my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » dodgy ol' Hypercube poster..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dodgy ol' Hypercube poster..
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 10, 2005 18:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Drew this when I was a teenager, this is the only photo I can find, as it got chucked out years back, along with some other Voivod posters I drew, unfortunately. (thanks mum.)I'll try to find some more old photos of them but haven't had a lot of luck so far. There was an Astronomy poster knocking about somewhere that's gone too.

& another bootleg shirt (sorry Away!!) - painted this when I was 15 or 16 I think, it's pretty knackered now.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 10, 2005 19:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goddammit, HV, can you try not being awesome at art for a change? Nice job.

It's always cool seeing and hearing all art and music people here have put together. It makes me as jealous as all hell, but it's great that there are so many gifted people in this community.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 10, 2005 21:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome copies HV... that shirt fuckin rawks big time!!!!

The last few days I've been trying to figure out what to design around my Disciple "knot" tattoo. I drew up an idea of having this 8 pointed sun ray coming off of it with this bubble design that disolves from that... but now I'm thinking of some kind of Voivod related mechanical metal thing that could be around the original tat. Maybe I'll post a couple of my sketches and get some feedback from you freaks

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 11, 2005 03:01     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is great stuff HV. Hurry up with the rest of it. We want to see it!
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted September 11, 2005 14:57     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are great HV!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 13, 2005 08:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers, I found a photo of the Astronomy poster, well half of it is in the picture anyway, i'll hopefully scan in soon & post it. Only pic I could find, sadly.

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 13, 2005 10:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HV, I LOVE that Hypercube poster! Very nice work. It saddens me to hear that it is no longer around...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 14, 2005 10:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, me too, it took forever, I made it using pencils & it was pretty big.
I will make myself sound like a whining teenager here, but my mother is a scumbag, & thankfully I have no more to do with her.
I had a couple of giant Maiden posters I drew, which took literally months, & she chucked them out also, along with some Voivod stuff. "Oh, you didn't want to keep that old rubbish.." apparantly.
The Astronomy poster is gone also, I can't find it. I'll put some more pics up soon anyway, need to get to a scanner

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 14, 2005 19:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the only person that is allowed to throw away art is the artist.

that suck HV to not have those anymore

you are one hell of a talented (and strange) gal... of course you already knew that

I would have bet money that the poster was airbrushed. damn fine work

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan