often this looked a bit, uh, spread out.

Oh yeah and had that stupid haircut for 11 years.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted September 30, 2005 08:05     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well nothing really special, except buying their album, screaming like a pig at the only show I saw them, trying to addict more and more peoples to their music and playing (or at least trying to play) some really VOIVOD influenced riffs

--------------------

My sky is black today

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 30, 2005 08:35     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I made a website. Loaded it with rare info, pics, demos and vids. Someday they may appreciate it.
http://www.voivodfan.com

WE do.

Manipulator asked me to design a t-shirt for the Iron Gang back in 1988 which I did. They never ended up selling it, and I don't even know if I still have the picture lying around. If I do, I ought to scan it and give all of you fine folks some chuckles.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 30, 2005 09:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I made a website. Loaded it with rare info, pics, demos and vids. Someday they may appreciate it.
http://www.voivodfan.com

Hehehehehe we definately appreciate it even if they don't.
Erm.. 2 tattoos, buying all the albums etc rather than thieving 'em, believe me, I do not do this for any other bands, ahaha! ... Making everyone I know listen to 'em ... thieving ideas for artwork.. stealing posters from gigs.. hmmm .. making a cunt of myself shouting out wrong song titles at gigs, making stupid fuckwitted attempt to chat up guitarist, & putting up with abuse & shit from stupid fuckwits whenever I go to gigs for nearly 10 years following said stupid failed fuckwitted attempt.
Oh yeah & putting my safety at risk by wearing their fucking shirts, seeing as the London witch-hunt twat brigade tend to pick fights with me when I wear 'em.
Damn, I'm such a cunt & I really should be shot.
Oh yeah made this cuddly toy when I was about 15. It's crap I know! hehe.

--------------------

String em up

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 30, 2005 09:51     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I spreaded the word with all the people who know me (every one know what Voivod is and many heard their music) and use the name of the songs for almost every thing it require a username, nickname, name of the workgroup or computer in a network, password, teams in local torneo etc.

I draw at least 6 or 7 shirt and many pages of my school diary with this weird logos who took me countless hours of painting, but made me extremely proud when I show it...

I use a Voivod image for every thing customizable (desktop wallpaper, phone desktop, avatars etc.).

I made a website entirely dedicated to their artworks and some desktop wallpapers and sceensavers (2 of which were included in the remastered version of War and Pain); I saw a post in the official Iron gang forum where a member said that Piggy liked very much the multivese screensaver,I asked but the guy never answered me if this was true.

And 2 years ago at the age of 33 almost for joke with my friend I started to take lessons of guitar (I never said it here because of the many professional musicians...) for the only pourpose to play some Voivod covers.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 30, 2005 09:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What, is this the "I'm a better fan than you" thread?

I gave 'em alot of my time. Nuff said.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 30, 2005 10:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

I gave 'em alot of my time. Nuff said.

It is about how deep your love for Voivod is and what you've done with that over the years. It has nothing to do with any kind of competition.

--------------------

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted September 30, 2005 11:23     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
I spreaded the word with all the people who know me (every one know what Voivod is and many heard their music) and use the name of the songs for almost every thing it require a username, nickname, name of the workgroup or computer in a network, password, teams in local torneo etc.

Exactly the same here... I wear my T-Shirts every time it have some visibility (shows, cameras, etc.)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 30, 2005 12:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Yeh! Hehehehe.

--------------------

String em up

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 30, 2005 15:17     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've bought all their cds, and I listen to them. Frequently. And with great pleasure.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 30, 2005 15:30     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, let's se...I bought every one of their CDs (and most of the LPs and a few casettes too), I saw them live twice and shared my weed with them, and I've spread the good word and also told everyone I know that if they don't listen to Voivod they're fuckin' pussies and aren't worthy to be in my esteemed company.

Oh, and I'm getting a tattoo of the skull from the side of the machine on the Rrroooaaarrr cover. I'm just finishing the drawing up now in fact. As soon as I have some $$$ I'm gettin' inked!

I think that's quite a bit actually.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted September 30, 2005 15:44     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wrote a long-winded out of date biography of them on the "other" Voivod site.

And I think I've turned on a few hundred people to the band just by spreading the word for so damn long.

In most of Portland, when Voivod comes up, so do I.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 30, 2005 16:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not because i tried to make new friends here i bought the albums that's for damn sure. What's that noise? was the usual reaction.

I have made a lot of new friends thanks to them lately though

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 30, 2005 18:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm waiting for member #2 to answer this. hahahaaa!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 30, 2005 20:08     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

Hello Nia!...speaking of which, this may sound as an absurd question to ask, nevertheless, but I'll ask it now: Are you and Blacky actually an item? I've always wondered this, but never had the will to ask....well, until now..I've had a couple o' beers!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 30, 2005 20:11     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

Faudrait qu'il commence à rédiger cela dès maintenant!
(He should start right now!)

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 30, 2005 23:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I PREACH THE VOIVOD GOSPEL ON A DAILY BASIS, AND SPREAD THE SOUNDS OF THE MORGOTH CHOIR AS FAR AS THE SOUND WAVES WILL CARRY THEM

Given the band lots of money for their music and merchandise. Wear my shirts to work and running as soon as they come out of the wash.

Puchased Jean Yves cool post VV recordings, which are phenomenal (thanks Blacky).

Sacrificed small insects for the VOIVOD GODS.

I'll have to check out that web site Warcorpse is talking about when I get time.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 01, 2005 00:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:

Hello Nia!...speaking of which, this may sound as an absurd question to ask, nevertheless, but I'll ask it now: Are you and Blacky actually an item? I've always wondered this, but never had the will to ask....well, until now..I've had a couple o' beers!

I've always wondered the same thing ......But Cloud, truth be told, Blacky is actually Nia's grandfather.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 01, 2005 04:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If buying an album and trying to listen to it 'just to give it another chance because I love this band' even though you thought it was utter shit the first 50 times makes you a above-and-beyond-reason-and-sense fan, then I'm probably more a fan of Caberet Voltaire than Voivod.

Blacky is Nia's Grandad? I guess that makes sense. When they get to a certain age the younger generation have to take control, while the oldtimer gets to act like a toddler again. It must have been drinking all that red-lake water back in the 1920's when he was a boy.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 01, 2005 04:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Blacky is actually Nia's grandfather.

Well if that's the case then, he should stop "molesting" her 'cause I'm calling the cops!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 01, 2005 23:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
What have you done for Voivod?

I recorded all the instruments and sang on all their albums. There, I finally said it. Voivod is a hoax. They're metal's Milli Vanilli.

Well, not actually, but I bought all the albums. That's a lot of money, since the great majority of them are imports, so that means something.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan