my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SHARON OSBOURNE Issues Statement: BRUCE DICKINSON Tried To Ruin OZZFEST For Everyone

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SHARON OSBOURNE Issues Statement: BRUCE DICKINSON Tried To Ruin OZZFEST For Everyone
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 22, 2005 07:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SHARON OSBOURNE Issues Statement: BRUCE DICKINSON Tried To Ruin OZZFEST For Everyone - Aug. 22, 2005

Sharon Osbourne has issued the following statement via the official Ozzfest web site, Ozzfest.com:

"IRON MAIDEN were chosen for the Ozzfest tour because the Ozzfest committee felt they were a good band, plus the fact that they had not done shows in the U.S. for some time. From day one, Bruce Dickinson started berating Ozzy and belittling the Ozzfest audience. He stated he 'didn’t need a reality show to give him credibility'; 'We're not just some f*cking reunion band'; and continuously complained about the sound system, saying that when he comes back to America he'll have a better one. I understand he hasn't toured in the U.S.in these size venues in a while and no longer understands the political structure of things. Out of 200-plus bands over the last 10 years, he has been the only person who hasn't had the Ozzfest spirit. He thought he was at a battle of the bands, always making other comments about the other artists.

"Might I say, the rest of the band are gentlemen and have a great professional attitude. The crew are absolutely great. But how sad it was, after 10 years, that this little man tried to ruin it for everyone. The bands of Ozzfest don't even look at Ozzfest as touring, but as its heavy metal summer camp. Bruce is in fact a jealous prick and very envious. None of his tirades were directed at SABBATH, only Ozzy. Steve Harris [IRON MAIDEN's bassist] personally came to Ozzy in San Bernardino and apologized for Bruce's behavior this summer, stating that he and the rest of the band were 'embarrassed' by their own singer. It also offended me every night how he took out the English flag in America. There are American boys going to war alongside the English boys every day. How dare he forget the American troops on their home turf? He has had no respect for the American audience he has been playing for, stating in an interview, 'When you do the 'hits' tour here [in the U.S.], the audience is smug, and there's a sense of self-satisfaction, like, 'We got what we wanted…I'm looking at an audience that is self-satisfied and happy and fat, and getting what it wants and isn't prepared to get off its ass..'

"Before there was SAMSON, there was SABBATH!

"Ozzfest 2005 continues on with our summer of fun with the addition of VELVET REVOLVER. This is where the fun begins….."

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 08:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Ozzfest 2005 continues on with our summer of fun with the addition of VELVET REVOLVER. This is where the fun begins….."

It's easier to manipulate a bunch of heroin shooting junkies than a seasoned verteran frontman who is straight and clear thinking

The flag comment is stupid considering it is brought out during THE TROOPER and mimics the single's cover where Eddie is dressed in war torn British army clothes toting a british flag... Maiden fans "get it" dumb old ladies don't.

Sharon's really making herself and Ozzfest look childish and moronic. Nothing wrong with one band pushing the limits of a festival event. If Sabbath and Ozzy were as good as they should be they would have rose to the challenge and out performed Maiden... doesn't seem like they able to do that, so Sharon blasts the Dickinson.

I think Ozzfest (although I've never been) is a great festival and has opened the door for many bands but this really makes the event look stupid.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 22, 2005 10:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...nevermind....

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 22, 2005 10:45     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"We are sorry, You have been Banned from participating in this board. If you would like to plead to be reinstated, you may try to email the admin."

Plead to be reinstated? Yeah right! She wants to go around publicly calling people names, but I get banned? What a twat!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 11:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
"We are sorry, You have been Banned from participating in this board. If you would like to plead to be reinstated, you may try to email the admin."

Plead to be reinstated? Yeah right! She wants to go around publicly calling people names, but I get banned? What a twat!

I think YURI is Sharon's first born

Fuckin ridiculas, tyrant bitch... go get another nip/tuck

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 22, 2005 11:31     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I understand he hasn't toured in the U.S. in these size venues in a while and no longer understands the political structure of things."

Maiden toured here last year and played at the same venue (Shoreline) that Ozzfest was held.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 22, 2005 17:06     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's clear enough to me that since everyone knows Ozzy's impotent, Sharon needs other forms of gratification.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 22, 2005 18:52     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Banned from what?

Hmmm. I really think Mrs. Prince OF Darkness is insane. Then again, Dickenson may be a prick, but he is correct in stating that American audiences aren't as enthusiastic as Eurofan. He needs to get over it and Maiden needs to either quit, get rid of him, get rid of Janick Gers or record an album that sounds like Killers on steroids!
Bunch of whiners!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 22, 2005 19:10     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its amazing that everyone in this story is 15+ years older than me. amazing.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 22, 2005 19:28     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Banned from what?

Oh, I was so angry so that I signed on as fuckyousharon at the Ozzfest site and "gave her a piece of my mind" - like she'll actually read it or anything...but whatever. I was banned!!

Why was I angry....this is Steve fucking Harris playing with egg on his arm, bitch!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 22, 2005 20:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
fuckyousharon

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

beano
VoivodFan
Member # 592

posted August 24, 2005 13:00     Profile for beano   Email beano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, just like this mesage board.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 24, 2005 14:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heheh, You're special Gorf. Us mods just ban you occasionally because that is how we get our jollies. Nuff said.

I'm definitly in the Iron Maiden camp on this one! Not many bands have stayed as true to their fans and original musical vision Iron Maiden. Nothing Sharon Osbourne does can change that... I wonder what Iommi and Butler think of this?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan