next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over'
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 25, 2005 10:07       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over' - Sep. 25, 2005

In a brand-new interview with Revolver magazine — his first since being "replaced" as the voice of ANTHRAX by his predecessor, Joey Belladonna — vocalist John Bush confirmed that the original idea for the band's current reunion trek was to bring both Belladonna and Bush on tour, as ANTHRAX had planned in 2000, but Bush wasn't interested. "At one time, I had been willing to tour with Joey, but now everything is different," Bush says. "It just wasn't in my heart. I figured I had been in this band 12 and a half years, and we felt positive about what we had done, and we all thought our last album, 'We've Come for You All', was the best record we'd made together. So I just wanted to move forward and do another album."

Bush's refusal to take part in the tour complicates his relationship with the band. He's still officially a member of ANTHRAX, but he's not on retainer and hasn't been given a date to report back to duty. In addition, ANTHRAX released two albums in September, neither of which involved Bush; a double-disc collection of their studio songs with Belladonna, 'Anthrology', and a live album of the reunion tour, 'Alive 2'. In Bush's mind, that doesn't bode well.

"The idea of this reunion tour was to generate a bunch of enthusiasm for the band. But if they get people excited, they're going to want a new record, so they're going to follow up with a new album with Joey," Bush says. "So for me, I look at it as it's over. The last thing I want to do is say, 'Hey, I'll be here if you want me.'"

Strangely, ANTHRAX haven't actually committed to a new CD with Belladonna, which is trying for the man who rode with them to their greatest heights in the Eighties.

"I can't even begin to understand how this all works," Belladonna says. "People are all worried about Bush not being here. I know for a fact he wasn't booted out. I was. I had to go. I had no choice. But the minute I start thinking about stuff like that, I'm not getting anywhere. Right now, I'm just doing the best job I can, and That's what I'm focused on. But I'm not just here for a temporary run. I'm ready for the ride."

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 25, 2005 19:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK

I had a feeling this might happen.
Reunions are good for nostalgic reasons but it can also screw things up when you are talking about an active band that had evolved from where it was 15+ years ago.

you all know how I feel about Bush... so I won't state my case again
fuck it: BUSH improved that band they way Belladonna did when he replace Neil Turbin.. he gave them new life and a distinct sound

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 25, 2005 19:48       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah,i thought the last album they did with Bush was the best they've ever done.Which is surprising for me because i hated everything they've done with Bush up to the last one.
IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 25, 2005 20:04     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lame.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Eddie
VoivodFan
Member # 627

posted September 26, 2005 00:02     Profile for Eddie   Email Eddie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... maybe WCFYA is the best album that Anthrax made with John Bush, but in my ears, nothing after Sound of White Noise doesn`t even come close to quality of Turbin/Joey era.
All three of them are great, Anthrax really had a distinct sound in every lineup, but personaly, my fave is Turbin, then Joey.

For me it`s always the same with every great band breakups...The earlier - the better.
It` s closer to the core, to the first idea and vibe that band wanted to spread out.
Original good chemistry is always better then any replacement. Amen.

At least, it`s just how I get it

P.S. All this reunion swaping can sound a bit "dirty" to some, but personaly I don`t know any of Anthrax guys so I won`t speculate about the reasons they reunited...it`s just their thing.

Musically, I`m very satisfied with this lineup.

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted September 26, 2005 05:01     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm agree, with Bush Anthrax were very interesting but people seem loving more Belladonna so, businessly speaking, the idea of a disc with Joey is the right choice for the band.
As a matter of personal taste I prefer Joey's clean voice, but I recognise the great work Bush did on the last albums.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 26, 2005 11:02     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Anthrax would have been better off without this reunion tour. Their new sound with Bush is great and they are just as heavy now as they ever were.

Maybe now we'll get a new Armored Saint album?

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 26, 2005 11:55     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
I think Anthrax would have been better off without this reunion tour. Their new sound with Bush is great and they are just as heavy now as they ever were.

Maybe now we'll get a new Armored Saint album?

Again, produced by Michael Jackson?

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 26, 2005 13:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would be curious to hear what tehy would create if Belladonna stayed on board, and I will of course purchase whatever they do. I'm a bit put off with the Belladonna thing mainly because of the CRAP he released as a so-low artist after he got booted out of the band.

I thought Bush and 'Thrax were a perfect combination and VOLUME 8 - THE THREAT IS REAL is one of my fav all time Anthrax album. It's fun, heavy, brutal, tongue in cheek, grooves, moves, slices, and dices.

I'm also curious to hear what Bush puts out if he desides to do something on his own. I'd almost rather hear him release a project rather than reform Armoured Saint. Don't get me wrong, I love AR and have all their albums, but to hear JB sing with a bunch of guys (different guitarists, drummers, bassist) would be cool.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 26, 2005 18:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just fucking stoked (that) Danny Spitz is back. Guy made me pick up a guitar in the first place. His fault. Fuck everyone.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 26, 2005 18:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just heard "Alive 2", the new live cd with Belladonna..... yuck. I'm sorry but that guy doesnt hold a candle to Bush's vocal abilities. God, Belladonna sucks. The atrocity that is "Caught In a Mosh" on the live album has to be heard to be believed.

"Music of Mass Destruction" was a helluva lot better.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 26, 2005 19:30     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
every time i read this thread title, i think of a Valtrex commercial, hahaha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 27, 2005 00:10     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been rocking the live dvd the past two days and it rocks really goodly. The old songs still sound great and although I haven't heard much of the newer stuff with J. Bush, I prefer his voice over Belladonna's. He, Be'donna, still has the funny perm! hahaaha! He doesn't sing as well as he did on the albums, obviously age has taken its toll on his vox. Still, a fun dvd to re-live the 80's!
'Among the Living' is still a killer album all the way thru.
I guess it's time to rock the dvd to sleep...

g'night y'all.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 28, 2005 00:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even though Among the Living is my favourite Anthrax album, I like the John Bush era far better than Belladona. That's a shame, hope at least Anthrax get the money they so eagerly want.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 28, 2005 01:07     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Customers who bought this title also bought:

1.) Body Count - Body Count
2.) Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
3.) MC Hammer - Greatest Hits
4.) Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell (Deluxe Expanded Edition)

thats fucking odd.. my amazon must be broken !

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 28, 2005 05:28     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with Schroeder and Slaytanic, and most of the people here:

this looks like their worst move EVER...
Ridiculous.

I really like Stomp 442, Volume 8 and (especially) WCFYA, and I'm looking forward to any new release by John Bush - solo or Armored!

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted September 28, 2005 05:30     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Customers who bought this title also bought:

1.) Body Count - Body Count
2.) Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
3.) MC Hammer - Greatest Hits
4.) Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell (Deluxe Expanded Edition)

thats fucking odd.. my amazon must be broken !

ahahahah, perhaps it is for the "Bring The noize Tour" they made in early 90's with Public Enemy. I'm not an hip-hop fan but I've seen that concert and it was not bad at all!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2005 08:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
and if Saint does reform, what does Fates Warning do about a bassist?

a damn good reason for the Saint NOT to reform.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan