my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » PMS: First transmisission from... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: PMS: First transmisission from...
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2005 00:26     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(warning: give a crap alert status: yellow)

MY NEW APARTMENT! Fucking 'A' folks, it has been a long ride. I am finally free, divorced, on my own and sitting in a pretty fucking cool little 2 bedroom apt. with cable TV, (including my beloved Westerns Channel) a few new sticks of furniture, and some hyper-speed internet. My daughter has her own room, and is taking the whole thing like a champ. She will celebrate her 5th b-day in style, with 2 places to live.

And now I will finally have the peace and time to create again, and that includes my music, my novel/ screenplay and (finally getting to the point now...) the new 5-disc PMS compilation. So get yer orders in now, 'cause I'm looking into having the artwork done at Kinko's & I need to know how many to order.

BTW: this thing is gonna be fucking MIND-BLOWING to the extreme. I have MASSIVE amounts of obscure music stockpiled, and quite a few new tricks up my sleeve.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 00:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what sort of music is it?
experimental?

IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 18, 2005 00:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sir, put me down and I'll send you back a ton of stuff. Pay for shipping whatever. You are the master comper!! We want more Napalm D.!!

Congrats on your new life. I toast to your new found freedom!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 00:55     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2005 02:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
what sort of music is it?
experimental?

This time around, it will go like this:

PMS 5 - 2 discs: An all-out hardcore/ thrash/ punk/ speed/ grind/ death & mayhem assault, mutating into a melee of aggressively fucking bizarre havoc by the end of the second half.

PMS 6 - A single disc of the most intense, mind-bending, interdimensional ambience & electronic soundscapes imaginable.

PMS 7 - A 2 disc set with no actual rules or guidelines, but plenty of avant/ psycho prog holding it all together.

quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Sir, put me down and I'll send you back a ton of stuff. Pay for shipping whatever. You are the master comper!! We want more Napalm D.!!

Congrats on your new life. I toast to your new found freedom!

Dude, thanks! That honestly means alot to me.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2005 06:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congradulations Tangento!
I wish you all the best there in your new home.
Its like a breath of fresh air after suffocating.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2005 07:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
congrats on the new life Tang.

I've been divorced since last October and in my new house since March this year. There's been good days and bad days for me but overall I guess it was for the better.

Here's to GOOD DAYS for you. Enjoy your freedom and creativity that comes with it.

I'll send ya an email with my stats... after all the props given to your last comps I shouldn't pass this up.

thanks for the offer

--------------------

yawn

unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 07:38       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
#5 sounds good to me,if i could get on the list.

I also wouldnt mind being divorced.You think you could help me out with that?

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 18, 2005 10:10     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
congrats on your new life and home, and internet access!

oh BTW, I was playing Thrones 'day late, dollar short', there's a nice cover of Black Blade on this album! http://www.southernlord.com/thrones/index.html

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 18, 2005 10:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally!!!
As I'm an avid listener to PMS 1 & 2, I would love to have #5 in my Tangento PMS Collection. How much dough do you need?
...hmmmm, two Divorcees. One on the brink, ahem SCLivingSomething. I'll take the disc. No marriage. No kids. Thanks!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 18, 2005 10:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PMS 1-4 keep me going at work and draw bemusement if not outright hostility from my co-workers (although one of them is French and therefore her opinion on music is irrelavent). So more PMS would be great!

Uh... no plans to divorce this week. I feel rather left out and un-Rock Star now. Mind you Mrs. Helicopter broke my lovely new mobile phone with build-in camera last night so if she goes anywhere near my new Ibanez I might be joining you guys in the divorced internet junkie man trip.

Actually, naaaah.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 18, 2005 10:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never ordered any of your Comps, but read all these great reviews.
Are the PMS Comps of the past still available?
From your Website?

I am interrested in PMS #6 & will gladly pay any shipping & production costs.

Personally...i like to mix brutal Black Metal and Voivod with some good Ambient and Techno
when i am listening to a bunch of music.
Its strange how Gorgoroth seems to flow well with Future Sounds Of London or Orb.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 18, 2005 11:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to one of the most beloved members of this community, I have PMS # 1 and 2, and I listen to them all the time, tons of great/crazy/mindfukkin' stuff.

PMS # 5 sounds particularly excellent.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 18, 2005 13:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

It's great to have a place to yourself. I wouldn't ever want to go back to sharing a flat!

--------------------

String em up

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 18, 2005 15:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Considering your usual impeccable taste, Tangento, consider my name put down for these. Even if they have to be sent by proxy again, it's all good, and much, much appreciated.

And congrats on the new place.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2005 23:01     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeez, thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

Here's the deal: if you're gonna own any of 'em, you've got to own them all. I like to think of it as a 'subscription' of sorts. As you might notice in future editions, there is a Zappa-esque 'Conceptual Continuity' at work here. In other words, there will be an ongoing trend of recurring themes and subtle references to past editions.

Money? I never charge for these, however donations from those who can afford them will certainly be willingly 'sucked into' the always needy Tangento.net vortex.

Anyway, we just need to get a wantlist going, and everyone needs to list the discs they're missing.

Hey Neut, that Thrones thing looks very interesting! Anyone who covers Black Blade has got my vote ...and is that a cover of The Residents' 'Easter Woman' I see in there?

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 23:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
count me in and i'll send a "donataion" out to you too.
and if you really want to know i don't have any of the previous ones.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 19, 2005 10:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... my French co-worker just heard PMS-1. She liked the Amelie soundtrack and the generally high level of accordian on the disk.

However, when Celtic Frosts 'Tristesse de la Lune' finished she tutted and said "Well, that made absolutely no sense at all!". She should try listening to the rest of Into The Pandamonium - then she'd really be fucking confused.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted August 19, 2005 10:26     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
count me in and i'll send a "donataion" out to you too.

Same here!
...Can't wait to finally hear these masterpiece since I didn't own any previous PMS compilation!
THIS time I want #5,6,7 for sure!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 19, 2005 10:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok...I have with me today...Vol 1., discs 1 & 2. I know at home I have two others. However, I can't remember what #s they are. I think one is #4. I don't remember a #3. Anyhoo...do we just email you then?

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 19, 2005 11:56     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Hey Neut, that Thrones thing looks very interesting! Anyone who covers Black Blade has got my vote ...and is that a cover of The Residents' 'Easter Woman' I see in there?

yes it's the Residents cover. Also, 'Oracle' is part 5 of Rush's 2112, and 'Young Savage' is a Ultravox cover.
About Black Blade, Mr Preston says "My second favorite BOC song. No sense in fucking up my favorite one."

Great album, really weird but it's growing on me. A couple of tracks I have to skip every time, though...

I still haven't heard any PMS comp... is your paypal account working now?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 19, 2005 12:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Ok...I have with me today...Vol 1., discs 1 & 2. I know at home I have two others. However, I can't remember what #s they are. I think one is #4. I don't remember a #3. Anyhoo...do we just email you then?

It is a #3, unless I somehow messed up and sent you two copies of the same disc.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 21, 2005 16:57     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm absolutely dying to hear what the Compiler Shaman Tan-Gento has come up with this time...your description of the latest offerings are causing me to drool like a Pavlov dog, so please put me on your list too, sir!

Sadly, I actually lost my original copy of PMS #3 due to harsh weather conditions and my demented memory...the CD got a huge crack in the middle when I forgot it in my car in the middle of January last winter -25 C ain't exactly the best temperature for storing your discs, heh. Good thing I copied it on my HD before that!

And hey, good to hear things are working well again for you man, I wish you & your girl the best in the future!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 21, 2005 17:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
5 and 6 for me, please. Meg should still have my address, if not, shoot me a line at benjaminfeltham@gmail.com.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 22, 2005 11:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
benjaminfeltham@gmail.com.

Benjamin?
awwwww...never would have guessed.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan