my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » PEARL JAM Dedicate Song To Late VOIVOD Guitarist

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PEARL JAM Dedicate Song To Late VOIVOD Guitarist
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 16, 2005 08:46       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PEARL JAM Dedicate Song To Late VOIVOD Guitarist - Sep. 16, 2005

PEARL JAM dedicated the song "Porch" at their Montreal gig on Thursday (September 15) to late VOIVOD guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, who died Aug. 26 from complications of colon cancer. The track was introduced by PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder, who pointed out that PEARL JAM drummer Matt Cameron (ex-SOUNDGARDEN) knew Piggy personally because SOUNDGARDEN had toured with VOIVOD in 1990. As PEARL JAM were leaving the stage at last night's concert, which took place at Bell Centre, PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready shouted into the mic, "To Piggy!"

IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 16, 2005 08:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's kinda cool! (Even tho I'm not a big fan...)
 |  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 16, 2005 09:17     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. Touching.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 16, 2005 12:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd say that's cool. Also, considering they, or specific members are also fans of Mark Eitzel and American Music Club.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 16, 2005 13:16     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice. blacky has some funny backstage video of soundgarden during their soundcheck on that tour.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 16, 2005 13:33     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wondered about Soundgarden's thoughts on the passing of Piggy.

One of my fondest memories of that tour was cruising down the road singing, "Down, down far underground prime spot. Sound, sound ten thousand mounds..." etc, with Matt Cameron....and watching Away eat a piece of frozen cheese cake....and watching Voivod do soundcheck....damn, I wish we had thought to bring a camera back then.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 16, 2005 15:59     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of both bands. For some reason, it's always a cool thing when great bands pay respect to other great bands in public. Especially when there's no obvious genre connection.

Very cool of Pearl Jam to acknowledge the great Piggy!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 16, 2005 22:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as you all know I am a mega huge PEARL JAM fanatic. The guys are just some of the most down to earth people and never act like they are stars or above anybody.... huh, just like that Canadian band... who are they... oh yeah, VOIVOD.

Just a bunch of guys who play music and are music fans.

Nice to hear about PJ giving a shout out to DENIS.

--------------------

yawn

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted September 18, 2005 22:12     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Class.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 19, 2005 22:47     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
I wondered about Soundgarden's thoughts on the passing of Piggy.

One of my fondest memories of that tour was cruising down the road singing, "Down, down far underground prime spot. Sound, sound ten thousand mounds..." etc, with Matt Cameron....and watching Away eat a piece of frozen cheese cake....and watching Voivod do soundcheck....damn, I wish we had thought to bring a camera back then.

You were cruisin' down the road singin' with Matt C.?

I also remember the cheesecake and the fukin' great soundcheck!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan