my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Fat guy inquiry - Squeaky Cheese in Quebec

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fat guy inquiry - Squeaky Cheese in Quebec
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted August 19, 2005 15:51     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, when you guys make "poutine" you use fries, brown gravy, and a white cheese. When you eat it the cheese squeaks in your mouth.

I asked my wife's grandmother and she tells me it is a very mild white cheddar. I want to find this cheese here in Jersey.

My problem is I can't find anyone who knows what the fuck I am talking about. Is there a brand name for this type of cheese?

P.S. - Wifey made a tourtiere for dinner and a homemade sugar pie for dessert.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 19, 2005 15:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they are cheese curds. in your part of the world you can probably buy them at most cheese factories and some cheese shops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 19, 2005 19:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a poutine at Mondo Fritz on St.Laurent last weekend (next door to Schwartz - cuz i didnt wanna stand in line for an hour for a smoked meat sammich).

I'm never eating poutine ever again. I nearly fucking died.

As for as yuor question goes, mild cheddar is great but you can do Mozarrella too.. it's just as good. i'm sure you can find that anywhere down there.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 19, 2005 19:51     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can tell you... i was just in fuckin jersey last week and it was only my second time there, so a warning to all you voivod fans..

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF JERSEY !!

the place sucks ass its dirty and the people are rude as fuck..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 19, 2005 20:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
I can tell you... i was just in fuckin jersey last week and it was only my second time there, so a warning to all you voivod fans..

But OVERKILL is from Jersey and they are some of the kindest most polite gentlemen you would ever want to meet

Sorry you had a bad time. Cape May New Jersey is actually very nice if you are into quiet moments and victorian houses. That's where my (ex)wife and I went for our honeymoon, and made a few day trips also. Not the most exciting place in the world, but relaxing and beautiful.

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 19, 2005 21:07     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I had a poutine at Mondo Fritz on St.Laurent last weekend (next door to Schwartz - cuz i didnt wanna stand in line for an hour for a smoked meat sammich).

I'm never eating poutine ever again. I nearly fucking died.

haha, i tried to go to mondo last night after a show but they were closed. next time go to ripples ice cream across the street. it's made there and so good! the cute red head girl who manages the place is a close friend of mine so don't steal out of the tip jar!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 19, 2005 22:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
haha, i tried to go to mondo last night after a show but they were closed. next time go to ripples ice cream across the street. it's made there and so good! the cute red head girl who manages the place is a close friend of mine so don't steal out of the tip jar!!

Yah i was in town last saturday... i thought you were all still in Van, i heard, so i didnt bother calling. Sorry. hehe.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 19, 2005 22:42     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's okay, we were. we didn't get home til monday morning.

saturday my brother and i were teaching noiro how to ollie. he didn't even kill himself, amazingly, and was surprisingly fearless for a 42 yr old.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 20, 2005 13:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, no offence schroeder... it never fails me that i usually make an ass out of myself on wiskey

On my way to A/C to see the doors concert we kinda got lost because we took a new route this time and we ended up in some industrial zone/residental area so we decided to ask someone for directions, we stopped and i rolled down my window to say "excuse me" to a fine looking lady... she didnt turn for about 3 or 4 seconds and then instantly started to let me have it ! (if your looking for directions i dont have any along with a bunch of other babble and insults ! I was shocked and if i was able to think fast enough i figured i would have asked her which planet she was from... so i could be sure to never visit there.

Atlantic City sucked as usual, the concert was not all that because the sound was so piss poor i was wondering what the heck the engineers must have been thinking. I walked out and decided to see them in my area the following tuesday. I take my music seriously as i was telling 2 of my friends who went along... this sucks !

I sure wish A/C would come out of the 70's era they are stuck in. I mean how much money does that place make ? and your still walking on the same stained and dandery carpet that our forefathers walked on !

Ahh nevermind, another thing is one of my pals who went didnt have a dollar to his name but also neglected to mention it until we got there.. so you can guess who had to shell out for food,drinks,leafage,ect..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 20, 2005 20:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like a shitty time, Hatross.

I've never been to AC, but my ex-wife went a couple times recently to the House Of Blues to see a few concerts.

It's ridiculas that people have to be such asses when someone asks for directions... that alone will leave a bad impression on ya.
I guess you can't get away from idiots, no matter where you visit.

--------------------

yawn

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted August 22, 2005 10:22     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help, I will look into local cheese shops.

quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

Yeah man there are some real pricks that live here. The rule in Jersey is wherever you go there is always an asshole. If you wanted to go to a good concert venue try the Starland Ballroom in Old Bridge. I used to work security there and the room is good for shows.
http://www.starlandballroom.com

Upcoming shows
Obituary
Life of Agony
Pennywise

Remember this is the state where they film the Soprano's so everyone thinks that they are in the mob.

Sorry for the bad experience, if there is a next time, let me know your coming and I can give you cool places to check out.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2005 11:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Remember this is the state where they film the Soprano's so everyone thinks that they are in the mob.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I live in Delaware and we all think we are a bunch of nobodies

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan