my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Thanks to VVFan.com (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Thanks to VVFan.com
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted August 29, 2005 13:14     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I beleive I speak for everyone here when I say thanks to you guys for starting and maintaining this web site so we could have a place to voice our thoughts with other fans of this amazing band.

Having this forum where we could all come to, where other people understand what we have been going through this past week, has been about the only thing I could say I feel good about.

Thank you

Tom

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

|  IP: Logged
Joe
VoivodFan
Member # 634

posted August 29, 2005 13:22     Profile for Joe   Email Joe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, thanks everybody, you're doing a great job.

--------------------

The Heavy Metal Crew, join us!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 29, 2005 13:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here! Here!
Skulhed - cthon - hexonut - X-D and warcorpse....

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 29, 2005 13:47     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, thankfully my brother and sister are fans, but it's comforting to know that I would have a great and supportive family here on the net.

Thanks warcorpse and the rest of you who stepped up to help keep this the best Voivod fan site out there.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 29, 2005 15:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, come down here almost everyday just to peek for news. Brilliant work

thanx 1000000x

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted August 29, 2005 15:59     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cheers to that!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 29, 2005 16:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A big cheers to Warcorpse for giving us a free place to post.

If it werent for what he did...most of us would have nowhere to express our thoughts.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2005 17:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never would have thought we would all have to be dealing with the passing of a member of Voivod. I never would have imagined that this would become a topic on this forum. I also never would have imagined all the support and love that bleeds from this forum because of all the core fans that come here and continue to come to this site. I hope that a lot of the new members that have found us due to Denis passing away will stick around. There is still a lot to discuss and look forward to, I only wish the future had Piggy in it.

Warcorpse created the best place to go on the net, to voice your thoughts, to share your ideas, your talents, to learn, to bullshit, and to find support in a time of need.

thanks (once again) to everyone behind the scenes at Voivodfan and thatnk to all the members of the forum for everything you have shared, and every time you have listened.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 29, 2005 18:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Big thanks goes to Warcorpse for creating this space where, as Schroeder brilliantly stated, all the fans can share their own experiences.

And, of course, Skulhed and Hex (and X-D and Cthon, of course) deserve a special place in Morgoth, for keeping the site running.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 29, 2005 18:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have too much to thank you guys for. This is still the best forum on the web, and definitely the no.1 source for Voivod stuff. Here's to music, memories, laughs, and good times. Long may they continue!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 29, 2005 19:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to add my thanks as well. I've been coming here ever since early on when I found out about the 'defection' of the Mighty Warcorpse. I will almost certainly be coming here when I'm wearing Depends, yammering toothlessly on about how great Zappa was and pimping my latest compilations, PMS 273-75.

Seriously man, this place has been a big part of my life for the last 3-4 years or so, and I'm very grateful to you all.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted August 29, 2005 21:12     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are all my friends.

(even if i lurk and only post 3 times a year)

--------------------

The future is here, and how.
\m/_ VOIVOD _\m/

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted August 29, 2005 21:15     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Although I've been AWOL at times away from board, I've never forgotten how fortunate I was to have this oasis on the web.

Generous thanks to warcorpse and all who've worked to keep this fantastic site up and running!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2005 21:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the "other" Voivod forum was the first time I had ever joined a forum, and I was taken back about how horribly it was run and censored; thus, my first impression of web forums was not a good one. However there were some cool people who were there and once things got really pathetic and ridiculas Warcorpse stepped up to the plate and created a real place where we could all go. He invite those from the other site that he knew would enjoy a more open forum and I whole heartedly accepted his invitation to his new and improved Voivodfan site in hopes that my experiences would better... well this #5 hasn't let too many days pass where he hasn't checked in and looked over the forum. I've made many many friends from this site, traded many stories, cds, received more than I could have ever dreamed.

feeling pretty emotional with all that has gone on

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 29, 2005 23:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the shout outs on this thread. i dont do much around here (besides the occasional deleting of REALLY negative comments or linking away of "bad" images, haha)...we are all just voivodfans (even the posters who have BEEN in voivod) and its an honor to post with such awesome people. cheers.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 29, 2005 23:42     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers to that.

I can not believe how much time has passed since i have been here either, but the world has its way of turning us all into working class insects and the days just roll by. I have a wealth of voivod goodies i have recieved from this site and i am forever grateful for that. I don't know many of you guys personally and i come off as quite an annoyance, but sorry to say that i can not be shaken off. VOIVOD's music has warped me from my teens totally devoted to this rare and very special band.

Thanks Corpse and Blacky (and all the mods)

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 30, 2005 00:25     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes-I. Thanks and praises to all who are responsible for giving us this forum to express ourselves and to meet new nuts!
Also, I want to give thanks for making me see another side of my sisters! What's up with your fascinations for cats? Why must you cuss all the time? If mom could hear you now! Hey Hypersis, is that Sigman the Sea Monster?? Sweet!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 30, 2005 00:37     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed, this place rules! My home away from home (away from work too).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 30, 2005 01:13     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i made this image a long time ago when i was on the chat with imran and we had this idea for an interior design based on a voivod theme. and no, we were not high. heh. so thanks to everyone involved here for allowing us to keep ourselves entertained when work or life is getting us down.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 30, 2005 03:09     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
the "other" Voivod forum was the first time I had ever joined a forum

Like me.

My love for Voivod has been growing stronger due to the people here. And this means a lot to me since I had loved Voivod so much before.

Therefor thank you.

And thank you for the help in these sad days.

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 30, 2005 03:20     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
....this is really a GREAT Board....and you are a very friendly community here..... I like the way you do

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 30, 2005 09:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivodfan is by far the BEST Inertnet (sic) community I have ever seen. You guys are my best imaginary friends ever.

The past couple of days on the chat felt like a group therapy, and, well, that was very cool to cope with the loss with people who care.

Cheers!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 30, 2005 09:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
and pimping my latest compilations, PMS 273-75.

I'll most definitely be dragging my saggy ass out to the mailbox to snatch up my PMS 273-75!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 30, 2005 17:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite forum on the web, it is a part of my life. I would also like to thank everybody behind the scenes, as well as in front (did that make sense?)

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 30, 2005 17:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, same here. I have met some lovely people through this site. Thanks Warcorpse & thanks to everyone here, the chatroom & forum here has been a lifeline over these past few days, when it has been very hard to cope.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan