my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Statement from Jason re: Piggy?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Statement from Jason re: Piggy?
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 09, 2005 10:40     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't seen any mention of Jason throughout these sad days since the passing of Denis. I really don't mean to post this as some kind of shit-slinging towards him, as I'm sure he's devastated, but I'm just surprised to see nothing from him on any music sites. Maybe I just missed it, though...
 |  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 09, 2005 17:55     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
doesnt seem to be anything on Chophouse...

im sure he will issue a statement eventually, if he hasnt already.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted September 09, 2005 19:07     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just curious...was he present at the ceremony?

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 09, 2005 23:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted September 10, 2005 05:31     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
no

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 10, 2005 07:50     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think perhaps he couldn't make it because of the hurricane?
Poor guy must be devastated.
Hope he is ok.

--------------------

String em up

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted September 12, 2005 20:09     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ne0rC:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was?

I was there and he wasn't

Ghidra
VoivodFan
Member # 598

posted September 13, 2005 00:37     Profile for Ghidra   Email Ghidra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know the reason for why Jason wasn't at the ceremony, but what I do know is that there were many who wanted to be in attendance but couldn't.

It’s probably not worth singling him out of the entire bunch just because he might be an easier target for such criticism.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 13, 2005 08:46     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definately. Give the guy a break.

--------------------

String em up

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 13, 2005 09:55     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse says:

quote:
The most important thing is that he issue statements, condolences, support to family and friends of Piggy. I'm sure he did that privately. Any public statement is just that, a public statement. Speaking for myself, I don't need it.

That should close this topic. Period.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 13, 2005 09:57     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If Jason had made some big public statement about it, that would have been the only thing anyone heard. Jason Newsted, formerly of Metallica, blah, blah, blah...

I think he did the right thing, and I'm sure the next time he's interviewed he'll have many kind words to say.

john_mcc
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 660

posted September 13, 2005 10:40     Profile for john_mcc   Email john_mcc     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with that, and Jason has probably thought long and hard about whether he should make a statement or not. I think that his silence is more likely to be a mark of respect towards Blacky, Away, and Snake than anything else.

Making a statement is easy. It may well be harder for him to stay silent.

--------------------

http://metalmonk.co.uk/

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 13, 2005 12:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_mcc:
Making a statement is easy. It may well be harder for him to stay silent.

amen.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 13, 2005 18:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great point

I'm sure Jason is doing what he feels is best for the band and more importantly whats best for his friends. Those guys have a long history together, and he certainly wouldn't be using something like this for publicity, which would be in bad taste.

silence is golden... metal is forever

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 14, 2005 00:02     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Keep it heavy. Keep it golden! Keep it metal!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Kasstor
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 636

posted September 16, 2005 14:35     Profile for Kasstor   Email Kasstor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard through the grapevine that Jason chose not to go to the funeral to avoid creating a distraction. I don't know if he went to the wake.

Apparently, Jason paid for the whole thing.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 16, 2005 17:35     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chinese fuckin' whispers here.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 17, 2005 10:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Kasstor, if the grapevine is correct, that was a nice gesture of his. The kind of thing that makes me respect him even more.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan