my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dir Kreuzen cover and cover songs !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dir Kreuzen cover and cover songs !
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted September 19, 2005 15:21     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi
Did you checked this track available on the other site ?
I've downloaded a few weeks ago just after Piggy left us, and I found this song really excellent.

I've then just noticed that VOIVOD didn't recorded a lot of covers... they played a few live, but they didn't recorded so much

Would ve ben nice to have a list of cover played and recorded by VOIVOD ...

|  IP: Logged
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted September 22, 2005 03:15     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK
I started with infos that I have

- Astronomy Domine from Pink Floyd (The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn 1967) on the Nothingface album, a live version is on the Kronik collection.
- The Nile Song from Pink Floyd (More 1969) on the Outer Limits album.
- 21st century schizoid from King Crimson (In the court of the Crimson King 1969)on the Phobos album

- In League with Satan from Venom on the Gun record Venom Tribute In the Name of Satan (who is singing on this title ??).

some other covers were made but never published here they are :
- Holiday in Combodia from the Dead Kenedys is played live sometimes
- Revolution #9 from The Beatles recorded during the Nothingface session
- You drive me nervous from Alice Cooper during The angel Rat session
-Chemical Warfare from Slayer & Witching Hour from at their beginig in 1984with others stuff from Tank, Raven etc..
- Electric Funeral from Black Sabbath just when Eric join the band..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 22, 2005 06:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He there,

i have this bootleg CD from their first show in 83. It has, correct me if i'm wrong, about 15 coversongs.

Motorhead
Slayer
Venom
Judas Priest

are on it for sure.
Also Voivod plays "Voivod" twice, Blower and i believe another Voivod song.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 22, 2005 07:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you're correct Paul
VOIVOD's first gig June 25 1983
here's the set list from the cdr I have:
Voivod - voivod
venom - black metal
tank - struck by lightning
sweet savage - eye of the storm
venom - angel dust
motorhead - ace of spades
venom - witching hour
raven - chainsaw
voivod - condemned to the gallows
judas priest - rapid fire
motorhead - heart of stone
venom - leave me in hell
4+2 - treason
sweet savage - killing time
motorhead - stay clean
venom - welcome to hell
voivod - blower
judas priest - steeler
budgie - gunslinger
motorhead - stone dead forever
voivod - voivod

*bonus track "anomolies"

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 22, 2005 07:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Stooges' "Search and Destroy" was played on some shows on the Nothingface tour. There's a video of that (provided by me, encoded by X-D) right here on vvf.

The story was that they were asked to record it for the Pump Up the Volume movie soundtrack, but that deal ended up going belly-up.

PeteScald
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 616

posted September 22, 2005 07:34     Profile for PeteScald   Email PeteScald     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an mpeg of them playing 'search and destroy' by Iggy and the Stooges live

--------------------

Personal:
http://myspace.com/petescald

Band:
http://myspace.com/scald

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 22, 2005 10:16     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't they have done another cover: BATMAN.

I like this version, but I have the feeling the majority here dislike it. Is that right? As I called out loud for that song when Voivod played live, everybody near me looked like I had commited a sacrileg.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 22, 2005 10:18     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget Captain Scarlett!
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 22, 2005 10:29     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What? Captain Scarlett? No. First time, I hear from that cover. When was it recorded? Studio or live?

I googled it was on a Compilation called FlashBack.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 22, 2005 10:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They also played (and recorded) Motorhead's Ace Of Spades with Fritz from Northern Vultures back in 1986-87.

And again, they played the Sabbath's Supernaut and the Bauhaus song In The Flat Field at a 1994 Chicago gig (one of, if not the last show before Snake left).

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted September 22, 2005 10:47     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
What? Captain Scarlett? No. First time, I hear from that cover. When was it recorded? Studio or live?

I googled it was on a Compilation called FlashBack.

Yes this track is available on the "other side" in mp3

About "batman" .. you're right, I don't like this cover .. it has nothing to do with the super high quality of "Dimension hatross"

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 22, 2005 10:56     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks VsGreg, I found it on the other side, but it's only a sample.
It sounds great. Does anyone have a complete mp3?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 24, 2005 14:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nobody mentioned Ave Maria? by Snake?
Not really a Voivod cover i think...

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 24, 2005 14:35     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can somone post Bauhaus song In The Flat Field live by Voivod please ...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 25, 2005 22:08     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
They also played (and recorded) Motorhead's Ace Of Spades with Fritz from Northern Vultures back in 1986-87.

And again, they played the Sabbath's Supernaut and the Bauhaus song In The Flat Field at a 1994 Chicago gig (one of, if not the last show before Snake left).

Do you know if that show was at the Metro? It was about the only local show I ever missed. It was some sort of promo tour with several other bands so they didn't play a full set. Might be the same show yer talking about...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 27, 2005 05:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Robert - I can't find your email address. Get in touch and I'll sort you out.
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 27, 2005 16:44     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan