my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted September 08, 2005 16:21     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Morgoth Invasion 2006
Date - Sept 8,9,10
Ruby Foo's Hotel - Montreal Quebec

I have been working with Mez on the details. We want it to be affordable, however the admission needs to cover all expenses, including a donation to the "Piggy Fund".

We will establish a fund in Piggy's name for cancer research and donate a portion of all profits to it. The rest would go towards the following year's convention, making it more affordable for the attendees.

Getting the complete IRON GANG together in one room to celebrate this amazing band would be the coolest thing ever.

WE ARE NOT ALONE

We will offer a discount for pre registration, I don't think any one of us has the money to lay out for deposits for the hotel. If we could get enough people to preregister there would be a savings on the rooms for the attendees and figure out what the interest would be.

I will let you guys know the details as soon as I get them.

I have already spoken to Cathy in the banquet sales dept of the hotel Ruby Foo's in Montreal.

She has given me prices and I have stayed in the hotel for a convention years ago.

I am also going to spread the word on this idea on .net sites to help build momentum.

We are looking for programming topics or suggestions.

Some of the ideas we have kicked around is a
"viewing room" where people could hang out and watch videos of live shows. (by then all three dvd's should be released)

Merch room

History of the band

Jam sessions

Live shows

Banquet with keynote speaker

Please post ideas on this thread or contact me with your thoughts/suggestions of what I am proposing.

I know it sounds cheesey but sometimes cheese is good.

PS - I will need a lot of help with all of this.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

|  IP: Logged
chrome14
VoivodFan
Member # 522

posted September 08, 2005 16:43     Profile for chrome14   Email chrome14     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great idea.

More ideas and suggestions are bound to pour in soon.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 08, 2005 17:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheesy? No.
Absolutely insane, yes.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 08, 2005 17:49     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's my cheese:

How about a battle of the bands type thing at the convention AS WELL AS a PRE-convention show at a local club the night before just to get everyone warmed up for the convention (you can call it the Pre-ignition event ). My band used to play at the Beatles convention when it used to be hosted in Los Angeles. It was fun as hell.....every band (about 12 or so) would cover two Beatle songs and the crowd reaction would determine the winner (the winner would get some free Beatle memorobilia). They provided cheap backline gear, but no one cared because it was all for fun. Truly a blast!

As for the pre-show idea, since you might have alot of people coming in from the "outside", it might be cool to book a club for everyone to hang out the night before (like at the hotel bar or something) and hear some original music from some of the fans....just an idea.

And lastly, if you're interested, I will gladly donate some of my own bands CDs for you to give to the people who pay in advance (or use them however you'd like to use them). Just an idea.
And just so it's clear that this is not a cheap publicity stunt, my last CD was recorded for the sole purpose of raising money for cancer research in honor of my bass player who died approximately 3 years ago from the disease. So this would just be an honor to donate that CD for Piggy's cause as well. Just a thought. If you're interested, drop me an email.

Thanks! And good work guys! Hope it's successful!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 08, 2005 17:50     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a year to save up? i think i can handle that, actually. cool.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 08, 2005 18:02     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why am I not surprised to see the insidious hand of Mezcalhead in all this? If it went ahead, and lots of people could come, it'd be a blast. You are, however, officially nuts for thinking of this.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 08, 2005 18:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in, just tell me how much and who to send it to.
IP: Logged
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted September 08, 2005 22:44     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod Kareoke lol
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 08, 2005 23:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm excited about this. It could be a very good time for all. I like Mustard's idea a lot. C'mon people, let's get some more creative ideas.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 09, 2005 00:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
board bands!

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 09, 2005 04:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
board bands!

Count us in! Maybe we can arrange to record our second LP in Montreal around the same time - Guest musicians galore!! Ah, if only the budget would cover it....

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 09, 2005 07:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would be cool if you could get Snake,Away & Blacky there and have E-Force play a show.?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 09, 2005 09:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Count us in! Maybe we can arrange to record our second LP in Montreal around the same time - Guest musicians galore!! Ah, if only the budget would cover it....

hmmm, depends on what kind of studio you're looking for. it could be arranged....

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 09, 2005 10:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds great! Hmmm, December is my "deadline" for booking next year's vacation... Who knows, there's plenty of time for saving money.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 09, 2005 10:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If Slay is in, I'm in!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 09, 2005 10:36     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I allowed to wear my Klingon costume?

Just kidding. Sounds like a fun time. I'm down here in New Hampshire almost within spitting distance, so maybe I'll come up for the festivities.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 09, 2005 10:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
hmmm, depends on what kind of studio you're looking for. it could be arranged....

I think you might be thinking what I'm thinking....

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 09, 2005 11:33     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And since I have the complete show of Aut'Chose on VHS/DVD/CD, Piggy's last performance, maybe we can project the whole thing?

I know it's not Voivod...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 09, 2005 11:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I think you might be thinking what I'm thinking....

you know i'm thinking what you're thinking... i think.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 09, 2005 12:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
And since I have the complete show of Aut'Chose on VHS/DVD/CD, Piggy's last performance, maybe we can project the whole thing?

I know it's not Voivod...

I think this is an excellent idea.

I also believe the weekend should be filmed. That would be hilarious. Wow, a chance to meet the great Slaytanic...my old friend for so many years...that would be wild. Dude, start saving now!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 09, 2005 12:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
you know i'm thinking what you're thinking... i think.

I love it when a plan comes together!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 09, 2005 13:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*sings mr. t song to self*
THRASHING RAGE
VoivodFan
Member # 668

posted September 09, 2005 15:01     Profile for THRASHING RAGE   Email THRASHING RAGE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuckin do it man. it'd rule!

--------------------

GO SHIT! IM NOT A FISH!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 09, 2005 15:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
has E-Force been confirmed yet?
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 09, 2005 17:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Get Cryptopsy to play. Tell them to cover Korgull the Exterminator, Tornado and The Prow.

that would be...um, INTENSE?

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan