my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » GiganTHRAX

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GiganTHRAX
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 12, 2005 02:36     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or Anthratour....or Jesus, Anthrax rocked....or holy fucking shit - ANTHRAX FUCKING KICKED MY ASS!!!

Wow. Amazing. Fuck. Fuck they were amazing.

Fuck! That's all I can say is FUCK!

Fucking awesome!

Sorry but, MegaWHO?!?!?

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 12, 2005 05:00     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahaha....good for you hypagrrrrrrrrrrrll! I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, I wasn't expecting them to pull anything special but they sure kicked ass

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 12, 2005 09:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, How do you REALLY feel about Anthrax's performance ?

It's been way to long since I've seen Anthrax, but honestly I would like to see them with John Bush, instead of Joey this time.

They are still doing the reunion thing aren't they? I want a NEW original album with Bush. I see they are releasing a killer collection on cd and dvd in a few weeks.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 12, 2005 09:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe, that was a quick post hypergrrl...What did you think of Fear Factory?
That's awesome you had the chance to see Anthrax.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 12, 2005 10:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The one thing I remember from the Clash of the Titans was Anthrax's superior performance. Even Slayer looked weak compared to them.
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted September 12, 2005 10:22     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've seen anthrax last july in milan....man, they really kicked ass!!!!
Bello and Ian are animals on stage,they never stop moving,always thrashing around....and on Indians I gave the 5 to Belladonna...

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted September 12, 2005 10:29     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I saw them in June and it was fantastic !!!!

I was fucking tired before their show (even sleep behind the venue) and then they begin to play, then I was headbanging during all the show !!!!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 12, 2005 11:20     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! I knew it was the original lineup, but I didn't realize that they would only be playing old stuff. The "newest" was from "State of Euphoria" Antisocial. Everything else was from Fist Full of Metal, Spreading the Disease and Among the Living. Haha, they even played I'm the Man!!

(You can stone me now...) So the reason I'm excited is that that's the only Anthrax I know! Plus they really did kick some butt - they were having a blast on stage - and they had the crowd going the whole time. This is one band I don't recall ever seeing back in the day, so this made me feel like a teenager again and shit, it might as well have been the 80's with that set list!

Usually when you see a band like that with a long history, you never hear the old stuff. Very cool

Whispers to Luna: Fear Factory was good. Still not sold on them though.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 12, 2005 14:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing them with Priest next month. Never seen Anthrax live before.
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 12, 2005 15:12     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
That's all you need to know. Okay maybe get Persistence of Time. I've seen them three times, 86, 87, 88. This current tour sounds cool though. Hope they make a dvd.

Aw come on! The John Bush stuff is excellent.

I saw them on the Among tour in '87 with Metal Church. Excellent show.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted September 12, 2005 15:34     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah baby! I just caught the Giganthrax show in Vancouver! SWEET! I got two of the three shredded picks Dan Spitz threw into the audience.And they were doing some filming for DVD. Nice long set and I'm the Man was fantastic!They still got it live but Benante looked a little less than enthused. I got Priest Tickets but they bail off the tour just before Vancouver! AHHHH!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 12, 2005 22:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The John Bush era (the one that will hopefully keep making new music once this reunion is over) is WAY heavier than the Belladonna stuff. I certainly not cutting on the early music because I LOVE. I've always loved what Anthrax has done and I love how they have evolved into what they have become with John.

Joey is good, and the songs from back in the day are certainly timeless classick thrash/mash/metal, like no other... but John's voice just has POWER!!!! and I love the new material the boys have written on since JB stepped. They always try differnt stuff, and keep it fresh.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 13, 2005 18:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Joeythrax and Bushthrax are two completely different bands.

good point... both a great

kinda like apples and oranges, or Ozzy Sabbath vs Dio Sabbath both great but both very different because of one key ingredient

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan