my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Thanks to VVFan.com (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Thanks to VVFan.com
iiigggööörrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 583

posted August 30, 2005 18:10     Profile for iiigggööörrrr   Email iiigggööörrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same feelings here:

Although I only post once every 3 years, I've been around since the "Other" forum, just lurking, but always logging in.

Is good to know that I'm not the only one who cried the departure of Piggy as if he was a close relative, and maybe I wasn't the only one last night Headbanging and crying at the same time, locked in my room, wearing my old rrroooaaarrr T-shirt, drinking wine and listening to Voivod. Just like when I was a teenager.

I really would love to join with all of you, dear Voivodians from all around the world, and make a big farewell meeting for this brilliant person whose music will always resound in our hearts.

A big hug for everyone in this site, for creating this parallel microgalaxy on which many times things are much better than in the real world.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!!

|  IP: Logged
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 31, 2005 02:51     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrrr:
Same feelings here:

I really would love to join with all of you, dear Voivodians from all around the world, and make a big farewell meeting for this brilliant person whose music will always resound in our hearts.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!!

That would be a DREAM!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 31, 2005 10:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrrr:

Fado, downtown Seattle, 4pm on September 4th. Several of us had made plans to meet before all of this and I'm sure we'll do our small part as a group. I wish we could all be there.

Without this forum, I wouldn't have known such wonderful people. Can't wait to meet MadMeg, Vroom, X-D, Nuke Fuse, Luna (well, I've met her!), and who the hell else is going to be there again??

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 31, 2005 10:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish I could be there.
Thanks to h & nell for Saturday, we had a nice evening.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 31, 2005 11:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Head Villain...give us some headbanging, drunken, teary eyed specifics.
Uhm, please...still wish I could have joined y'all.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted August 31, 2005 11:14     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it may be time for a world wide Voivod Fan convention.

Listening rooms, Music Jams, merch, special guest speakers....

I am thinking it should be held in Montreal or Quebec City, to make it easier to find old freinds of the band.

I think that it sounds like a "Star Trek" thing, cheesey but maybe fun?

Thoughts?

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 31, 2005 11:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone mentionned something like that in the past, and i laughed my tits off.

I dunno how to react this time.
Different situation and all... but i still think that's pretty far fetched.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 31, 2005 12:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, if people who collect vacuum cleaners can hold conventions...I sure as hell don't know why our group can't do it??

I would suggest a Montreal walking tour hitting all the old famous VV spots. I did something similar with two very good tour guides when I was there two years ago. If we planned on a convention like a year from now..I'm sure it could be done. You could get a bunch of guest speakers for sure...Have a dealers room for selling collectors merchandise....

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 31, 2005 14:31     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Hey, if people who collect vacuum cleaners can hold conventions...I sure as hell don't know why our group can't do it??

I would suggest a Montreal walking tour hitting all the old famous VV spots. I did something similar with two very good tour guides when I was there two years ago. If we planned on a convention like a year from now..I'm sure it could be done. You could get a bunch of guest speakers for sure...Have a dealers room for selling collectors merchandise....

Myself and a fellow music nut are working on going to the Montreal Metal Massacre Fest on Dec. 10th. Who knows...

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 31, 2005 16:52     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok I'm up for the Voivod Convention even if it means I have to go to Canada but there is no way in fucking hell I'm dressing up as a character from a Voivod song. They're all just too fucked up!

uh..ok I'll come as the limbless guy from Into My Hypercube. Where did I leave my saw?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 31, 2005 17:02     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I would suggest a Montreal walking tour hitting all the old famous VV spots. I did something similar with two very good tour guides when I was there two years ago.

wait, was that the blacky traps you in his basement and makes you listen to stories about voivod until 4 in the morning tour? i don't know if most people would have the stamina for that.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 31, 2005 21:57     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too seldom post, but have been here since day one of voivodfan, and long before.

Perhaps many of you can relate.. that part of the pain involved with Piggy's passing is the lack of people around (friends) who can relate, or share that pain. I guess I half expected some of my friends to say "sorry" about your loss, I know they were your favorite band for 20 YEARS, but no. Grieving in solice.

Even tho theres no one around here to crank up KT, or DH or Phobos with and get lost in the sounds, like Maldorrröööaaarrr said "The past couple of days on the chat felt like a group therapy, and, well, that was very cool to cope with the loss with people who care.

wwwWAAAHhhh!

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 31, 2005 23:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would think the majority of us are in the same boat with not haveing anyone with them that REALLY understands their feeling about Denis passing away. That's why this site has been so helpful. I know it has for me.

--------------------

yawn

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 31, 2005 23:43     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I would think the majority of us are in the same boat with not haveing anyone with them that REALLY understands their feeling about Denis passing away. That's why this site has been so helpful. I know it has for me.

And me. Thanks everyone.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 31, 2005 23:56     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny how we all have friends we have pestered with Voivod praises over the years, although not ever suceeding in converting them...LOL. Besides my siblings hurting just as much as me, I've been pleasantly surprised at how much other friends of mine have been so supportive! I've gotten hugs and words of encouragement...so thanks goes out to them as well.

Thanks slugbutt, for calling the other night, by the way I don't know why we love cats so much

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted September 01, 2005 00:35     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to everybody who keeps this site up and running. Most people around where I live either don't know the band ("who is Void Vodd anyways?? ) or aren't a big fan.

It awesome to see people with the same love for this band.

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 01, 2005 05:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If there ends up being any kind of memorial gig /party / celebration / convention anywhere in the world I will be there. All the VVF's I've met so far have been so cool, any excuse to meet more sounds like a fucking blast to me. Although mez kinda scares me a little...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 01, 2005 07:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H wrote "Although mez kinda scares me a little... "

I don't think you're the only one

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 01, 2005 09:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmmm. I think I scare Mez more than he would ever even think of scaring me...haha!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 01, 2005 10:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
wait, was that the blacky traps you in his basement and makes you listen to stories about voivod until 4 in the morning tour? i don't know if most people would have the stamina for that.

Hahaha....I had to bring out my inner Korgull to survive that one believe me....

Mez isn't scary...wait till you see him in a dress.

BaldeBobo
VoivodFan
Member # 647

posted September 01, 2005 13:18     Profile for BaldeBobo   Email BaldeBobo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey iiigggooorr

--thats delightful man!!!

piggy was one of the leaders of a genre where these people were truly "the boys", they knew how to knock it out and tear it up, without ever looking like posers -- it was all 100% effort and manual labour.....no wonder we all feel like we lost a bro --- yknow??!

haha thats sick!!! (sob)

--------------------

We're STILL searching for something to believe in...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 01, 2005 17:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Yeah, same here. Thanx to everyone here.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan