my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » BRUCE DICKINSON Photos Removed From OZZFEST Web Site

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BRUCE DICKINSON Photos Removed From OZZFEST Web Site
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 21, 2005 21:51       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BRUCE DICKINSON Photos Removed From OZZFEST Web Site - Aug. 21, 2005

Two photos of IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson have apparently been deleted from the official Ozzfest web site, Ozzfest.com — presumably because the Ozzfest organizers believe that Dickinson has "disrespected" the festival (based on comments made by Sharon Osbourne during last night's Ozzfest in San Bernardino, California). View the MAIDEN photo page (containing pictures taken earlier in the tour) at Ozzfest.com. The photos that are believed to have been removed from the page can be seen at the following locations: Photo#1, Photo#2. [NOTE: Both photos can still be found on the Ozzfest.com servers in their original locations (before they were removed from the page): Photo#1, Photo#2.]
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40713

IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 21, 2005 23:26     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so were sales for Ozzfest lagging this year or something?

almost sounds like one huge fucking gimmick.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 00:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ridiculas ! ! !

Sharon has to feel like she's in control of everything (that's what actually makes her a great manager but also a senseless beotch).
Maiden certainly didn't need to be on Ozzfest to make $$$ they could have and will be doing that on their own tour like they have been doing since what... 1982. I'm sure Ozzfest helped gain more fans for Maiden but Maiden are as much legends in metal as Ozzy, they just have more energy and class.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2005 10:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'm sure Ozzfest helped gain more fans for Maiden but Maiden are as much legends in metal as Ozzy, they just have more energy and class.

Hmmm, I surely can't speak for the rest of the world, but Maiden is SURELY the definition of Metal for ppl here, metalheads or not, not Ozzy.

But of course I understand what you mean. Just wanted to point out that even non-metal fans here in Brazil will say "Iron Maiden" when asked about a metal band, not "Ozzy" or "Black Sabbath". And Maiden got as much radio play here as Sabbath or Ozzy, i.e., nothing.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 11:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, down in South America Maiden are gods, and always have been haven't they. The music fans down there have always come out in droves to support Maiden and Dickinson, that's why they recorded the live albums there, you people are some of the coolest fans I've heard and seen. Shit, the audience usually over powers the bands PA, just watch and listen to RUSH IN RIO, or Dickinson's Scream For Me Brazil. The fans in the states lost interest in Irin Maiden for many years due to the "flavor of the month" changing over the last few decades. I know Maiden doesn't need anything like Ozzfest for the rest of the world but I think here in the states they regained what they had so many years ago, and I've been seeing a lot of Maiden T-shirts on people of all ages on the boardwalk this summer. Maiden Mania is having a revival in the states... I couldn't be happier. Maiden was one of the main bands that got me into metal, and I was an insane collector for many many years.

Harris and the boyz know how to put out music, merchandizing, live shows, they appreciate fans, release lots of cool collectables and live concerts.... the whole package.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 22, 2005 12:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a good piccy!

[/IMG]

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 16:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLASSICK

The band should post that on their home page

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan