my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My Achin' Head... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: My Achin' Head...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 06, 2005 17:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Monday was hangover city for me, which must mean that I had a blast getting to meet and hang with Vroom, MadMeg, Luna & Hypergrrl, Black Cloud, Nuke-Fuse, and Ghidra... in addition to non-VVF'ers (at least so far) Hyperfriend-Mika and my wife Darci as tenative participents, haha. Unfortunately, St. Mike got sick on Sunday morning and wasn't able to make it this time around.

I know I thoroughly enjoyed everybody's company and only regret that it was all too brief a time to visit with such a cool group of people. Thanks to everyone for all the warm greetings and a great evening. Hopefully this won't be the last...

Luna took many potentially embarassing photos, so stay tuned.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 06, 2005 18:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good to see you guys are having fun.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 06, 2005 19:20     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
must... have... pics!

Mez and i will have a Mini-Vod-Convention on friday in your honor since we couldnt make it.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 06, 2005 20:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was Luna the only one who took pictures? What about Meg? Get these up PRONTO!!

Cthon, do you have a camera? We should record our VodConvention...especially since I just cut my hair.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 06, 2005 20:30     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Luna & Hypergrrl

As if we're Siamese twins

I just want to say that I had a wonderful time as well. You all were super cool people...just like I thought you would all be Surprisingly, I wasn't hung over the next day.

Thanks X-D, Darci (glad you made it ), Nuke Fuse, Ghidra, Vroom, MadMeg, Black Cloud and Luna for being cool fucking Voivod fans and cool people all around!

Cheers to you all! I can't wait for our next meeting. Now here are some pics:

Vroom & MadMeg

Vroom

X-D & hypergrrl

X-D & Vroom

Black Cloud & Nuke Fuse

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 06, 2005 20:35     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...a few more...

Darci & X-D

hypergrrl & Ghidra

Luna & Nuke Fuse (blurry, but I like it!)

Nuke Fuse

Black Cloud

Luna, Mika & Black Cloud

Luna, MadMeg & Nuke fuse...what the hell were they looking at?

Luna & MadMeg

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 06, 2005 20:58     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's some more pics of a great night out
http://www.jox.se/pics/index.htm

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 06, 2005 21:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
As if we're Siamese twins

Haha, hardly! Very different personality types going on it would seem. I mean this in the best kind of way. Throw Slugbutt into the mix and I can imagine your family get-togethers are a blast.

Thanks for the pics guys!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 06, 2005 21:23     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's so great to know that a REAL friend can be found in a place like this... I mean, we're here for ONE MAIN reason, that's music, specifically VOIVOD, and the 'web' of friendship starts to grow just because of that... Sometimes people around me (at work, ex-school friends, etc.) look at me like saying, "hey man, GROW UP!!!! You're always talking about THAT music, when you should be doing something that matters!!!!"
But this kind of posts reminds me that one must stick to his/her beliefs, and believe that's doing the right thing in his life, I can't live without this kind of music and the interest I put into it, it's a way of life...
Salutations from CHILE to all of you that could "touch" each other, and keep the friendship ALIVE!!!

pd: I finally got to know the face behind the "nickname" of some of you, HAIL!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 06, 2005 21:28     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those pics are awesome.

and yeah, mez, maggies got a camera.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 06, 2005 22:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i love those photos. thanks for posting them. this is me, blacky and your lovely vvf moderator, skul in quebec city on sunday.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 06, 2005 22:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit! X-D's balder than me! haha! F33r the goatee o'death, too.

Kinda cool to finally put a face on people.

I'm glad you all had a great time!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 06, 2005 22:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe all the vvf mods should shave their heads in solidarity...hehe...
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 06, 2005 22:46     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

http://myspace-393.vo.llnwd.net/00029/39/34/29994393_l.jpg

one to go?

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 06, 2005 22:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

Well, I thought that was a requirement. I believe that my contract clearly stupilates that a VVF moderator has to be shaven at ALL TIMES! Although, it doesnt say where exactly one should be shaven... the arm pits could be hitchy...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 06, 2005 22:49     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:

one to go?

*stares at Hex*

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 06, 2005 23:05     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey everyone, GREAT pics! 1000 thanks for posting them. One of these days, I'd like to meet all of you, but it sure is nice to be able to put a face to all of these personalities in the meantime. Cheers to you all.

P.S. Hey Black Cloud, are you by chance related to Devin fucking Townsend or what!!?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 06, 2005 23:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said, Gerfat.

Great photos... they actually let you freaks into a fine establishment... some places will let anyone that they know will drink a lot!!!! Just joking of course

Nice to see what other metal heads of the 80's and 90's have become

Looks like y'all had a great time.

Hope you're feelin better Mike.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 06, 2005 23:20     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a really great time y'all!!! Too bad that time flew when everyone was just startin' to get "lubed-up", ha! Yeah, I HAD to make that boat home to hang with Mrs. Blackcloud (8-months prego, ya know!)...so how late did everyone stick around?

Anyway, hopefully another time and another place! X-D, get those Celtic Demos from Mike asap!!!

I "knew" there was another "angle" taken....

...There were flippin' cameras going off all over the fucking place like the fricken paparrazi!!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 07, 2005 00:48     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you made the boatride BC. yeah, we should absolutely do this again

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 07, 2005 04:32     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome!

I absolutely love these ones (I mean the photos )

Also, "Nuclear Infusion and Meg smiling", "President XD had this smile..", the Black Cloud and Luna hug, and the Two constantly smiling ladies!
Oh and of course the "Black Cloud & Nuke Fuse" from Hypergrrl, and the kvlt one from Vroom. So many great pics, I'll stop here...

Very impressive goatees, BC and X-D!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 07, 2005 07:35     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics , thanks for sharing!!!

Nice to see some VVF faces...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 07, 2005 09:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quality snaps folks! Brings back fond memories of Meg, Vroom & Angelrat in London Town. Cheers to the lot of you!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 07, 2005 09:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, great pics, people! Wish I could have been there!

But Vroom, don't you have other shirts to wear? Don't you ever do laundry? Every time I see pictures of you, you have that same shirt. Signed: your mom.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 07, 2005 09:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, those pictures made my week! I don't think we'll be able to compete with those beautiful people Cthon.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan